lkk324

Post infection full scan required continually....

11 posts in this topic

HI all. I had a virus and it said I needed to do a post virus remover full scan and a post virus removal system restore. I have done this several times which takes HOURS and it continues to display this message and that my computer is at risk. What is going on? I have no idea how to remedy this. I cannot keep full scanning it as it does nothing.

ANy suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!!

Lisa

Hi lkk324

please read the first important topic in this forum

1st Important Topic

Where after you have read and done as stated, a mod or analyst will come along and help you as best they can

Thanks

mark117

Edited by mark117

Before I instruct you to clean install current PURE version, I need to see the full, complete detection details.

Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.

With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Before I instruct you to clean install current PURE version, I need to see the full, complete detection details.

Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.

With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Ok Im confused. I thought I was suppose to run the get system info and post that link? Is that not correct? I didn't rerun the Pure full scan again as it takes hours and it just keeps telling me I need to run a full scan again so I don't have a screen shot. DO you need me to run another full scan tonight to get that screen shot? Sorry if I am not understanding something stupid.

That is the starting point for a several click process. Next, click Threats Detected. Next, click Detected Threats tab. Next, click Active Threats. Next, post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats.

post-458505-1363397300_thumb.jpg

Ok....well now what LOL There is nothing there but everytime I open the computer the pop up comes up that I need a post infection full scan and system restore and my status on the kaspersky says up to date but my Computer is at risk.

Frustration has now officially set in. My computer seems to be working fine tho.....idk

Thank you for your time.

Lisa

Ok....Perfect. Did that (thank god I found my activation code...I panicked there) and it all seems fine now.

Why didn't my version update to that on its own? Shouldn't it have?? My husband has the same version I did on his laptop. Should he upgrade too?

Thank you for your help!!

You're welcome. 1. Because upgrade to higher version/build number is only available via install. 2. No, :) because of 1.

3. Yes. Just the way you did.