amol_p81

Kaspersky Full scan consumes 100% CPU Usage

Hi All,

I am using latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security i.e. Kaspersky Internet Security 14.0.0.4651 and when i start Full Scan it is almost consuming 100% CPU usage because of which i am unable to proceed with any other tasks on my desktop.

Below are the details of my machine:

Name: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz

NumberOfCores: 2

Can anybody please let me know on what can be actual issue when i give Full Scan?

Also i didn't faced this issue when i used other (other then Kaspersky Internet Security) Internet Security Software's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Amsa

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please find below URL of the report:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=4c8f0d27404730eebabd0f9afd7b1e18

Also when i do a Full Scan in Safe mode it took less then 1 hour with CPU utilization fluctuating below 100% however in Normal Mode its taking more then 1 hour and the System is difficult to use with CPS utilization fixed @ 100%.

Please find attached snapshot of CPU usage.

Regards

Amsa

post-480740-1377073344_thumb.jpg

Ok. The issue requires a high level investigation.

Please, submit a request to tech.support

Attach to an incident your GSI + traces + full hang dump.

2. Pause Protection

2) Enable Tracing: In the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky Window click “Support” ->“Support Tools", "Enable Traces" on Recommended trace level.

3) Reproduce the error, reboot your PC a couple of times, make sure Kaspersky doesn’t start or crashes during start, try to load it a couple of times manually through the shortcut or start menu folder.

4) With tracing enabled collect a full manual memory dump:

- For Windows 7/Vista

4) Disable Tracing

5) Send us the resulting traces

A detailed tracing guide is available here

Traces are *.log files with a specific name:

[Product].[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_[Random].[Type]. For example:

* KAV.13.0.1.4190_09.**_**.**_***.SRV.log.enc1

* KAV.13.0.1.4190_09.**_**.**_***.GUI.log.enc1

Please note that we requirel both GUI and SRV traces.

If possible, please compress traces and a memory dump in an archive with maximum compression ratio.

3. Please submit GetSystemInfo 5 utility report: http://support.kaspersky.com/3632

Please note, that by default the *.zip archive containing the report is saved on the desktop.

Please upload the report, crash dump and traces and to our FTP - http://support.kaspersky.com/3047 or to any freeware file-hosting service and submit a download link.

Please, publish here your request number.

I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and that seems to be fine. There seems to be some issue with KIS 2014.

Regards

Amsa

I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and that seems to be fine. There seems to be some issue with KIS 2014.

Regards

Amsa

There is always issues with new versions......the trick is to report them back to support and work with them......something most users do not want to do. So if that's how you feel then going with previous version is always a good idea.

I normally advice users to stay with the "old" previous version for 1-2 months after a new version is released simply because "old & tried" is the best option for those who have no issues with the older version. Usually 1 or 2 builds are quickly made from the experiences seen after a newly released version when it then used by thousands instead of the beta testers. So waiting for that 1-2 months are a good strategy IMO. :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.