Mart24

Error 1316: Problems uninstalling and updating new version of Kaspersky Pure

Hi!

I was having problems with Pure 2.0 (couldn't turn on the program) and decided to try to install the latest version. I created a case file and was given some suggestions (don't think they looked at the MySystemInfo that I sent because it was just a general solution to several problems that weren't my problem. One of the suggestions, though, was to uninstall Pure 2.0 before trying to install the updated version. When I tried to uninstall it, I got this error...

Error 1316: network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\windows\Installer\Kaspersky PURE.msi

So I cannot uninstall the program from my computer.

I then tried to download Pure 3.0 anyway, extracted the files, tried to install it and that failed. I then got the same error message.

I created a new MySystemInfo file. See: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...abfe2de60005119

I have Windows 7, 64 bit operating system. Please help.

Thank you!

Welcome. 1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.

When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

Then try install again. If still no go, please re-contact Tech Support.

Hi!

Looks like I've uninstalled it. Thank you! But still having problems installing the latest version (3.0) ...getting same error message and won't install it.

Thank you for your help.

2. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.

When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

I thought I uninstalled it, but when I went back into Safe Mode just to see, the file: KASPERSKY PURE 2.0/CRYSTAL is still there. Says it's removing it, and when I searched for it on my computer in reg. mode, it's not there. I go back into Safe mode and it's still there.

For what it's worth--

My upgrade from Kaspersky Pure 2.0 to Pure 3.0 has been an unmitigated disaster. I have been a Kaspersky loyalist for over a decade, and they have destroyed that loyalty in an instant.

I am posting to this forum as I initially encountered the 1316 error on the uninstall. Used kavremover to finish the clean up. Pure 3.0 installed, but this was not the problem. Somewhere in the removal process, Javascript got corrupted. I am still a Windows Vista user with Internet Explorer 9. The consequences of this unintended side effect cause Javascript based applications in IE9 to stop working, as well as the Windows Sidebar available in Vista. There were other application specific failures that were Javascript based.

Kaspersky tech support (first a submission, then phone based) provided no joy. Their guidance was first non-existant, then just plain wrong. So, through hours of trial and error, I finally found a solution. I am posting here for anyone else who may encounter this in their own upgrade.

I will discuss everything that DIDN'T work next, but here, as best as I can tell, is the short answer for what fixed the problem. I uninstalled IE9 through the Control Panel "Programs and Features". This caused a "fall back" to IE8. Within the hour, Windows Update was ready to apply the IE9 upgrade. Reinstallation of IE9 now works fine (after the paranoia of me taking a manual restore point AND a backup).

What DIDN'T work: System restore point, windows repair, system disk windows repair, uninstall and reinstall of Java (Recommended by KS Customer Service, and I did it, but as useless a suggestion as they would not believe that Javascript is NOT distrbuted by Oracle. Note to KS Support: Stop arguing with us about this! Javascript is NOT related to Oracle's Java install - Javascript continued to work on Google Chrome after the Java uninstall), registry clean, registry repair, turning "on" scripting in IE9 "Internet options" settings (was already on, but Pure 2.0 uninstaller corrupted the IE9 install).

Summary--I hope this helps someone else, as this has been a 12 hour effort to put my computer back to its prior operational state. The value of my time lost makes the true cost of this purchase in the hundreds of dollars. While they are a great AV, nobody's software is worth that price. I will be building a new computer before this license runs out, and here's what I know - KAV will not be on it. Can't afford to run the risk of a system software corruption again.

And, final thought--for the record, I know this was the precipitating cause, as I requested from tech support the upgrade guide before I started. Had to log in to web-based e-mail to read it. After the uninstall and reboot, immediately went to log in to web-based e-mail again to see if the e-mail addressed the possible 1316 error (it didn't), and this is when the Javascript error manifest. So, given that the time horizon was separated by only this one task, it's a safe bet this was the cause.

I have the EXACT same issue - tried to upgrade to 3.0, and in doing so it broke 2.0, and won't uninstall it, nor will it install 3.0. If I run KAVremoval, it works, but in doing so it breaks javascript in IE 10, windows gadgets and some backup software I use (AllWay Sync). I am now stuck, 100%, as I have been completely unable to remove Pure 2.0. I can and have restored my Windows via "restore", but Pure is not fixed with it, and I can neither upgrade, run nor uninstall the version I have. Zero response from support so far - I have tried two times, all I get is the canned reply that does not help.

I have no idea how to fix this.

For what it's worth--

My upgrade from Kaspersky Pure 2.0 to Pure 3.0 has been an unmitigated disaster. I have been a Kaspersky loyalist for over a decade, and they have destroyed that loyalty in an instant.

I am posting to this forum as I initially encountered the 1316 error on the uninstall. Used kavremover to finish the clean up. Pure 3.0 installed, but this was not the problem. Somewhere in the removal process, Javascript got corrupted. I am still a Windows Vista user with Internet Explorer 9. The consequences of this unintended side effect cause Javascript based applications in IE9 to stop working, as well as the Windows Sidebar available in Vista. There were other application specific failures that were Javascript based.

Kaspersky tech support (first a submission, then phone based) provided no joy. Their guidance was first non-existant, then just plain wrong. So, through hours of trial and error, I finally found a solution. I am posting here for anyone else who may encounter this in their own upgrade.

I will discuss everything that DIDN'T work next, but here, as best as I can tell, is the short answer for what fixed the problem. I uninstalled IE9 through the Control Panel "Programs and Features". This caused a "fall back" to IE8. Within the hour, Windows Update was ready to apply the IE9 upgrade. Reinstallation of IE9 now works fine (after the paranoia of me taking a manual restore point AND a backup).

What DIDN'T work: System restore point, windows repair, system disk windows repair, uninstall and reinstall of Java (Recommended by KS Customer Service, and I did it, but as useless a suggestion as they would not believe that Javascript is NOT distrbuted by Oracle. Note to KS Support: Stop arguing with us about this! Javascript is NOT related to Oracle's Java install - Javascript continued to work on Google Chrome after the Java uninstall), registry clean, registry repair, turning "on" scripting in IE9 "Internet options" settings (was already on, but Pure 2.0 uninstaller corrupted the IE9 install).

Summary--I hope this helps someone else, as this has been a 12 hour effort to put my computer back to its prior operational state. The value of my time lost makes the true cost of this purchase in the hundreds of dollars. While they are a great AV, nobody's software is worth that price. I will be building a new computer before this license runs out, and here's what I know - KAV will not be on it. Can't afford to run the risk of a system software corruption again.

And, final thought--for the record, I know this was the precipitating cause, as I requested from tech support the upgrade guide before I started. Had to log in to web-based e-mail to read it. After the uninstall and reboot, immediately went to log in to web-based e-mail again to see if the e-mail addressed the possible 1316 error (it didn't), and this is when the Javascript error manifest. So, given that the time horizon was separated by only this one task, it's a safe bet this was the cause.

Thank you for taking the time to reply in such detail. I finally took it in to the store where I bought my laptop and they uninstalled everything, wiping it all clean, and reinstalled Windows, etc. Talk about frustrating. They, howerver, highly recommend Kaspersky Pure and reinstalled Pure 2.0...Fortunately, I don't have a lot on that laptop...Thanks again!

For what it's worth--

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.