Hi all,

I do have KIS 13.0.1.4190 (g). Question:

Why KIS needs so long to automatically update the virus-database when I start the computer?

Thanks.

joschi

Hi all,

I do have KIS 13.0.1.4190 (g). Question:

Why KIS needs so long to automatically update the virus-database when I start the computer?

Thanks.

joschi

Hello....This is by design and should be the same in KIS 2013.

In Kaspersky Lab products version 2010/2011/2012 automatical databases update task is delayed for 15 minutes after computer start. Such delayed databases update task is created in order your operating system boots all the required processes before the databases update. Thus, the system resources will become available to download anti-virus databases.

If you're not happy with that you can always do a manual update at any time but KIS checks/updates approx every 2 hrs.

http://support.kaspersky.com/2527

Hello....This is by design and should be the same in KIS 2013.

In Kaspersky Lab products version 2010/2011/2012 automatical databases update task is delayed for 15 minutes after computer start. Such delayed databases update task is created in order your operating system boots all the required processes before the databases update. Thus, the system resources will become available to download anti-virus databases.

If you're not happy with that you can always do a manual update at any time but KIS checks/updates approx every 2 hrs.

http://support.kaspersky.com/2527

This is the reason why I wrote here. I do it any time manually.

I hope Kaspersky has done here a good decision with waiting of 15 minutes.

Last question on that:

This does not mean that KIS is starting late generally? Because sometimes the KIS Icon in the Taskbar needs also some minutes till you can see it. I though KIS in Windows 8 will start very early. Correct?

The Kaspersky protection drivers and protection service start very early in the boot process. They are running long before you log on to Windows.

15 minute wait for automatic update is correct, for the optimal balance of functionality and security. but, you can configure this to what you prefer.

15 minute wait for automatic update is correct, for the optimal balance of functionality and security. but, you can configure this to what you prefer.

How or where can I change the time to start automatic update?

How or where can I change the time to start automatic update?

Hi again....Update settings...run mode and check the radio button "by schedule"

and adjust the 15 mins below to you're preference...click ok and apply to save the settings.

post-159293-1369041706_thumb.jpg

Hi again....Update settings...run mode and check the radio button "by schedule"

and adjust the 15 mins below to you're preference...click ok and apply to save the settings.

Hi,

But this means the update will occur only once a day?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.