tedd77

Endpoint Security 8.1.0.831

I have an issue with 2 laptops running Endpoint security 8.1.0.831.

Both laptops have windows XP SP3.

One laptop is not showing the kaspersky logo in the task bar at all however in the windows task I can see avp.exe running

the second laptop I see the kaspersky grey but cannot access to configuration.

Having these problems I cannot apply the patch pf82 as it requires at least (8.1.0.831 a) and I am not sure at all if these laptops are on the a version.

Could someone send me the (patch a) so at least I am sure I will not into problems?

Thank and and look forward to getting someone's help and support.

By the way I tried to upgrade to Endpoint 10 but the computers were isolated from the lan so I had to remove version 10 and return to 8.1

One laptop is not showing the kaspersky logo in the task bar at all however in the windows task I can see avp.exe running

Having these problems I cannot apply the patch pf82 as it requires at least (8.1.0.831 a) and I am not sure at all if these laptops are on the a version.

Could someone send me the (patch a) so at least I am sure I will not into problems?

By the way I tried to upgrade to Endpoint 10 but the computers were isolated from the lan so I had to remove version 10 and return to 8.1

Hello,

1. This problems on laptops occured right after installation?

2. Try reinstalling KES 8 on one of the laptop, will this make any diference?

3. On laptop with no K icon, is it possible to launch application GUI manually? Also, try to look for KES crash dumps on this machine

4. Post a links to GSI reports from this machines

Hello,

1. This problems on laptops occured right after installation?

2. Try reinstalling KES 8 on one of the laptop, will this make any diference?

3. On laptop with no K icon, is it possible to launch application GUI manually? Also, try to look for KES crash dumps on this machine

4. Post a links to GSI reports from this machines

1. Yes

2. No difference at all

3. Not possible to launch GUI. Crash dump ! where can I find?

4. How to do that ?

Thank you for your help.

Hello Tedd,

Do the below steps for the 1 pc and check it,

1. Download the virus removal tool from the following link;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1828590/salitykiller_1.3.6.0.exe

2. If the virus guard is partially installed remove it completely.

3. Disable system restore on your machine.

Right click on my computer -> properties -> System Restore -> Tick on Turn off System Restore.

4. Double click on the tool which you have downloaded and run it.

5. After completing the process reboot the PC and run the above tool again and make sure the virus has been removed completely.

6. Now install the Kaspersky virus guard in the usual way.

Regards,

Sahan Marga

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.