Sign in to follow this  
dgooge

Can't remotely update Java through Software Update Module in KSC 10

So I'm trying out the third party updates/vulnerability patching in KSC 10. Several of the programs I've tried to update work fine, but not Java. When I use the Java package that Kaspersky provides it returns an unspecific error on all machines. Has anyone got this to work? I've also tried creating my own package in KSC 10 to update Java and every method I've tried either causes a hanging install thread that never finishes, an install error, or even returns a successfully completed message even though Java never installs. I've even tried to put a logging switch in the command line but it just creates a blank text file with no indication of whats going on. I really want to use the built-in Kaspersky patching so I don't have to create my own packages. After all, that is why we renewed Kaspersky. Has anyone been able to use Kaspersky's built in patcher for Java?

So I'm trying out the third party updates/vulnerability patching in KSC 10. Several of the programs I've tried to update work fine, but not Java. When I use the Java package that Kaspersky provides it returns an unspecific error on all machines. Has anyone got this to work? I've also tried creating my own package in KSC 10 to update Java and every method I've tried either causes a hanging install thread that never finishes, an install error, or even returns a successfully completed message even though Java never installs. I've even tried to put a logging switch in the command line but it just creates a blank text file with no indication of whats going on. I really want to use the built-in Kaspersky patching so I don't have to create my own packages. After all, that is why we renewed Kaspersky. Has anyone been able to use Kaspersky's built in patcher for Java?

we tried this with the same result. ended up just continuing to push software via GP. probably looking at something like MS SCCM soon. kaspersky's software deployment seems to be similar to the rest of their products at this time... i.e. incomplete, unstable, probably more trouble than it's worth, etc.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.