Alexander Ilin

Technical release: patch "b" for Kaspersky Security Center 10

Dear users,

You are welcome to participate in testing Patch B for Kaspersky Security Center 10.

It is recommended to install Patch B in a testing environment. Do not install the patch in a product environment.

Patch B fixes issues related to the klnagent.exe process.

What version should I install the patch on?

You should install Patch B on build 10.0.3361.

Where should I get Patch B?

Patch B can be installed from archives:

patch_b_10_0_3361_nagent.zip

patch_b_10_0_3361_server.zip

patch_b_10_0_3361_server for Administration Server .

patch_b_10_0_3361_nagent for hosts. Can be installed via Remote task.

How can I be sure that Patch B is successfully applied?

In the Network Agent installation folder both on the server and on the client hosts, the version of the klcsagt.dll, klcsstd2.dll files will change to 10.0.3375.

Feedback

Please report the results in the forum thread.

Dear users,

You are welcome to participate in testing Patch B for Kaspersky Security Center 10.

It is recommended to install Patch B in a testing environment. Do not install the patch in a product environment.

What version should I install the patch on?

You should install Patch B on build 10.0.3361.

Where should I get Patch B?

Patch B can be installed from archives:

patch_b_10_0_3361_nagent.zip

patch_b_10_0_3361_server.zip

patch_b_10_0_3361_server for Administration Server .

patch_b_10_0_3361_nagent for hosts. Can be installed via Remote task.

How can I be sure that Patch B is successfully applied?

In the Network Agent installation folder both on the server and on the client hosts, the version of the klcsagt.dll, klcsstd2.dll files will change to 10.0.3375.

Feedback

Please report the results in the forum thread.

What issues exactly does this patch resolve?

Thanks!

What issues exactly does this patch resolve?

Thanks!

Patch was installed succesfully. thanks for posting. when the final patch will be available?

Edited by climtech

Dear Team

Problem Reported to me is

From KSC Cannot Run/Manage the task for individual PC

Solution I have suggested is.

uninstalled the application & deploying of default package from KSC to client but problem were not solved.

Downloaded kes8.1.0.831_wksfswin.exe from linkhttp://support.kaspersky.com/kes8wks#downloads installed but the same but problem still remains the same

Problem Resolve

tested patch b http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=261333 in 2 different PC’s in standalone installation, its working fine, but from the Kaspersky Security Center thorugh Client Remote installation of Patch b its stuck @32%....

post-325565-1366020842_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mehboob.Qureshi

Dear Team

Problem Reported to me is

From KSC Cannot Run/Manage the task for individual PC

Solution I have suggested is.

uninstalled the application & deploying of default package from KSC to client but problem were not solved.

Downloaded kes8.1.0.831_wksfswin.exe from linkhttp://support.kaspersky.com/kes8wks#downloads installed but the same but problem still remains the same

Problem Resolve

tested patch b http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=261333 in 2 different PC’s in standalone installation, its working fine, but from the Kaspersky Security Center thorugh Client Remote installation of Patch b its stuck @32%....

Hello. Please write information step-by-step. Thank you.

Hello, I have a server (Win server 2008 r2 standard x64) and KSC10 managing a notebook (win7 pro x86) with KES10. I applied the patches seen in the details and that was the version 10.0.3375.0. Now just see what happens ... until then! :b_lol1:

Hello. Please write information step-by-step. Thank you.

Hi,

The Issue is from Kaspersky Security Center 10, we cannot start or stop the task for the individual client computers(for your reference the screen shot has attached in our previous postings).

So to solve this we tried with Kaspersky Security Center & Kaspersky Network Agent (Patch B installation).

1) first we update the Patch for Kaspersky Security Center & we manually install the Patch B in one system in the Lan, and we tested the task for the individual computer we can able to start and stop.

2) so we create the task for the remaining computers in lan(With Different Operating system). for the Kaspersky Network Agent Patch B.

but the task stucks in 32% and its says "task failed by unknow reason, due to the client machine is restart unexpectedly", but i am sure the system is not restarted, becoze the users are working.

so please somebody help on this case,

Hi,

2) so we create the task for the remaining computers in lan(With Different Operating system). for the Kaspersky Network Agent Patch B.

but the task stucks in 32% and its says "task failed by unknow reason, due to the client machine is restart unexpectedly", but i am sure the system is not restarted, becoze the users are working.

What options given task?

Start or stop on any task, which is currently running on the particular computer...

Any update Team??? i am waiting for your comments

Dear Team,

R else please suggest, the way of patch B installation through Kaspserky Security Center.. to the clients

What i did, i create the package for Patch B installation and create a task in and selected the Package in command line under the Package "/When now "(without quotes)

i tried to deploy it its stuck @ 32%,

Whether if i am wrong please correct me.

Dear Team,

R else please suggest, the way of patch B installation through Kaspserky Security Center.. to the clients

What i did, i create the package for Patch B installation and create a task in and selected the Package in command line under the Package "/When now "(without quotes)

i tried to deploy it its stuck @ 32%,

Whether if i am wrong please correct me.

Commercial release http://support.kaspersky.com/9330

The link doesn't show any result.

Is different from the testing patch?

It's default auto update at the security center update task!

Link to article 9330 brings us to the search screen with no information.

If the patch B is now released as an update. Is it automatically installed? When? How do we tell if it is installed?

When I run the installed software report will it show patch B? Right clicking on the Kaspersky Icon and clicking about, will it show patch B?

Link to article 9330 brings us to the search screen with no information.

If the patch B is now released as an update. Is it automatically installed? When? How do we tell if it is installed?

When I run the installed software report will it show patch B? Right clicking on the Kaspersky Icon and clicking about, will it show patch B?

How to check if autopatch B is installed

The file versions in the Network Agent installation directory should change as follows:

klcsagt.dll - 10.0.3375

klcsstd2.dll - 10.0.3375

To view the information on the patches installed for the Administration Server and the Network Agent, generate a Kaspersky Lab software version report with the Updates installed field included. To enable that field, open the report properties and add the Updates installed field in the Detail fields section. The patch details will be then displayed in the Updates installed field of the report.

klcsagt.dll - 10.0.3375

klcsstd2.dll - 10.0.3375

Being the same version number as the testing one, I assume the problem of huge HD reads by klnagent.exe hasn't been resolved yet, is it?

I verified patch "b" has been applied automatically to KSC10 server as well as nearly all agents, so that autoupdate worked as expected at least. Is there a full changelog other than just "Patch B fixes issues related to the klnagent.exe process."?

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.