JimmyN

Scans Freezing Since KIS 2013 F' Upgrade

I was able to kill the thread responsible for this (some thread with a start adress as ntdll!rtlUserThreadStart) when self defense is disabled, but it's not really a fix either.

Edit : while it kept CPU usage lower, it didn't still allow me to terminate KIS or such.

Edited by Icepanther

KIS --> Settings --> Protection Center --> System Watcher

Resolved the problem once again, but for how long? :unsure:

Have always had very good support from the folks at Kaspersky via this forum. However, the relative silence on this current situation is almost thunderous.

I feel some sort of comment, encouragement for us would be appropriate:

"We are working on this, will keep you posted, please be patient."

We are all in this together...I think! :bb:

Again, still a KIS advocate...so far. :(

K2009

Hi all,

Please, run databases update and reboot PC. Will the problem be reproduced after that? If it will send us dumps of avp.exe processes collected while scan task hangs.

windows xp, internet 2013 version, 3 place order,

the update to data base doesnt work

only till 15% and than froozen

what can i do?

thanks

If Malwarebytes and Spywareblaster are installed, please uninstall them > reboot.

From your Event Viewer: "A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the AVP service."

Please disconnect from the internet, then disable Kaspersky self defense (located in Settings > fourth cardboard box icon), then exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot, then re-enable Kaspersky self defense > apply > ok, then re-connect to the internet.

If this issue persists, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

My scans are now running properly with no lockups. I indicated earlier that I thought that the routine KIS2013 updates had cleared the problem, however the next day auto Rootkit Scans locked-up again.

After applying richbuff's procedure of disabling/re-enabling self defense etc my PC has been stable for the last 3 days (4x Rootkit Scans ok) so that looks good, thanks richbuff.

Hi all,

Please, run databases update and reboot PC. Will the problem be reproduced after that? If it will send us dumps of avp.exe processes collected while scan task hangs.

My KIS 2013 has always reported my database as updated automatically during this week of questionable functioning. Currently "48 minutes ago".

Can MedvedevUnited, or someone at K, please comment on whether the KIS firewall is likely to be functioning properly through all this?

This situation has been intermittent on my Dell for a week now and I really don't have any confidence in being online securely.

I know this is frustrating for all sides, but something must be resolved.

Please be more forthcoming about the overall security implications of this. I would really dislike doing so, but, failing any reassurance and progress here, people may (very) soon have to consider turning to other security packages.

K2009 :pray:

1. Yes. It is.

2. There are none.

The concerns that you mention in your post are not related to the topic of this topic thread.

If you or anyone else is seeing issues, please follow the instructions that the forum leaders have posted.

Confirming the same issue on 2 Windows XP boxes, with KAV 2013/patch F installed, latest updates installed. Disabling the System Watcher has made the systems smooth again. Problem was first introduced, according to my users during the last 2 weeks. I suspect that this has something to do with patch F.

I have the same problem and i have been trying some of the suggestions but not working. I have to reboot when it freezes.

This is my GSI

Welcome. Please see the two quotes below:

Hi all,

For KAV/KIS 2013 you can try this version of the utility.

If anyone has this issue, please see the two quotes above.

:bs: I had the same problem as you and many others with Critical Scan freezes since the "F" patch. The problem was resolved by going to support.geeksquad.com/support

Ask for Agent Josh U. He fixed mine by remote control. It did take some time, though. You can go thru the Best Buy Support at 1-888-237-8289 if you bought your computer at Best Buy. They will connect you to the geek squad.

Just to say that I had the exact same problem on Windows 7 64-bit, but the issue was fixed by the advice richbuff supplied here: Post #18

In particular:

Please disconnect from the internet, then disable Kaspersky self defense (located in Settings > fourth cardboard box icon), then exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot, then re-enable Kaspersky self defense > apply > ok, then re-connect to the internet.

