itl@itl.co.bw

KSC 10 Rollout Upgrade from KSC 9 to KSC 10

Attention Kaspersky,

Since the time I have upgraded to KSC 10 all Machines in the network have slowed down. Network gets choked.

The Server that is holding KSC 10 console is always high utilization of Memory and CPU.

Can anyone advise how to workout this problem.

It looks to me that Kaspersky moving forward creates more problems rather than enhancements.

I require a workout on my problem..

Hi,

Could you please be more specific - all PCs at network became slower of NETWORK became slower(because of increased traffic?)

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of task manager from server that shows who is responsible for CPU usage?

Hi,

Could you please be more specific - all PCs at network became slower of NETWORK became slower(because of increased traffic?)

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of task manager from server that shows who is responsible for CPU usage?

I am unable to open the KSC 10 as it complains of the local server not available. After restarting the Kaspersky administration services it opens but gets hung once I start making changes on the policies.

all the tasks are in the running mode while as they should have been running as per their own schedules.

arp.exe is taking most of the resources and throttling the network.

I am attaching the screen shot of the task manager.

I am attaching a write up from the end user as well

********************************************************************************

We are having serious network problems that have been created by the upgrade to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows. Our network is extremely slow for both staff and students. This has been realised by all computer users. The biggest impact has been seen in Lab 5 where they run the Accpac accounting package for practice and exam assessments. Below is the scenario of which I have proof after troubleshooting:

a) It used to take about 3-5 minutes to load a database in Accpac with Kaspersky version 9. Students dump a database into their memory sticks when they leave the lab and then load it the next time they come to the lab. This makes sure that they are always using their own database and avoids it overwritten by other users.

B) After installation of version 10 this process of loading takes 40– 60minutes. You can imagine that in a 2 hour class the first hour is spent on loading which makes teaching virtually impossible.

c) I removed Kaspersky completely from the computer and the process takes only 5 minutes.

This issue was not there with Kaspersky version 9 and only came about with the upgrade to 10. Even my computer with 4GB of RAM has become slow. Other staff are experiencing slow applications including Office applications, email and just general startup and shutdowns. Computers are also freezing at times.

This is a serious issue that I have to report the cause to Management and I need you guys to come and attend to it urgently as its serious and affects all the computers in the institution. Computerised exams cannot be written because of this issue. I do not expect to see a heavy network degradation/ PC performance from an antivirus upgrade. The antivirus server has no free space in drive C: because of 16GB work of disk space of Kaspersky log files. I have long reported this issue. We are even failing to install Kaspersky on new machines as it comes with a server connection error.

********************************************************************************

I would appreciate your assistance on the this. The user base is 270 seats.

post-415336-1369046943_thumb.jpg

I am unable to open the KSC 10 as it complains of the local server not available. After restarting the Kaspersky administration services it opens but gets hung once I start making changes on the policies.

all the tasks are in the running mode while as they should have been running as per their own schedules.

We are having serious network problems that have been created by the upgrade to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows. Our network is extremely slow for both staff and students. This has been realised by all computer users. The biggest impact has been seen in Lab 5 where they run the Accpac accounting package for practice and exam assessments. Below is the scenario of which I have proof after troubleshooting:

a) It used to take about 3-5 minutes to load a database in Accpac with Kaspersky version 9. Students dump a database into their memory sticks when they leave the lab and then load it the next time they come to the lab. This makes sure that they are always using their own database and avoids it overwritten by other users.

B) After installation of version 10 this process of loading takes 40– 60minutes. You can imagine that in a 2 hour class the first hour is spent on loading which makes teaching virtually impossible.

c) I removed Kaspersky completely from the computer and the process takes only 5 minutes.

This issue was not there with Kaspersky version 9 and only came about with the upgrade to 10. Even my computer with 4GB of RAM has become slow. Other staff are experiencing slow applications including Office applications, email and just general startup and shutdowns. Computers are also freezing at times.

This is a serious issue that I have to report the cause to Management and I need you guys to come and attend to it urgently as its serious and affects all the computers in the institution. Computerised exams cannot be written because of this issue. I do not expect to see a heavy network degradation/ PC performance from an antivirus upgrade. The antivirus server has no free space in drive C: because of 16GB work of disk space of Kaspersky log files. I have long reported this issue. We are even failing to install Kaspersky on new machines as it comes with a server connection error.

my dear,

This has been identified by an analyst at Kaspersky Lab. Give it a read this post!

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2023289

I take this communication to enhance the availability of CompanyAccount, opening system called via the Kaspersky Lab web

To use CompanyAccount, http://brazil.kaspersky.com/suporte/companyaccount simply login and create an account using your key NFR. Guests can also create accounts with the keys acquired.

Again, this system is only compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or 10 (in compatibility mode).

What version AV are you running on the servers (wsee8?) & the workstations (kes10?)? Have you put in the proper exceptions for all server side & client side applications in use (most vendors have KB articles detailing paths/programs/services/ports/websites that need to be allowed in any AV)? What other settings do you have in your policies (see http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2026267 as a place to start with kes10/wsee8 policies)? What are the specs of your ksc10 server & what sql are you running with it? Did you migrate policies from kes8 to kes10 or did you start from scratch (hint - start from scratch, but you can export/import your exceptions/trusted apps).

Have you gone through the following?

http://www.kaspersky.com/docs

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/learning

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.