Sign in to follow this  
delcarto

Secure Connection Failed. Invalid Security Certificate

Hello all. I hope someone can shed some light on this issue I am having. I keep getting a yellow triangle error that I have never gotten before. The error title says "Secure Connection Failed".

The only way to keep the error from happening is to turn off Kaspersky Pure 3 completely.

The error happens when I open the "TomTom Home" software that I have installed for updating my GPS unit. Here is the complete wording of the error:

----------------------------------------

"Secure Connection Failed

home.tomtom.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

This could be a problem with the server's configuration or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

If you have connected to this server successfully in the past the error may be temporary and you can try again later. "

-----------------------------------------

At the bottom of the error notification there is the option to "View Certificate" or "Cancel".

As I stated above, this problem has never happened before. Also, as the error stated, I have repeatedly tried again later. The only way I can load the program and update my GPS maps/software is to completely shut down Kaspersky Pure 3.0.

Maybe I am crazy but I think it is ridiculous that I have to resort to shutting down Kaspersky security to install updates to a trusted, safe and necessary software program. Never mind all the browser plug-ins that don't seem to work with Firefox either.

I am running on a Vista SP2 32 bit system. All my software is legal. Kaspersky never had a problem with this program before I upgrade to Pure 3.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have gone through the Kaspersky settings as best as I can. I added exclusions for the TomTom web site under the settings for "Web Anti-Virus/Safe Surf" and "Trusted URLs". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I hate to shut down my security for something like this. I have also attached a screen capture of the error.

If I have left out any important information, please let me know and I will gather it immediately

Thank you.

post-432788-1368681898_thumb.jpg

OK, I guess the lack of a response says plenty. Nobody has a clue or cares to try looking into this problem. Thank you anyway!

127 days remaining on my license.

Hello all. I hope someone can shed some light on this issue I am having. I keep getting a yellow triangle error that I have never gotten before. The error title says "Secure Connection Failed".

The only way to keep the error from happening is to turn off Kaspersky Pure 3 completely.

The error happens when I open the "TomTom Home" software that I have installed for updating my GPS unit. Here is the complete wording of the error:

----------------------------------------

"Secure Connection Failed

home.tomtom.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

This could be a problem with the server's configuration or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

If you have connected to this server successfully in the past the error may be temporary and you can try again later. "

-----------------------------------------

At the bottom of the error notification there is the option to "View Certificate" or "Cancel".

As I stated above, this problem has never happened before. Also, as the error stated, I have repeatedly tried again later. The only way I can load the program and update my GPS maps/software is to completely shut down Kaspersky Pure 3.0.

Maybe I am crazy but I think it is ridiculous that I have to resort to shutting down Kaspersky security to install updates to a trusted, safe and necessary software program. Never mind all the browser plug-ins that don't seem to work with Firefox either.

I am running on a Vista SP2 32 bit system. All my software is legal. Kaspersky never had a problem with this program before I upgrade to Pure 3.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have gone through the Kaspersky settings as best as I can. I added exclusions for the TomTom web site under the settings for "Web Anti-Virus/Safe Surf" and "Trusted URLs". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I hate to shut down my security for something like this. I have also attached a screen capture of the error.

If I have left out any important information, please let me know and I will gather it immediately

Thank you.

Is the website in your browser's "Trusted Sites" list? Don't know if it wll do any good but, as my signature states, I'm an "Armchair Geek".

Hi Eniac. Thanks for your input. The program (TomTom Home) in question never had a problem until the recent upgrade to Pure 3. It merely accesses the TomTom web site to see if there are any updates for my GPS unit.

I have no trouble going directly to the web site itself. Using any browser.

When I plug in my GPS unit, the TomTom Home software automatically starts up. It then logs me into the TomTom Home web site and checks to see if my specific unit needs any updates. It does this without opening an actual web page. Only the TomTom Home interface is opened. I am not sure how to add this program to a specific exclusion list within Kaspersky Pure so that TomTom will operate as it is supposed to operate.

Also, I cannot tell what part of Kaspersky is alerting on the Security Certificate. The only thing I am certain about is that the problem only happens when Kaspersky is on.

Is the website in your browser's "Trusted Sites" list? Don't know if it wll do any good but, as my signature states, I'm an "Armchair Geek".

Thanks Richbuff. I am not sure if this is worth opening a Tech Support ticket yet. However, if I do decide to follow through, I have the info you gave me.

Hopefully someone else will have found a fix for this issue or a similar issue. I just have to think that there is a setting somewhere within Kaspersky that will allow me to add an exclusion for my TomTom software.

Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this User Community forum, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.