hTGgU8

Support for BitLocker encrypted drives?

Hello

it isn't that simple as the bitlocker mechanism is proprietary to microsoft and closed source, meaning KL and others don't know how it works inside. There are attempts to get read access on linux (but read access is a bit useless for a virus scanner which has to remove malware as well).

Hello

it isn't that simple as the bitlocker mechanism is proprietary to microsoft and closed source, meaning KL and others don't know how it works inside. There are attempts to get read access on linux (but read access is a bit useless for a virus scanner which has to remove malware as well).

Is there any way to clean a bitlocker encrypted drive? I refuse to boot it, because the virus immediately becomes active and starts eating up the system.

I think you may be able to disable bitlocker from the Windows DVD through the command line, scan and reenable it afterwards.

But before, you should try to see if you can boot through safe mode.

I think you may be able to disable bitlocker from the Windows DVD through the command line, scan and reenable it afterwards.

But before, you should try to see if you can boot through safe mode.

That's good advice. I'll try it next time.

I keep all my important data in the cloud, so the actual desktop is disposable. I simply wiped the drive and re-installed the OS and all apps, including anti-virus. I have just adopted that as a strategy. All data in the cloud, wipe and re-install if infected. With so much aggressive malware and the ineffectiveness of anti-malware programs, this seems to be the only way. In fact, one might take it a step further. One might assume that even if the installed anti-malware program does not report an infection, that there actually is an infection that it couldn't find. One might pro-actively wipe and re-install everything, say every two weeks or so.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.