pmorris1983

Using update agents to deploy packages

Hello,

So I have a large and widely geographically dispersed organisation. So I am dealing with slow (4MB) WAN links. There can be over 60-80 machines at each of these WAN sites and so distributing the KES10 application (which weighs in at over 400Mb) really requires a local distribution point. I only have a single Admin server.

I have created Update agents in each of the locations and they seem to be able to distribute antivirus database updates successfully. I cannot seem to get them to kick off installs or uninstalls however.

On the Network agent installed on the Update Agents I have selected "Use as connection gateway" in the advanced section of the installation package.

On the clients within the same LAN as the the Update agent I have installed a Network Agent with "connect to Administration Server using connection gateway" selected and the IP address of the Update Agent in the text box.

Whenever I try and kick off an install/uninstall from any of these clients with "Using Microsoft Windows resources by means of Update Agents" as the only checked box in the "Force the upload of uninstall utility" in the uninstall task the piechart remains grey, the task remains as "Ready for execution on x computers" and in the status section of results the job remains "Scheduled".

Worth noting that I have never been able to distribute packages "using network agent" either (the job seems to stick at "Copying files to client computer"). Don't know if this is related.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oh and klnagchk seemed to look okay last time I sent one to Kaspersky support. Can give you another one if you like. :rolleyes:

Oh and klnagchk seemed to look okay last time I sent one to Kaspersky support. Can give you another one if you like. :rolleyes:

Hello.

In such case I think you need to contact techsupport, send them the follow:

Remote installation task log http://support.kaspersky.com/9323, server traces, update agent traces, event logs from server/agent, GSI report.

Then write the number of the incident here.

Im still waiting for a response on my last incident: INC000001979234. Thats at 3 weeks at the mo. Guess if I want an answer before the end of the year I should put in my request now. Although I still hold out some hope that CF1 might fix all my issues....

How do I get the task log and GSI report?

Ta

Just curious if you ever found a resolution on this? I have the same issue with AGent 9.3.75 and KES 8.0.1042. I've had this issue since i started using version 9KSC and KES8. When i have KES 6, it all seemed to be ok. Im thinking it might be the size of the installation package and my bandwidth. I dont know though. I just cant seem to win with using Update Agents.....

i don't think you need to set up the "connection gateway" option you described. Just set up the update agent, create the task and choose to deploy with the update agent and that's it.

You also need to verify the wan to make sure the ports used aren't blocked by a firewall , router or switch.

I would love to have your "slow" wan links. We have 512kb at one site and at most 2MB.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.