Sign in to follow this  
pmorris1983

Limitations of Basic Functionality

I just wanted to clear up something from the KES 10 Admin guide. On page 38 it states that in basic functionality mode:

Anti-virus security

Anti-Virus uses databases installed before the license has expired.

Remote connection to client computers

Remote connection to client computers is not available

I have been told by Kaspersky Support (more than once) that my not having a security center key would not cause issues I was experiencing with downloading updates or Remote connections and that the only reason for having a security center key was to manage mobile devices.

What EXACTLY does basic functionality cripple (and how)?

Cheers! :)

I just wanted to clear up something from the KES 10 Admin guide. On page 38 it states that in basic functionality mode:

Anti-virus security

Anti-Virus uses databases installed before the license has expired.

Remote connection to client computers

Remote connection to client computers is not available

I have been told by Kaspersky Support (more than once) that my not having a security center key would not cause issues I was experiencing with downloading updates or Remote connections and that the only reason for having a security center key was to manage mobile devices.

What EXACTLY does basic functionality cripple (and how)?

Cheers! :)

Hi,

This is related to license keys for client machines (eg KES for workstations / servers) and not the security center.

Basically, if you do not have a security center key installed you will not have patch management option available (application and vulnarabilities -> view detected software vulnerabilities -> fix vulnerability - and you would not be able to run that task without KCS licence key).

Thanks for that. It isn't very clear in the Admin documentation:

Before the application activation, or after the commercial license expires, Kaspersky Security Center runs in mode of basic functionality of Administration Console (see section "About the limitations of the basic functionality" on page 38).

That sounds like the functionality of the Administration Console is reduced if the application (Kaspersky Security Center/Administration Console) is reduced if said application is not activated (rather than if the clients are not activated).

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.