Sign in to follow this  
imjouster

PURE 2.0 just went corrupt on me?

So I'm using PURE 2.0 been using it for little over a year and a half now, never had any problems with it. Tonight I start up my computer and 2 weird things happen. First, when I tried to boot it up from hibernate my screen would not turn on, I don't know if it was trying to do anything else or not. Its a laptop that I have connected via HDMI to an external monitor. when I opened up the laptop it stayed a black screen. I let it sit for ~2 minutes and nothing popped up. I was forced to hard shut down in order to turn it off. when I turned it back on screen came on fine and everything but once windows 7 got loaded kaspersky popped up and told me that there were some problems with protection components. I also just noticed that my windows sidebar is not up... which it usually starts up right after kaspersky finishes... weird... anyway, when I click to "fix" the problems it tells me that protection components are corrupted and that kaspersky recommends I reinstall the application. When I click on details it just takes me to the support page of kaspersky's website.

Now is there anything I should do other than reinstall kaspersky? If I have to redownload it its going to really suck because I'm on a really slow connection, I'm also a little worried that I may have gotten a virus somewhere and that is what's causing kaspersky to freak out on me. it would also explain the missing sidebar. Also, any idea what could have caused kaspersky to become corrupted? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Jeremy

Let's start off with a peek at the basic details. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Also, please mention if you are using password manager in PURE 2.0.

Uninstalled Asus data security manager last night. Just booted up the comp and kaspersky is once again working fine. I'm still going to run a chk disk just because I don't think I've ever run one on this comp. But for now the problem is solved. Thank you much richbuff :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.