joschi4

Pure plugins and Firefox 20 (how long?)

I would like to hear some experierience, as I am a new user of Pure 3.0 (actually I'm trying it). As a long KIS user I know about the problem with new Firefox releases and the compatibility problems with the Kaspersky plug-ins. It is not nice but I can live with it. There is a workaround: using an other browser.

Ok, but with the Passwort Manager plugin there is something else. It does not exist an workaround for me. I don't want to use an other browser as then Firefox. I have there all my favorites-links saved. So that means, that the Kaspersky Passwort-Manager plugin must work alwalys!

What is your experience? How long normally Kaspersky needs to provide a suitable and working plugin? So long as the other plungins (e.g. Content Blocker)? If your answer is "yes", then Pure's Passwort-Manager is no option for me.

Thank you.

My experience: Kaspersky is far to slow. You have to be extremely patient.

The PM in PURE is based on Sticky Password from Lamantine Software. The developer team for the original program is much more offensive. The updates are like this:

- added support for Firefox/Thunderbird 20 and Seamonkey 2.17

- added support for Firefox/Thunderbird 21 and Seamonkey 2.18

Norton (Symantec) tries to release toolbar updates the same day Mozilla releases their new version. The latest update was like this:

Firefox 20 & Google Chrome 26 Support for Norton Toolbar

I know richbuff will be angry with me. He does not appreciate questions like joschi4 asked. Never mind, this is a USER forum. The users must be allowed to share their experiences.

Shall this post be deleted? That's the simple way..............

joschi4: We do not have exact or narrow-range time frames. Sometime in the future, on or about when Kaspersky is ready.

DanA2012: You must be thinking about the other richbuff. There are two of us. The other richbuff has seen 510 204.08 Firefox add-ons "When?" posts. I have only seen a few hundred of them, so they do not constitute nauseating Repetitive Flood, yet. Soon, perhaps.

Hi

joschi4 & DanA2012

Just thought that i would mention that mozilla have the New 17.0.5 ESR Versions up on there ftp server,

they are really useful to use if you want all of your plugins to work correctly,

im still on the 17.0.4 Version at the minute, and i have not had one single problem with any of the Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Plugins,

i will get round to updating as soon as i can when i find the time today

link to the 17.0.5 ESR version is below

Mozilla Firefox Releases 17.0.5 ESR

might come in handy for you guys, i dont really know,

all i do know is that they come in handy for me with no problems...

Thank You

mark117

P.S.

Kaspersky Password Manager is working as of yet,

using Mozilla Firefox 17.0.4 ESR

Zero Problems...

Hi

joschi4 & DanA2012

Just thought that i would mention that mozilla have the New 17.0.5 ESR Versions ...

mark117

P.S.

Kaspersky Password Manager is working as of yet,

using Mozilla Firefox 17.0.4 ESR

Zero Problems...

Firefox is now on version 20 so version 17 is irrelevant.

I have found that Password Manager (within Pure 3.0) works with Firefox v.19. I have not yet tested with v.20. I have another problem with Pure 3.0 locking me out of Parental Control which I would like to resolve first before I take another risk!

Edited by NickCL

@richbuff:

I did not know about “the other richbuff”. :b_lol1:

A joke might be liberating. But when you have heard the same story 510 204.08 times, you stop smiling. I am afraid the question is going to be repeated frequently, until KL starts to listen to the voice of their users. Of course we do not blame the moderators; it must be stressful to reply to this question over and over again.

@mark117:

Yes, I know about 'Firefox EXTENDED SUPPORT RELEASE'. To those who are interested in following mark117's advice: Visit http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html, click “Learn more” and read “Who is it for?” and “Who is it not for?”.

As far as I can understand Mozilla have released 41 security fixes since version 17. How are these fixes implemented in the 17.05.esr version?

You cannot read a newspaper without learning you have to keep your software updated. Security authorities in most countries give us the same advice: “Run an updated AV/firewall, keep your OS/software updated”.

Even KL employees have recommended the ESR version, and as far as I can recall, some users have been advised by the support to downgrade their browser (to be able to run KL software). This is confusing to a common PC user.

