itgregory

Windows 8.1 vs KES10 [In progress]

Hi,

actually it is not possible to install KESx on Windows 8.1 nor on Windows Server 2012 R2 - as they are also officially not in CR status.

Actually the KLIF (Kaspersky Lab Interception Filter) driver do not support both OS:

Action start : StartDriverEx.

StartDriver: StartService(klif) failed: 0x000004FB

Action ended : StartDriverEx. Return value 1275.

CustomAction StartServiceKlifSys returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

MSI (s) (B0:94) [16:22:41:096]: Note: 1: 2265 2: 3: -2147287035

MSI (s) (B0:94) [16:22:41:096]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

MSI (s) (B0:94) [16:22:41:096]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

Action ended 16:22:41: InstallExecute. Return value 3.

So, you first have to wait until Microsoft releases the final and KESx supports it.

Br,

dawinci

hi Dawinci,

Thanks for update. I'm sure kaspersky is working on updated KES that will support 8.1 is there no Beta version that I and others can test?

Thanks

Greg

No.

Wait of CF1. Hopefully this version will support Windows 8.1.

No.

Wait of CF1. Hopefully this version will support Windows 8.1.

Hello,

I am afraid I have to inform you that KES10 CF1 will not support Windows 8.1. Please wait for the official announcement of the ETA of the KES10 release with the support of the Windows 8.1.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.

Hello,

I am afraid I have to inform you that KES10 CF1 will not support Windows 8.1. Please wait for the official announcement of the ETA of the KES10 release with the support of the Windows 8.1.

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.

Very bad news :( .

Regards

Caos

I can't belive what I'm hearing right now. My computers will all go to update to 8.1, and after that we can not use KES! WTF!

lets give them some time, offical release date is 18.10 ;)

but more worst is that there is NO Enterprise Security for Windows Server 2012, thats BAD. how should i protect customers XenDesktop 7 Farms??

With Symantec??

please please, quicker response, because the market is going on, microsoft isn't waiting for third party software developers to be ready.

Edited by stylemongo

but more worst is that there is NO Enterprise Security for Windows Server 2012, thats BAD. how should i protect customers XenDesktop 7 Farms??

With Symantec??

That not correct.

Kes10 supports Windows 2012:

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation х64 Edition (ReFS is not supported; Core mode is not supported);

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials х64 Edition (ReFS is not supported; Core mode is not supported);

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard х64 Edition (ReFS is not supported; Core mode is not supported);

Only Windows 2012 R2 is not supportted.

That not correct.

Kes10 supports Windows 2012:

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation х64 Edition (ReFS is not supported; Core mode is not supported);

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials х64 Edition (ReFS is not supported; Core mode is not supported);

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard х64 Edition (ReFS is not supported; Core mode is not supported);

Only Windows 2012 R2 is not supportted.

i know, but i mean the Anti-Virus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition not Endpoint Security....

as i know this Product is the only one with Citrix Support.

Edited by stylemongo

Hi,

I got Windows 8.1 Pro x64 final version already thru MSDN, and KES 10.1.0.867 doesn't install. I get a compatibility issue message from Windows's Program Compatibility Assistant, i can close or get online help (but no solutin appears from online help).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

I got Windows 8.1 Pro x64 final version already thru MSDN, and KES 10.1.0.867 doesn't install. I get a compatibility issue message from Windows's Program Compatibility Assistant, i can close or get online help (but no solutin appears from online help).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hello!

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.

Unfortunately, Windows 8.1 is not supported by the current version of KES 10 and KES 10 MR1.

I can't belive what I'm hearing right now. My computers will all go to update to 8.1, and after that we can not use KES! WTF!

Smoot Operator:

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 at this time?

What's the reason of rushing in to an upgrade to Windows 8.1 instead of giving it some time?

Please specify. Refer to some Microsoft articles.

Smoot Operator:

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 at this time?

What's the reason of rushing in to an upgrade to Windows 8.1 instead of giving it some time?

Please specify. Refer to some Microsoft articles.

Well, 8.1 will be avaible to upgrade via Windows Update, if my machines use Windows Update, one morning I could be having these computers upgraded, and can not use KES.

Well, 8.1 will be avaible to upgrade via Windows Update, if my machines use Windows Update, one morning I could be having these computers upgraded, and can not use KES.

Yeah Smoot Operator, why on earth would you want to go with the latest release of anything? Oh, wait, I know why (at least for us) You're a major enterprise that does a crap ton of testing of an OS before you ever think to release it to your users.

For those of you wondering when 8.1 will be supported, the word right now is April....Yep, that's right folks, 6 months after release. For Windows Server 2012 to be supported by the FSEE product? April (maybe)...yep 1.5 years after release. and yes, I know that server 2012 is supported by KES10...but ask your tech support folks if they recommend you install it... There is a reason that Kaspersky put out a server version of their product after all...

Good job Kaspersky, don't want to rush into these things, after all Microsoft might decide to back out of their latest release and take it off the market, then where would you be, looking silly with a version of your software that supports something that MS pulled back off the market.

Get your crap together Kaspersky, I think everyone can understand not supporting a beta release, I think we can all understand not having a release the day of that OS going public. But having to wait months and months? That's just lazy programing. Your a microsoft partner, you have the same access to the software that I do, and probably earlier access to it than I do. There is zero reasons why you do not have this product ready within days of having the product released by MS.

Sadly, but you are right.

So you are deploying a R2 release, through a in-place upgrade AND windows update, with no tests whatsoever ? I'm glad I'm not one of your end-user.

@Michael lawler : I think this is just a problem of development resources and policies (prioritizing consumer over business users).

@Helmut : the lack of 2012 Datacenter is a huge blow for Enteprise market. A lot of mid-size companies and bigger deploy Datacenter over Standard Edition to benefit from the license model. I'm not sure why Kaspersky is shooting itself in the foot by ignoring

such a big market tbh.

I saw that KES 10 had support for Windows 8, so I've thought that wouldn't be a problem to install the 8.1. My mistake and now I'm too lazy to make a new reformat and Windows 7 installation... Furthermore, I had Windows 7 Pro, and the Windows 8.1 Pro now has more functions and resources than the previous.

Anyone have any idea of when KES will be supported in Windows 8.1?

Thanks!

holy cow! a lot of my customer are using windows 8, got to make some phone calls today and tell them not to update to 8.1 or all hell breaks loose. :cb_punk:

I cant belive how some people here can not think out side of box. Clearly you all you work in big companies, with WSUS, and policy. Great, I have all of that, don't worry, and my primary work is not at stake.

After my daily job, I also administrate and maintain dozen of smalll buissness companies, that even don't have a domain. They all have KES (thanks to me), and Windows update turned on. I just can not belive the work I will be facing in next period, going to all those companies, and then on every computer turn off Windows Update, then again in month-two, turn them on.

That's not cool. Not cool at all.

I saw that KES 10 had support for Windows 8, so I've thought that wouldn't be a problem to install the 8.1. My mistake and now I'm too lazy to make a new reformat and Windows 7 installation... Furthermore, I had Windows 7 Pro, and the Windows 8.1 Pro now has more functions and resources than the previous.

Anyone have any idea of when KES will be supported in Windows 8.1?

Thanks!

April, 2014. Same for the FSEE product to support Server 2012.

@Michael lawler : I think this is just a problem of development resources and policies (prioritizing consumer over business users).

I believe you are correct on that, sad since Kaspersky is trying to make a big push to capture more entriprise business. New VP of enterprise sales, new enterprise sales staff team, new enterprise tech support team....sadly no enterprise dev team :(

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.