itgregory

Cannot control tasks from KSC

Hi all,

For some reason i cannot control tasks from KSC anymore. I haven't used this function for a while and not sure when this happened (before upgrade KSC to 10 or after). All options (start, stop, pause, resume) are greyed out. KSC is showing that connection to the client is fine

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong?

KSC version - 10.0.3361

client version - KES 8.1.0.831 (abcd)

thanks Alexander,

That fixed issue for some machine. Unfortunately i still have some machines that cannot control. Any ides?

BTW another odd thing is that when I'm trying to run Custom tools - remote desktop console is trying to connect to localhost 127.0.0.1:2309

Thanks

Edited by itgregory

I've been having this same issue since KSC 10 came out. I have a case opened with tech support about it, but no solution has been found yet.

Thanks TMike,

Would you be kind and share solution when tech support give you a solution?

I have case open with tech support regarding problems with moving machines from one folder to another. so far not impressed with KSC 10 and I'm thinking to downgrade it to KSC 9 as I cannot use KES 10 because is not compatible with Checkpoint Endpoint Security :(

Cheers

O f course it si not compatible if you use antivirus...youi have most od those modules in Kaspersky too

zeljko.n I'm using Checkpoint FDE. kaspersky is complaining about VPN blade for some reason (KES 8 didn't complained about it)

Edited by itgregory

Still not fixed. I have the exact same problems. This, the horrible patch B for KES 8, and the 10s slowdown when shutting PC's down is really not what you would expect from a corporate AV product.

Come on guys.

Edited by ValconIT

Still not fixed. I have the exact same problems. This, the horrible patch B for KES 8, and the 10s slowdown when shutting PC's down is really not what you would expect from a corporate AV product.

Come on guys.

This problem still persists, anyone found a solution (that does not involve stopping the firewall tasks via group allocation/policy changes?)

I still have an issue and it looks like its affecting KSC 9 too!!!

Try disabling Windows Firewall via Group Policy, that seems to work. (KES10 Firewall and Windows Firewall doesn't get along).

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for late response. Yes the plugin and agent has been re-installed.

The problem is solved. Thanks everyone for your input.

The problem was interVLAN connection and firewall was blocking port UDP 15000 between VLANs and that was preventing client management from KSC.

Thanks

Greg

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.