rgould

Fatal Error during installation, Fatal Error during installation KES10 Windows 7 Pro 64

Kaspersky is new to my company. KSC installed fine on a Win Server 2003 machine. Remote installation to the endpoints isn't possible because of domain restrictions. I've resorted to remoting into the machines individually to install Endpoint Security 10. Operating Systems include Windows Server 2003, Windows 7 Pro 32/64, Windows 8 Pro 64.

The particular machine that is failing is an HP Pro Book 4535s. The user has only had the machine for one full business day. Incompatible software, per the list included with KES10, has been removed. On a hunch, i tried installation on an identical machine and it failed as well. The log files generated by msiexec on both machines differ only by about 400 bytes. they are attached. These are rather cryptic and i don't see why the install fails.

thanks in advance

KaspLog.zip

I just had a similar installer problem with KES 8 (post just below this one), in which remnants of a previous installation attempt caused the issue. In your log files, you can search for the entry "return value 3", as the point of failure will be immediately above that. A value of 3 means a generic installer error 1603 was generated, and that triggers a rollback of the installation. In your log, the key lines are:

Action start : DriverAction performs installation klfltdev C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows\klfltdev_x64_600\klfltdev.inf .

reg_cat: skipping cat file installation.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: Actual inf section is 'DefaultInstall'.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 1.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 3.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 14.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 11.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 12.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 4.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: operation number 2.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: Failed to open file queue. Error: 0x8007000d.

DriverAction: FilterDriver: Failed to install form inf file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows\klfltdev_x64_600\klfltdev.inf'. Error: 0x8007000d.

reg_inf failed

DriverActionImpl failed. Return value 3.

Action ended : DriverAction. Return value 3.

CustomAction InstallDriverKlfltdevX64Nt600 returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Action ended 1:02:51: InstallExecute. Return value 3.

Action 1:02:51: Rollback. Rolling back action:

Rollback: InstallDriverKlfltdevX64Nt600

Rollback: RollbackDriverKlfltdevX64Nt600

From this it appears that there is a permissions issue (Error: 0x8007000d) when installing or registering the device driver klfltdev.inf. The installer runs under the System account and that appears not to have permission to do what is needed on those two machines, although it should. Permission might be denied if there is another security product that is guarding the registry, or a previous security product that altered the permissions. Security products are usually bundled by HP, and you may need to download and run the removal tool for those products.

Microsoft has a fix-it 50485 (KB2230597) for a similar permissions issue that you might try.

The log also mentions "failed to open file queue" which could imply a limit of some kind on the number of allowed file handles or filters. You might check this registry key and make sure it's set to 14.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\MaxNumFilters to the value of 14

The above do not directly address your error but the problem is likely to be something along these lines. Once you have a failed KES installation, it's also best to run the Kaspersky removal tool and remove any remnants of previous attempts before trying again. You can also manually search the disk and registry for references to the failed driver to make sure than nothing remains to interfere.

Please open a ticket through the company account

[ http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/companyaccount_help.aspx ]

In your summary please specify this #:

Issue Details - 216943

Thank you.

I'm sorry i didn't see this post. I logged a new ticket with support number INC000001762243 using our company account. i'll follow up with a reply to the technician with this thread ID

I'm sorry i didn't see this post. I logged a new ticket with support number INC000001762243 using our company account. i'll follow up with a reply to the technician with this thread ID

Hi

This is quite old topic but I have exact same problem and I wanted to ask, have you found a solution to this. I have installed 120 PC's successfully but 5 PC's refuses.

Hi

This is quite old topic but I have exact same problem and I wanted to ask, have you found a solution to this. I have installed 120 PC's successfully but 5 PC's refuses.

Hello.

Please clarify what you understand by "exact same problem":

1. Installation fails on laptops model HP Pro Book 4535s

2. Installation fails upon trying to install klfltdev.sys driver

3. You are installing KES 10.1.0.867

If all of this matches, we'd recommend starting with changing KES version to 10.2.1.23 to see if the error persists. If the issue you are having is with 10.2.1.23 already, please create an individual incident.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please clarify what you understand by "exact same problem":

1. Installation fails on laptops model HP Pro Book 4535s

2. Installation fails upon trying to install klfltdev.sys driver

3. You are installing KES 10.1.0.867

If all of this matches, we'd recommend starting with changing KES version to 10.2.1.23 to see if the error persists. If the issue you are having is with 10.2.1.23 already, please create an individual incident.

Thank you.

Hello,

No, Kaspersky never nailed down why this was failing. I ended up "fixing" the installation by wiping out the machines, reinstalling the OS from scratch and then installing Kaspersky.

Hello,

No, Kaspersky never nailed down why this was failing. I ended up "fixing" the installation by wiping out the machines, reinstalling the OS from scratch and then installing Kaspersky.

Hi,

Thank You for sharing this information. Do I understand correctly that the issue is now solved for you and we can close this topic?

Hi,

Thank You for sharing this information. Do I understand correctly that the issue is now solved for you and we can close this topic?

No, it's not solved. I had to reinstall the OS just to install Kaspersky.

You must give us a change to find the problem on your clients.

There are the install logs a great possibility.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.