joschi4

Move passwords to Pure 3.0?

I'm a Firefox user and did use Firefox's passwort manager. Now I trying Pure and its passwort Manager.

As I do have thounds of saved websites and passwords is there a possibility to bring them into Pure's passwor Manager?

Thanks,

joschi

Hello!

If you use Pure 2.0 then it could be done like it described in this article:

http://support2.kaspersky.com/us/7694

If You use Pure 3.0 then it is impossible.

The only way to import passwords in Pure 3.0. is first to install Pure 2.0 then perform advices from the above article and then upgrade to Pure 3.0.

Thank You!

I also have same problem. For me, that process did not work; and I did it two times with all passwords showing in Pure 2, none made it to Pure 3 when Pure 3 was installed over Pure 2. I submitted request to support, but not sure if the reply will be same reference to 9806 which I have followed 2 x's already with no passwords moved to Pure 3.

I also have same problem. For me, that process did not work; and I did it two times with all passwords showing in Pure 2, none made it to Pure 3 when Pure 3 was installed over Pure 2. I submitted request to support, but not sure if the reply will be same reference to 9806 which I have followed 2 x's already with no passwords moved to Pure 3.

Update 4/11/13

I did receive form email with standard suggestions, which I had already done. provided them with the information they requested, getsysteminfo.. both locations, email and from my.kaspersky.account

Update 4/11/13

I did receive form email with standard suggestions, which I had already done. provided them with the information they requested, getsysteminfo.. both locations, email and from my.kaspersky.account

He czroy69... that means it does not work? No other solution?

He czroy69... that means it does not work? No other solution?

Still unable to use Password Manager, My Account shows still waiting on response from technical team. Too many accounts and passwords to be manually inputted if an import option is not restored to Pure 3.0.

Basically, unable to use password manager or access my passwords that are in Pure 2.0 format.

Still unable to use Password Manager, My Account shows still waiting on response from technical team. Too many accounts and passwords to be manually inputted if an import option is not restored to Pure 3.0.

Basically, unable to use password manager or access my passwords that are in Pure 2.0 format.

If there is no solution for you, so I will have the same problem and Pure 3.0 will become useless for me.

If there is no solution for you, so I will have the same problem and Pure 3.0 will become useless for me.

I received response from Support, that solution did not work - so now waiting to see what else they suggest. Hopefully, it will be one all can use.

I received response from Support, that solution did not work - so now waiting to see what else they suggest. Hopefully, it will be one all can use.

thanks, keep us posted.

thanks, keep us posted.

Here is what was suggested. It assumes you still have default.pws and/or backup(2013-2-25 15.3.35).pws (the date being different on your pc) located in the Passwords Database folder in My Documents.

1-unlock Password Manager with your password

2-open Settings on left side of module

3-select my passwords (3rd one down)

4-use browse and select default.pws

5-click ok/save

it is supposed to import them now. If it locks up, just reboot system and the database will be there.

However, for me it has still not worked. It is a good thing that I kept copies of the default.pws, because after system restarts and I unlocked Password Manager: Surprise none made it from 2.0 to 3.0 and adding insult to injury when IO went back to try again, the default.pws was no longer in that folder. Poof disappeared with all password records.

Report back to them, and I am told that it appears all was lost in transition to 3.0 and I need to save my passwords in 3.0.

Still waiting on response back as I have copies of default.pws and they need to provide method that works. Re-entering 2,000 + entries is not an option. I am glad I had the portable Password Manager on USB drive so all is not lost.

this experience has me re-thinking my position where I always recommended their products to friends, associates, and acquaintances. hard to be positive when the Flag Ship Product does not work as promised and one is expected to remember all accounts and passwords that was handled by Password Manager in 2.0.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.