Its been a long time since I began to use Kaspersky products, since I upgraded to Window 8 and again installed KIS 2013, Win 8 apps don't work properly(especially built-in apps like mail,weather,news,etc, but other apps somehow works). So I upgraded to new KIS 2014 but it didn't solve the problem and also it is slower than KIS 2013, it crashed a lot during first few days, and while sending the error/crash report, self-generated by the app, it takes a long long time and at last it just fails, I have tried numerous times since the installation and doing it like everyday, but it always fails, the size of the error report is above 250MB. Also the Trusted App customization performance is not as good as version 2013, it is very slow, even the customized apps take a long time to load. My internet connection is also OK.

First I posted the win 8 app problem in Windows forum, and they answered that the problem was Kaspersky, I also googled for this problem and many users have the same problem in win 8.The KIS itself takes a lot long time to load during startup and also usually during normal operation, I also think that it hangs the explorer.exe a lot.

How to solve this problem ??? <_<

I downloaded the utility and collected the system information but while sending report to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, The 'Request Type' drop down list doesn't contain any to select and thatswhy I couldn't submit the report.

I will upload the generated file in this section.

GetSystemInfo_SUDEEP_Sudeep_2013_08_28_14_04_15.zip

I downloaded the utility and collected the system information but while sending report to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, The 'Request Type' drop down list doesn't contain any to select and thatswhy I couldn't submit the report.

I will upload the generated file in this section.

Ok. Do you have any files with the extention *full.dmp in the folder C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab?

Ok. Do you have any files with the extention *full.dmp in the folder C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab?

Yes, there are lots of such files. I guess they were created when the application ask to send the error report. Do I upload them ? And If upload, which one of them ? The latest One ?

Or all of them ?

The latest one has the filename -> KAV.14.0.0.4651a_08.28_09.03_1300.GUI0.full.dmp.enc1;;;;;; Size -> 252MB

And also there are many ZIP dump files.

Yes, there are lots of such files. I guess they were created when the application ask to send the error report. Do I upload them ? And If upload, which one of them ? The latest One ?

Or all of them ?

The latest one has the filename -> KAV.14.0.0.4651a_08.28_09.03_1300.GUI0.full.dmp.enc1;;;;;; Size -> 252MB

And also there are many ZIP dump files.

Yes, you're right. So, please, create a request to tech.support and attach to the request your GetSystemInfo and 3 of your latest full.dmp.

Yes, you're right. So, please, create a request to tech.support and attach to the request your GetSystemInfo and 3 of your latest full.dmp.

As I mentioned my problem earlier that 'why I couldn't upload the report ?', I will upload the image(the main problem is indicated). Without selecting the indicated drop box, I cannot complete the form, but the selection dropdown box is empty.

post-402706-1377773191_thumb.png

post-402706-1377773268_thumb.png

As I mentioned my problem earlier that 'why I couldn't upload the report ?', I will upload the image(the main problem is indicated). Without selecting the indicated drop box, I cannot complete the form, but the selection dropdown box is empty.

I'm working on it.

I had this problem some months ago. I solved the problem by manually putting each affected app into the Trusted category in Program Control. There was a long thread on it before from about 9 months or so ago...try searching for that thread as there were lots of solutions suggested there. Good luck.

I had this problem some months ago. I solved the problem by manually putting each affected app into the Trusted category in Program Control. There was a long thread on it before from about 9 months or so ago...try searching for that thread as there were lots of solutions suggested there. Good luck.

Thanks for reply.

I have some hope, I had tried it, I'd put some of the not working programs in the Trusted Programs category but they fail to load.

richbuff   

Settings > Protection center > Application control > click manage Applications > please post screenshot of Restricted and Untrusted and Blocked application groups.

Settings > Protection center > Application control > click manage Applications > please post screenshot of Restricted and Untrusted and Blocked application groups.

There are no Restricted and Untrusted and Blocked application groups. All apps are under Trusted groups or User modified group

Edited by SudeepShakya

User Modified. Details, please. Full details.

Post back about if you still have issue with making a Tech Support request.

The only user modified details that I have done so far,is that I increased the Security Level of Protection Center to 'High'.

And in the User Modified ->Exclusions, I checked all the options. That's it.

I couldn't make any Tech Support request due to the same reason mentioned earlier. To fill the form, there were criteria to submit the form, due to an empty Combo Selection Box, from which no option can be chosen, the submission cannot be done. The selection of an option in the Combo Box was necessary but there was nothing to choose.

Edited by SudeepShakya

richbuff   

Setting of what to high? File anti virus to high? Or? Please try default > reboot. Any better?

User Modified > What? Screenshot, please.

Exclusions > checked all options > what? Screenshot, please.

Setting of what to high? File anti virus to high? Or? Please try default > reboot. Any better?

User Modified > What? Screenshot, please.

Exclusions > checked all options > what? Screenshot, please.

I think Screenshots are not necessary as you have mentioned all the things I had done.

And for ->'Setting of what to high?' I did set all the setting to High where I found set to Normal.

I think till date, the KIS I had used; KIS 2014 is the hopeless one, Even during a Custom Scan, the Kaspersky Task Manager seems to hang a lot and takes a lot of time to come back to normal. Even when I open the KIS application, it hangs for a while even when the computer is idle. Every option that I browse in KIS, it hangs for sometime , it is occuring almost every time. I think I should return back to KIS 2013 <_< .

So for screenshots, its a difficult one, it takes a lot of time to open the Tools->Application Activity.

Even if it opens, it hangs. But I will give it a try.

I'm sorry, I cannot post Screenshot at this time as it is just hanging, every time I click it, it just hangs. If the hanging stops, I WILL post the screeshots.

First of all you do not have to crank all settings to high, so try to exit 2014, then uninstall it completely, reboot and reinstall this time simply using the default settings.

First of all you do not have to crank all settings to high, so try to exit 2014, then uninstall it completely, reboot and reinstall this time simply using the default settings.

Thanks for reply, but I want to confirm one thing, If I uninstall , Is there any way to back up the Update Definitions ?? Because it takes a lot of time to update the definitions.

I will also post the screenshot.

And also I want to confirm another thing, I have posted to microsoft forum and searched through internet and found the results that KIS/KAV BLOCKS Windows 8 apps.

If the reinstall KIS, will I be able to use Win 8 apps ???????

I cannot find the options iSwift and the other i.... in KIS 2014.

Also, I have modified the settings for 'explorer.exe ' as in the screenshot but every time I open my any of the drives(d:,e:.......), it takes a hell lot of time, simply it hangs a lot, mostly when the drive has setup files for programs. I even tried a full scan the drive that contains my software backup and then again opened the drive but it hangs a lot.

But this didn't happen in KIS 2013, once after scanning the drive, I think it recognizes the scanned the files and opens the drive instantly.

Even after modifying the settings of 'explorer.exe', it hangs a lot.

post-402706-1379397230_thumb.png

Edited by SudeepShakya