rep643

Password Manager in Pure 3 missing Import/Export Button

Okay - I called and got help from tech support. This was their response (see below). It worked for me, so I didn't have to figure out how to uninstall/reinstall!

Open Kaspersky and click on Password Manager in the lower right.

Click on Settings on the left.

Click on My passwords on the left then click on the Browse button on the right.

Navigate to your Documents folder, My Documents if using Windows XP, and click on default.pws then click Open.

KPM 5 password databases had a ".pws" extension while the extension for the password database in Pure 3.0 is ".spdb". So if you navigate to the directory where your old ".pws" database is, PM will not automatically read it. But if you click on browse under the My Passwords tab, you can force it to look for all files in that directory. Selecting your old ".pws" database will then load all your passwords and create a new ".spdb" database compatible in Pure 3.0. in other words rename it.

Okay - I called and got help from tech support. This was their response (see below). It worked for me, so I didn't have to figure out how to uninstall/reinstall!

Open Kaspersky and click on Password Manager in the lower right.

Click on Settings on the left.

Click on My passwords on the left then click on the Browse button on the right.

Navigate to your Documents folder, My Documents if using Windows XP, and click on default.pws then click Open.

KPM 5 password databases had a ".pws" extension while the extension for the password database in Pure 3.0 is ".spdb". So if you navigate to the directory where your old ".pws" database is, PM will not automatically read it. But if you click on browse under the My Passwords tab, you can force it to look for all files in that directory. Selecting your old ".pws" database will then load all your passwords and create a new ".spdb" database compatible in Pure 3.0. in other words rename it.

ridiculous

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.