Well I note that Firefox has released a new version and the password manager plugin stopped working (situation normal so far). So I start looking for the Pure 3.0 patch to fix the problem and can only find a Pure 2.0 update.

http://support.kaspersky.com/8447

Has anyone else found the Pure 3.0 one?

To answer joschi4's original question, the lag varies between 2-4 weeks from when my firefox updates to when I find a patch released for Pure and the password Manager. In the intervening time, it is back to the old cut and paste from the managers database.

Well Firefox has just updated to 20.0.1 and I have re-installed the password manager plugins and still no luck :-(

To answer joschi4's original question, the lag varies between 2-4 weeks from when my firefox updates to when I find a patch released for Pure and the password Manager. In the intervening time, it is back to the old cut and paste from the managers database.

Thanks for the information. 2-4 weeks is a very long time (unfortunately)...

Thanks for the information. 2-4 weeks is a very long time (unfortunately)...

Well today is the 23rd and it has been 11 days since I did my upgrade and still not patch released.

i raised this issue with Technical Support, just on the off chance that they weren't publicising the link, as the patch for Pure 2 was available on 04 April and received this response:

"26/04/2013 [17:04] Technical Support answer:

Reply to customer

Dear Customer,

The Patch for PURE 3 is due middle of May.

Thank you"

I certainly won't be renewing my subscription when it ends later this year as this is totally unacceptable! I'm now trying to find the latest pure 2 install files to downgrade to a usable version!

I am guessing they must be on a every 2-3 month update schedule considering there were 4 patches for Kaspersky Pure 2.0.

If you are having stability problems with PURE 3.0 password manager, you could consider uploading traces?

Hi :cb_punk: Guys thanks for the date release ; I am also fed up with those recurring problems of compatibility with Firefox. Brilliant collateral gift, when you contact the support, they just re send the same old link to the last fix for V19 when you said you are running V20 already.... To give a further comment, you cannot use the virtual keyboard at all on Firefox, and indeed it is not about to change!! At least from my Pure R2.

I think I am to eventually say bye bye Kasper: they just dont care if you hate IE - are they shareholders of MS?

Cheers

End of June then.

They still have a week to go until the 15th. What is 7 weeks worth of waiting when not being able to use a key feature worth?? Too much for some.

Well ... despite the great work by the mods on this forum, it seems that once again, KL upper management has erased one important word from it's dictionary, and that word is "RESPECT".

I too am getting fed-up with all this waiting and I really don't know how much of my respect towards KL will remain when my subscription expires in a couple of months.

Not good ...

They still have a week to go until the 15th. What is 7 weeks worth of waiting when not being able to use a key feature worth?? Too much for some.

Did they say the patch was for v20 only because v21 of Firefox should be out toward the end of May

I haven't upgraded due to this issue and comments about stability issues with 3.0

Today is the 15th which is the 'middle' of May, still nothing.

Of course, Kaspersky did not say whether they mean May of 2013, 2014, 2015 etc

Today is the 15th which is the 'middle' of May, still nothing.

Of course, Kaspersky did not say whether they mean May of 2013, 2014, 2015 etc

It could also be that they sub-contracted the patch out to a tropical country were the concept of dates is more flexible. I have found the middle of the month means any day that is not the first or last day on the month is the middle :-)

Did they say the patch was for v20 only because v21 of Firefox should be out toward the end of May

I haven't upgraded due to this issue and comments about stability issues with 3.0

Well I have upgraded my Firefox to Version 21.0 so the release of a patch for Kaspersky Pure is now mote.

Gee I get to start a new thread, when in Pure 3.0 going to support Firefox 21.0?

Well, seeing that KL has not released a patch for Password Manager for FF V20, anyone heard anything about the patch for the newly release Firefox V21.0?

Quote: "I heard once Firefox 22 comes out, they will have a patch for version 21."

With the above quoted post, this appears to be as fine a juncture as possible, to close this topic thread, to prevent additional flood. :)

The fix is in the works, and shall be forthcoming, sometime in the future.

If anyone would like to post informative, helpful content, please click my user name and select Send message. Then, I shall cheerfully re-open this; so helpful, informative content can be added to this topic thread.

Also, please feel free to contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk