richbuff

Patch F released, for version 2013 13.0.1.4190

Patch F released, for version 2013 13.0.1.4190, via automatic databases updater.

The release of the patch may be staged over the course of a few days or so. Please reboot to see the entry for patch F, viewable by right click the red K tray icon > About.

You can view the update report to see if your recent update shows patch F-related entries: Reports > Detailed report > Update. If the entries are there, reboot to make the patch F show in About.

Prompt to reboot will appear after a few days, if the PC has not been rebooted for a few days after the patch has been installed via auto updater.

If you un and re install 2013, it may be a few days before patch F is available via auto updater, even if you do so some time from now.

Fixed items are in the quote below:

...Must be fixed next:

- Scheduler scan settings reset

- Mouse and keyboard stop working after install/uninstall product

- Supporting Connected Standby technology

- Script Checker removed

Also fixed some dumps and performance.

Items that are not in the quote will be fixed in the near future.

richbuff , why i reinstall kaspersky and update, there's no version appear? like (a,b,c,d,e,f) like that , only 13.0.1.4190 like that ...

As mentioned in the linked thread the release of patch F is staged. It will take some time until all users have got it. Please check again in the next couple of days.

In addition to what harlan4096 and JanRei indicate in the posts above,

You can view the update report to see if your recent update shows patch F-related entries: Reports > Detailed report > Update.

Have you tried to click the little box that has the tiny + sign in it, located to the left of the recent entries in your update report?

I don't think so, because your screenshots show the entries as unexpanded.

Please expand the recent entries. When you see the patch f-related entries, reboot.

If, in a week from now, you have no patch f, please post back. If you see the patch f-related entries in your update report, and patch f does not show, post back. And post the screenshot with the entries expanded, so we can see what we are looking for.

Quote: "richbuff , why i reinstall kaspersky and update, there's no version appear? like (a,b,c,d,e,f) like that , only 13.0.1.4190 like that ... "

"If you un and re install 2013, it may be a few days before patch F is available via auto updater, even if you do so some time from now."

The delay applies to the other patches, too. If you install at any given time, there is a delay for the patches that are not bundled in the installer. The delay is consecutive, not concurrent, for all of the remaining patches.

Edit: This topic thread has been moderated: Merged cross-posted issue, and removed multiple large screenshots of unexpanded report entries.

Edited by richbuff

sorry not to understand , so what should i do now? i already see at little box + , and there's all file that downloaded from update, already updated, but no patch version appear yet, i already do 2 or 3 times reboot ... it's same ... :dash1: , and i didn't know which patch , patch f-related entries , cause of this my add-ons at firefox not working, even i still using firefox 18.0.2 , my add-ons all disable except the Anti-Banner, last time still work .. sigh

Edited by sle3pingz

even i update my KIS, i still feel not safe , cause i feel like i using KIs without updates, no Patch Version, even Mozilla 18.0.2 not detect the KIS 2013 add-ons , last time before uninstall it's still detected, i feel like there's no patches at all ... :dash1: :dash1: :dash1:

which patch i had nothing and i have all program updated still no patch F :unsure:

dany have the similiar problem ? after update did you see patch version ? like (a,b,c,d,e,f) like that at 13.0.1.4190 (here)

which patch i had nothing and i have all program updated still no patch F :unsure:

Suggest you read Post #4 above in this thread. :rolleyes:

Edited by cajef

As already said the release of patch F is staged. This includes the previous patches as well. So if you have installed KAV/KIS 13.0.1.4190 recently you might only get the patches already bundled in the installer at the moment. In the next couple of days the patch should get released to all users.

a. Because it is a government conspiracy targetting your machine. They are on to you so have blocked the installation of patches to prevent their tracking mechanisms watching your activities.

or

b. Because as previously mentioned you need to wait a little while longer and stop threating. The release of the patch may be staged over the course of a few days or so:

or

c. if the issue persists past Sunday then it needs looking into. The update reports should indicate some kind of failure if there is a problem on your machine.

no i have still 4190 e

so why you write that it is released ???

The patch has been released, but not yet for all users. It is a bit difficult to say in advance until all users will have got it. It might take longer than until tomorrow.

Edited by JanRei

The patch has been released, but not yet for all users. It is a bit difficult to say in advance until all users will have got it. It might take longer than until tomorrow.

ok, Thanks for you explain JanRei, but can you tell us if the patches alreadyreleased for all user ? at this threads, Thanks ... :b_lol1:

I still have patch E and I live in the UK. What I don't seem to understand is why it takes so long to get it? Kaspersky should make it available immediately to everybody worldwide that's what every other security vendor does. Seriously...

Ok, a few users are overreacting as usual unfortunately.

Time to get things in perspective:

1. First thing to get under control is: Would this update be extremely important to ME according to any changelog. Most of the time it's just improvements. For example i have not seen the update yet either and could not care less...everything is running great anyway.

2. If it is not (99% of the time) then simply relax, you're still covered in the same way as yesterday.

3. Updates like hotfixes are always delivered to you in a managed way over a few days to make sure nothing major will affect everyone. Again i have not received it either.......if deja vu is still in place i will get it within 24 hours.

Now it's actually Saturday and there HAS to be other more important things in our lives than a minor update to an anti-virus product which is already working. :)

Ok, a few users are overreacting as usual unfortunately.

Time to get things in perspective:

1. First thing to get under control is: Would this update be extremely important to ME according to any changelog. Most of the time it's just improvements. For example i have not seen the update yet either and could not care less...everything is running great anyway.

2. If it is not (99% of the time) then simply relax, you're still covered in the same way as yesterday.

3. Updates like hotfixes are always delivered to you in a managed way over a few days to make sure nothing major will affect everyone. Again i have not received it either.......if deja vu is still in place i will get it within 24 hours.

Now it's actually Saturday and there HAS to be other more important things in our lives than a minor update to an anti-virus product which is already working. :)

still nothing :(

I think you should read the post by Don. Even if you still haven't got the patch there is nothing you need to worry about. You will probably get it in the next couple of days.

Edited by JanRei

In addition to what JanRei and Don have indicated in their posts above,

The patch was released about three days ago. If you do not receive the patch five (5) days from now, by February 28, then please re-review this topic thread and if still no go, please contact Tech Support.

I just gave a short answer, that's right. A longer explanation:

The release of new patches is usually staged. One reason for this approach is that Kaspersky can react faster to possible problems with the update. This means, for a short period of time after the release of a new patch only certain users get the patch. The number of users getting the patch is increased every few days until the distribution is no longer restricted eventually. Then the patch is available to everyone.

The previous patches (A-E in this case) have not been pulled, they just get delivered to the same users who get patch F. For regular users this might not make a real difference because KAV/KIS only shows the latest patch installed. I know that this can be confusing for users if they have just installed KAV/KIS and do not see any patches. But there can be conflicts between patches which can be avoided this way.

There is no need to worry about this. All users should get patch F (including the previous patches) in the next couple of days automatically.

Edited by Don Pelotas
Moved this post to here from another thread as it explains everything quite nicely

@ Don

I hope JanRei's reply was copied from the other thread as it is excellent and needed there too (and not moved) :D .

Edited by DrTeeth

There is only one thread about patch F ..... this one and the post was moved in it's full splendor from the other now defunct thread. These kinds of threads always attract some impatient users who do not read what is posted if the threads become even slightly "long", so heavy moderation is always used so that important posts are kept and all the one liner questions from those who could not be bothered to actually read what is already posted is removed. For example some posts with inappropriate language,

As an example your post (as well as my answer) i'm answering will have a very short life in this thread because it could very easily have been answered via PM, so it and others like it will quickly "fill" the thread, i mean fill for those already mentioned previously who only glance of threads instead of reading before posting a new question.

All this learned the hard way sometimes referred to as experience. :)

In addition to what Don has posted in the post that is directly above this post....

Patch F released, for version 2013 13.0.1.4190, via automatic databases updater.

The release of the patch may be staged over the course of a few days or so. Please reboot to see the entry for patch F, viewable by right click the red K tray icon > About.

You can view the update report to see if your recent update shows patch F-related entries: Reports > Detailed report > Update. If the entries are there, reboot to make the patch F show in About.

Prompt to reboot will appear after a few days, if the PC has not been rebooted for a few days after the patch has been installed via auto updater.

If you un and re install 2013, it may be a few days before patch F is available via auto updater, even if you do so some time from now.

...Must be fixed next:

- Scheduler scan settings reset

- Mouse and keyboard stop working after install/uninstall product

- Supporting Connected Standby technology

- Script Checker removed

Also fixed some dumps and performance.

Therefore, multiple new topics for "Is this, that, and the other fixed yet?" are toast.

Please do not flood the board with "Are we there yet?" topics.