I like Firewall functionality but i would like to see much more detailed reports. For example, i want to be able to click on a name of a program and get detailed report for the day: which IP's it had access to, in what time, sent and received packets and i want to be able to copy the data. It doesn't do that for programs with permission set to "Allow", only for programs with permission set to "Prompt for action" and reports don't contain much information.

I hope Kaspersky developer team will take this in consideration for the next application updates.

Hello

you just need to enable 'logging' for the applications inside the rules. Create the rule to allow inside the group of the application (rules are inherited inside their groups from the parent group) to allow + log:

kis2012_6419_06_en13-116410.jpg

Thanks, i didn't know this.

But still there can be some improvements in the reports:

If i save the report it doesn't save the IP addresses in the right format, but like this 0.0.0.0

It can show the domain names along with the IP address.

In right click can be integrated option to open file location.

Also, keyboard shortcuts to open Settings and Reports window will be useful.

Standard packets have ip's, not DNS. DNS resolution occurs at a higher level and through different functionality than the firewall. Basically when the packets hit the firewall they don't have DNS names, that information is resolved before. Reverse DNS resolution is a tricky business and not reliable.

I am suggesting this because i have seen other firewalls like Online Armor to report IP address along with the domain name. I don't know how correct is they reporting.

And it is inconvenient that it is not possible to copy the IP address from the reports.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.