AxisAxis

Password manager keeps disconecting

I bought PURE 3 today and wanted to try out and use the Password manager. I did everything like here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/9574

Made a master password ang got logg in. Started to use the manager, added a few accounts and then after 20 min the manager got disconected automaticly. The problem I have now is that I cant use the password manager any more. I connect but after 3-4 seconds I get dissconected. :angry:

Im using Google Chrome, latest version, which is 28.

Have the same problem with Internett Explorer.

If this is not easy to fix I will ask to get the money refound. I did not use the 30 days trial.

Edited by AxisAxis

Your Windows Log is showing an Error Message on following object :

C:\PROGRA~2\KASPER~1\KASPER~2.0\KASPER~2\stpass.exe

Please contact the Technical Support http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

Edited by Berny

In the meantime you might try following procedure that resolved the same issue in another section of this Forum :

> Take a backup from your "Passwords Database"

> Uninstall PURE with the Removal Tool : http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

> Reboot.

> Proceed with the "Registry Cleaner" from CCleaner

> Reboot

> Reinstall PURE

Curious, I came to the forum to ask a very similar question, and lo and behold, this thread was at the top of the board. In my case, I don't know if the manager would continue disconnecting, because after it did the first time, it won't let me login with the master password. Each time that I try, it first says that the password doesn't match, then just below that, it says that the master password has been forgotten. Since it won't let me reset the password, I guess that the only alternative that I have is to reinstall it, but looking at this thread, it appears that would probably only be a temporary solution, which I wouldn't want to have to keep applying. Looks like a bug to me.

I bought PURE 3 today and wanted to try out and use the Password manager. I did everything like here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/9574

Made a master password ang got logg in. Started to use the manager, added a few accounts and then after 20 min the manager got disconected automaticly. The problem I have now is that I cant use the password manager any more. I connect but after 3-4 seconds I get dissconected. :angry:

Im using Google Chrome, latest version, which is 28.

Have the same problem with Internett Explorer.

If this is not easy to fix I will ask to get the money refound. I did not use the 30 days trial.

I have the same problem and it started the same way as you described, Its popup a window message

I want to ask you if you have System Mechanic installed?

post-473222-1376902721_thumb.png

What is the request number? I used the "Create system state report" under support tools but when I go to send it, it asks for a request number.

I did however let it create a zip file and saved it under my desktop but you are not clear where we are suppose to send it?

Here. :)

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.

Attach to the request your last GSI link and Password manager report:

Please find, copy and send is the spLog.log file, located in:

Windows Vista, 7, 8 - C:\Program Data\Kasperky Lab\kpm\

Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.

Attach to the request your last GSI link and Password manager report:

Please find, copy and send is the spLog.log file, located in:

Windows Vista, 7, 8 - C:\Program Data\Kasperky Lab\kpm\

I already sent a ticket to tech support and here is the number: Support 315110085

C:\Program Data\Kasperky Lab\kpm\ " Does not exist" ( And yes I unchecked hide system and hidden files ).

The log file does not exist either under any drive.

I have windows 7 64 bit.

Paul

I already sent a ticket to tech support and here is the number: Support 315110085

C:\Program Data\Kasperky Lab\kpm\ " Does not exist" ( And yes I unchecked hide system and hidden files ).

The log file does not exist either under any drive.

I have windows 7 64 bit.

Paul

----------------------------------------

Well they sent me instructions and so far it works but I have not tested it through out. I did work at first the last time but after got stuck but for now its working. here are the instructions for anyone else whom may find it useful.

Please remove and reinstall Kaspersky:

Step 1 - Download the latest version:

Download the latest version from our website:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/product.../kaspersky-pure

Step 2 - Remove the existing version:

Close out of Kaspersky, right-click on the Kaspersky K in the lower right corner of your screen and choose 'Exit'.

Then go to the Start Menu > 'All Programs' > 'Kaspersky PURE' > 'Remove'.

Click 'Next'.

Select 'Save Application Objects' if not already selected.

Click 'Next'.

Follow the prompts to complete the process.

Then reboot your computer when prompted.

Step 3 - Reinstall:

Double-click the downloader installer and follow the prompts to install.

Your activation data should be picked up automatically.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

Well they sent me instructions and so far it works but I have not tested it through out. I did work at first the last time but after got stuck but for now its working. here are the instructions for anyone else whom may find it useful.

Please remove and reinstall Kaspersky:

Step 1 - Download the latest version:

Download the latest version from our website:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/product.../kaspersky-pure

Step 2 - Remove the existing version:

Close out of Kaspersky, right-click on the Kaspersky K in the lower right corner of your screen and choose 'Exit'.

Then go to the Start Menu > 'All Programs' > 'Kaspersky PURE' > 'Remove'.

Click 'Next'.

Select 'Save Application Objects' if not already selected.

Click 'Next'.

Follow the prompts to complete the process.

Then reboot your computer when prompted.

Step 3 - Reinstall:

Double-click the downloader installer and follow the prompts to install.

Your activation data should be picked up automatically.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I did notice this time is that it added an exception to disable the browsers build in password Managers, not sure if it was there last build but this sounds like something that could conflict with the manager if it were not disabled, so maybe that was the fix, Just though it was worth mentioning it, anyways well see soon enough :)

I had the same problem with the password manager, but disabling sync seems to help for me.

Gsi log

Recently I noticed the same problem and indeed sync was the cause of a problem (PURE worked great for a few months, out of nothing Password Manager refused to start). Is Kaspersky working on to restore sync function? I have to admin that this function is very handy so it would be nice to have it back again.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.