kolobashkin

Update KB2823324

We have installed the patch on a test Windows 2008 R2 server but are un-able to re-license Kaspersky. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent - tried pushing the Kaspersky software again -we still get no license. We are using the Administration Kit 8 and KAV client 6.0.4.1611

We have installed the patch on a test Windows 2008 R2 server but are un-able to re-license Kaspersky. We have uninstalled and reinstalled the agent - tried pushing the Kaspersky software again -we still get no license. We are using the Administration Kit 8 and KAV client 6.0.4.1611

Hello,

Please, clarify, are you talking about our patch for KAVMP4, or new MS http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011/en-us update?

I am talking about the Microsoft patch. However - I did install the Kaspersky patch and still have the license issue.

Is it possible to provide patch log, to make sure it is installed correctly?

Also, clarify, does the issue occurs without any of this MS updates installed. Or you are still not able to fix the issue after first problem update?

Installed new MS update on my test VM with KAV6MP4, everything works fine

The patch does not work the checkdisk remains and the database still corrupted. I have to reinstall the software

Dan asks a great question. I want to be clear and I am not. Will the Microsoft patch resolve the Kaspersky issue - specifically the licensing one? There is confusion between who owns the problem. We know Microsoft created it but is this Microsoft update going to FIX the Kaspersky issue?

Is the emergency KAV patch released on page 1 of this forum thread compatible with the new Microsoft MS13-036 update?

Plus - if I read this re-release document very carefully - it appears to only resolve issues in MS-13-016 but NOT in MS 13-036. Can someone correct me if I am wrong? Therefore - we still have no fix for MS13-036

Also, clarify, does the issue occurs without any of this MS updates installed. Or you are still not able to fix the issue after first problem update?

Here is the log BTW

kavpatcherlog.txt

The problem we are having is with our without the MS update - We are still unable to license KAspersky on our Windows 2008 R2 64 bit servers. We have applied the Kaspersky fix successfully.

Edited by gmcgowan

So we have to remove kaspersky antivirus and install microsoft's one to be compatible with microsoft's updates or is gonna to be fixed?

So we have to remove kaspersky antivirus and install microsoft's one to be compatible with microsoft's updates or is gonna to be fixed?

uninstall update KB2823324

The problem we are having is with our without the MS update - We are still unable to license KAspersky on our Windows 2008 R2 64 bit servers. We have applied the Kaspersky fix successfully.

Mikhail - We understand Microsoft created this problem - however - it has severly damaged our Kaspersky.

1. We have removed the offensive Microsoft update.

2. We have applied the Kaspersky patch.

3. We have verified the successful installation of the patch.

4. We are unable to get our Windows 2008 R2 servers (64bit) to license in the Administration Kit 8 - .6.0.4.1611

Is Kaspersky working with Microsoft to resolve this? What do you advise your customers? How long is there an expected solution? Why arent we receiving a call back from support for the ticket on this?

We are looking for some dialogue on how to resolve. Thank you. We cant keep trying the same thing if it is not working.

It seems issue you are facing has nothing to do with MS update.

If there is no KB2823324 on the computer it is not necessary to install any of the Kaspersky fixes mentioned above in this thread.

A new MS update was published as a replacement for KB2823324. It had been tested in Kaspersky lab before it was published and no issues in compatibility had been found.

Let's get back to your case

There is a known issue when information about activation of WKS / FS 6.0.4.1611 with key for KES10 is not sent and as a result is not shown in Administration Kit console.

For example in the report Key file usage or in the properties of workstations there will be no inforamtion about license.

Still the local activation as well as group task activation completes successfully.

The reason is a new type of key implemented in keys for KES10.

Could you please check whether you got the key for KES10

Can you activate the program locally or via group task with this key?

Please, post the ticket number.

It seems issue you are facing has nothing to do with MS update.

If there is no KB2823324 on the computer it is not necessary to install any of the Kaspersky fixes mentioned above in this thread.

A new MS update was published as a replacement for KB2823324. It had been tested in Kaspersky lab before it was published and no issues in compatibility had been found.

Let's get back to your case

There is a known issue when information about activation of WKS / FS 6.0.4.1611 with key for KES10 is not sent and as a result is not shown in Administration Kit console.

For example in the report Key file usage or in the properties of workstations there will be no inforamtion about license.

Still the local activation as well as group task activation completes successfully.

The reason is a new type of key implemented in keys for KES10.

Could you please check whether you got the key for KES10

Can you activate the program locally or via group task with this key?

Please, post the ticket number.

Well Mikahail - I think you hit the problem. Anyway - without going into details - we took the servers offline - uninstalled the software using the tool - reinstalled the agent - pulled the license successfully.

I would like to publicaly thank you for all your help. I also want to say that I think Kaspersky really stepped up with this Microsoft issue. While you did not technically "own" the problem - you guys took ownership to what you could and provided guidance and help throughout the process. Great job - not to many vendors would do that. Thanks again for the help - we got the servers back online.

I am the Desktop admin for a company. Another company manages our KAV server. We experienced this problem starting late last week. I thoroughly tested the issue with KAV 8.1.0.831 and found that when the this version was installed the volume showed dirty and required chkdsk every reboot, after removing this KAV version volume not presenting dirty and no chkdsk, reinstall of this KAV version same thing volume dirty and chkdsk every reboot. Now all the machines users were reporting as having this chkdsk issue are no longer having the issue.I am wondering if from the workstation is there a way for me to confirm this KAV patch was applied or did the patch ever get out of beta or did the MS KB you mentioned, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/securit...lletin/ms13-036, resolve the issue altogether I do not find the KB2829996 installed on machines that were having the problem?

Thank you.

I am the Desktop admin for a company. Another company manages our KAV server. We experienced this problem starting late last week. I thoroughly tested the issue with KAV 8.1.0.831 and found that when the this version was installed the volume showed dirty and required chkdsk every reboot, after removing this KAV version volume not presenting dirty and no chkdsk, reinstall of this KAV version same thing volume dirty and chkdsk every reboot. Now all the machines users were reporting as having this chkdsk issue are no longer having the issue.I am wondering if from the workstation is there a way for me to confirm this KAV patch was applied or did the patch ever get out of beta or did the MS KB you mentioned, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/securit...lletin/ms13-036, resolve the issue altogether I do not find the KB2829996 installed on machines that were having the problem?

Did you try looking at %temp% - check the kavpatcherlog.txt - a few lines up from the bottom you should see "updated successfully" When you run the patch - make sure it has the password after the command.

Thank you.

Edited by gmcgowan

Thank you.

Hello,

In addition to what gmcgowan posted,

Sure, the way to check if our patch was installed is to look for kavpatcherlog.txt on this machine.

Regarding MS updates, the new update from KB2829996 itself has a number KB2808735 and KB2840149, as mentioned in the article(for windows 7). KB2829996 is the MS KB article number, not update number. To make sure that updates are installed, look for the KB2808735 and KB2840149 on a machine.

MS strongly recommends to uninstall KB2778344

So, its really hard to say, what fixed the issue in your case. Look for kavpatcherlog.txt on machines, and if there is no one, the MS updates did the job.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.