zerc

Firefox X+1 is out there, Things Kaspersky can/should do to help w/Firefox updates

Waiting for KPM fix to update it... So, any predictions? :dash1:

Why does it take Kaspersky always take so long to react to updates? And why can't they integrate Password Manager Updates into the update routine of KIS??

KIS and KPM are seperate products. PURE 3.0 will automatically update the integrated KPM.

KIS and KPM are seperate products. PURE 3.0 will automatically update the integrated KPM.

Is this a joke or what ? See http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=260928

The PWM updates in Pure so far have been mostly done through patches that had to be downloaded seperately.

Furthermore, the above mentioned thread simply proves that PWM updates are a mess and a nightmare for Pure users, and forum mods as well, as they have to deal with user's questions and growing unsatisfaction.

So an upgrade to Pure based on it's superior handling of PWM is pure nonsense

Edited by liberte50

Is this a joke or what ?

In 3.0 version PWM updates are included in AutoPatches. You don't need to install anything yourself.

In 3.0 version PWM updates are included in AutoPatches. You don't need to install anything yourself.

Hi,

When I write about " a joke ", I mean to be a bit sarcastic about the PWM update frequency in Pure 3 ... we're not talking days or even weeks, but months waiting for an update to make it compatible with Firefox ! As a matter of respect towards users, KL should stop eluding the PWM / Pure 3 problems, it should be adressed openly and honestly. Again, we're talking months here ... patience has it's limits ...

Thanks.

Hi,

i've installed KPM 5. about 25 days ago.

never used it before.

when kaspersky Lab release update , KPM update itself automatically ?

in KPM setting i haven't find nothing about update

Hi,

i've installed KPM 5. about 25 days ago.

never used it before.

when kaspersky Lab release update , KPM update itself automatically ?

in KPM setting i haven't find nothing about update

Sorry to tell you this - you have to check and perform the updating yourself.

Man I love this program, but why is it taking you so long to release a update to work with firefox? I hope you are quicker to update your antivirus for new viruses then this.

Is it too much to ask that we should not have to put up with the same frustrating inconvenience every time Firefox issues an upgrade? Does anyone have any useful information on this? :angry:

I think they nothing know about Beta Testing

6th August Mozilla Firefox 23 will be released

@Kaspersky: You can inform your QS and Developer Team if they need the beta version they can dowload it from the beta channel

aaaaah yes same with Chrome..... Still waiting for an update and I get the information that chrome plugin will be update 1st week july.

and nothing also no pure 3 update mmmmmpf

PURE 3.0 patch B with compatibility will be released in some days.

This thread isn't about Pure 3 :unsure: It is about KPM stand alone version 5 .174.

When will KPM 5 .174 standalone be updated? :icon20:

This thread isn't about Pure 3 :unsure: It is about KPM stand alone version 5 .174.

When will KPM 5 .174 standalone be updated? :icon20:

>>>and nothing also no pure 3 update mmmmmpf

That was to this.

Our developers are finishing their tests at the moment. We hope to release it by the end of the week.

>>>and nothing also no pure 3 update mmmmmpf

That was to this.

Our developers are finishing their tests at the moment. We hope to release it by the end of the week.

I hope it's gonna be compatible with FF 23 too (which will be out soon, I guess)

come on guys if this was a free product id have no issue with it taking this long, but we paid for this, we are your customers... why is it taking this long. they in firefox 23 beta testing heck before you get this patch or update out, firefox 23 will be out. FF22 came out one 6-23-13 I think, so we on three weeks now.

Good patches take time to prepare.

At this time, this topic thread is going to take a well deserved cooling off period.

If anyone thinks they have something helpful to contribute, please click my user name, and select Send message.

Until then, this topic is on wait-and-see status. :)

KPM/Firefox users know that every time a new version of Firefox comes out, KPM doesn't work with it. 3 things I would like to see Kaspersky do:

1) Update KPM sooner.

2) As soon as the new version of KPM is released, put the new version on the website AS THE NEW VERSION. As of this writing, .176 has been out for at least a week (see http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=268983), and .174 is still shown on the website.

3) Build an update checker into KPM so that users don't have to keep checking the website and forums to find the latest version.