Edited by PATHIAN

Just to say that I had the exact same problem on Windows 7 64-bit, but the issue was fixed by the advice richbuff supplied here: Post #18

In particular:

Didn't work this time...

Have had this going on every two or three days for two weeks.

K2009

I have tried all the tricks. But I should not have to, Kaspersky should fix the problem.

Still having problem on 1 machine, and now it is not only freezing on Root kit scan but also on critical areas scan.

I have been using KIS for over 5 years, but this week I wasted countless hours on this problem. I think it is time to switch to MSE.

Didn't work this time...

K2009

Now after doing the disconnect, disable, reboot...sequence this morning I am getting "Previous Application Launch Failed". Screen capture attached.

Clicking "Send Report" results in activity then finally reverting to the "Previous Application Launch Failed" again, another loop...

Getting very close to reactivating the MacAfee package that came with this Dell in December...cannot function confidently in the current environment.

K2009

post-177025-1363008911_thumb.jpg

Didn't work this time...

Similar issue here, worked fine until the next reboot. Noticed that the rootkit scan was stuck on 99% with a file called "C:\Windows\System32\consent.exe" indefinitely.

I've uninstalled (not with kavremover) > rebooted > re-installed KIS2013 and updated the databases (now on patch "f" again). PC has been rebooted a few times since then. Will monitor to see if the issues re-occur.

Add me to the list of people with this issue. Running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with 8GB RAM and KIS 2013 v13.0.1.4190 (f).

Rootkit Scan consistently hangs (for days if I let it) at 99% and always at the same file: C:\Program Files\Diskeeper Corporation\Diskeeper Pro Premier\1033\DkRes.dll

I've tried the suggested workarounds of disabling Internet, turning off Self Defense, exiting KIS & rebooting, then re-enabling everything after Windows starts back up, and though that'll indeed clear the current hanging, it'll happen again next time the Rootkit Scan tries to run. For now, I've disabled Rootkit Scan until a fix is released.

I'm not sure if this is affecting Vulnerability Scan for me too. It too appeared to hang when I tried to run it manually but I didn't let it sit for more than a half hour, which certainly should've been sufficient I would think. I'll disable that if I have to as well, though I hate to think I'm having to disable all these parts of KIS making my system less and less secure each time.

I've downloaded the dump creation utility anyway and will try to get a dump file as soon as I can, though probably won't get to it until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I had to disable "Perform Idle Scan" and "Regular Rootkit Scan" to resolve this issue. Basically, scanning functionality is apparently broken.

Similar issue here, worked fine until the next reboot. Noticed that the rootkit scan was stuck on 99% with a file called "C:\Windows\System32\consent.exe" indefinitely.

I've uninstalled (not with kavremover) > rebooted > re-installed KIS2013 and updated the databases (now on patch "f" again). PC has been rebooted a few times since then. Will monitor to see if the issues re-occur.

Just to say that KIS has successfully completed it's automatic rootkit scan and idle scans a couple of times since I did the above with no issues. :)

I was having the same issues but following Richbuff's advice in POST #18, (QUOTE(AdeE) the problem is now resolved for me. :supercool:

Product: internet security 2013 v13.0.1.4190(f), fully updated

the problem is that, sometimes kis sticks in regular rootkit scan, it has more than 30% cpu activity (core i5) and also hard disk activity but the scan sticks in scanning a specific dll; (always the same dll)

my kis interface:

http://upload.tehran98.com/img1/g19m293n6kl0r1hlbrl2.jpg

scan dialog interface:

http://upload.tehran98.com/img1/esykgswkg1ixx36b5we.jpg

Having same problem on my system running windows xP and IE 8

No response from Tech Support to my request 4 days ago.

Aborted a full manual scan after 8 hours and still showing only 1% complete.

Ctrl + alt + delete on mine shows windows task manager. On the Processes page if you click on the heading CPU you can see what is hogging the capacity.

Fully support the sentiment that K should accept there is a problem and indicate at least that they are working on it.