fleon

Invalid license

Hello, i just received my new kaspersky license and i am having trouble using it on 6 machines only. I get the error "the keyfile is not compatible with this application. it is impossible to activate kaspersky endpoint security 8 for windows by using the key for another application.

I even tried uninstalling the whole kaspersky by using kavremover.

My key says: Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business - Select Latin America Edition. 500-999 Node 3 year Renewal License: Kaspersky Security for WS and FS

The antivirus on this machine is kaspersky endpoint security 8 on windows xp sp3

It is weird because the license is being accepted on other machines.

Hello, i just received my new kaspersky license and i am having trouble using it on 6 machines only. I get the error "the keyfile is not compatible with this application. it is impossible to activate kaspersky endpoint security 8 for windows by using the key for another application.

I even tried uninstalling the whole kaspersky by using kavremover.

My key says: Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business - Select Latin America Edition. 500-999 Node 3 year Renewal License: Kaspersky Security for WS and FS

The antivirus on this machine is kaspersky endpoint security 8 on windows xp sp3

It is weird because the license is being accepted on other machines.

Hello,

you have to work with build 831 and apply at least patches A and B. Anyway, considering that patch B can cause some troubles, be sure to apply A, B, C and D.

M

How can i apply patch A and B since it won't allow me to activate the application in order to apply updates? chicken and egg problem...

No, no...chicken and egg is another and most tricky issue! ;)

If you have KSC in place you can deploy (or install locally) patches which are stored into the klshare (file .msp...the path is something like Updates\autopatches\12...). Once those patches have been applied, reboot the PC and that's it!

M

How can i apply patch A and B since it won't allow me to activate the application in order to apply updates? chicken and egg problem...

Hi,

you have simmple way, after the install patch pf82 you can add the license key to KES8,

Download the patch pf82 here

Thanks,

Sahan Marga

Hello,

once said that PF stands for "Private Fix" thus it shouldn't be published on a forum (my opinion, of course), PF82 is a cumulative patch that includes Autopatches B and C and PF80...therefore you should firstly install Patch A!.

In my experience i can tell you that it's better to rely on official msp files instead of that PF as, sometimes, it may fail.

M

well, if a pf is being linked on the kaspersky website and being tested with lots of users, it is a beta patch rather than a client-specific fix.

however, i have already resolved 6 machines by installing the regular patches manually through the console (the .msp files)

Since i made a new stand-alone executable with the new license this shouldn't happen anymore.