Syn

Private Fix 82

The patch PF82 that contains patches b, с and PF80 is attached.

How to install

The patch can be installed locally or deployed via Security Center.

Download the patch pf82 here:

http://downloads-am.kasperskyamericas.com/.../patch_pf82.rar

http://downloads-am.kasperskyamericas.com/.../patch_pf82.zip

To install locally run patch_pf82.exe /when now in cmd.

To deploy patch with the help of KSC look at http://support.kaspersky.com/8755.

Successfully installs on the following systems:

Windows 7x86:

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b.c’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b.c.pf80’

Windows 7 x64

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b.c’

Windows XPx64:

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b.c’

Windows Vistax64:

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b.c’

Windows XPx32:

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b.c’

KES 8.1.0.831 + ‘a.b’

please describe what shall this patch do what changes in it ,i can see version number for avp changed

Edited by WinBug

please describe what shall this patch do what changes in it ,i can see version number for avp changed

As stated above it contains modules delivered with previous patches.

New files and versions are:

AVPCon.dll (8.1.0.903)

kltbar.dll (8.1.0.903)

shellex.dll (8.1.0.903)

avp.exe (8.1.0.903)

avp.prg (8.1.0.903)

skin_layout_settings.ini (8.1.0.903)

avpgui.ppl (8.1.0.903)

bl.ppl (8.1.0.903)

lic.ppl (8.1.0.903)

params.ppl (8.1.0.903)

procmon.ppl (8.1.0.903)

List of changes is same to Patch B:

http://support.kaspersky.com/9684

As stated above it contains modules delivered with previous patches.

New files and versions are:

AVPCon.dll (8.1.0.903)

kltbar.dll (8.1.0.903)

shellex.dll (8.1.0.903)

avp.exe (8.1.0.903)

avp.prg (8.1.0.903)

skin_layout_settings.ini (8.1.0.903)

avpgui.ppl (8.1.0.903)

bl.ppl (8.1.0.903)

lic.ppl (8.1.0.903)

params.ppl (8.1.0.903)

procmon.ppl (8.1.0.903)

List of changes is same to Patch B:

http://support.kaspersky.com/9684

What I think most of us would like to know is what was the source of the problem in the first place and how does this new patch fix it. Same goes for CF2 , what was the problem and what does the fix do to avoid it.

I am getting a lot of heat for recommending your product right now and I would like to be able to tell my users and bosses more than "it was a bad update". We were only a few weeks into our licence when this happened. Knowing what went wrong would go a long way in rebuilding our faith in your product.

Edited by 0intel

Hello,

I just installed it, took 8 minutes to run, no message at all but an entry in the windows events stating that the patch was installed successfully..

While it installes my system was 80% full, lots of processes showed up and at the end a greyed out K was in the taskbar, with yellow exclamation mark on it, stating that the process was loaded out of memory.

After a restert of the computer it ran normal, but without Endpoint 8, no avp.exe, not K in the taskbar.

I started it manually, and it runs now. But, it shows version 8.1.0.831 (a.a_de.b.pf80.pf82). No patch c there. Patch c is not installed after a manual update too, 2 othe rcomputers here do receive patch c, mine not.

Guys, you should change these patches so, that they output some info so one can see if its ready or not.

After seeing the activity of the patch and the harddisk load, I wonder what the hell you did with patch b. Seems to be a hard thing to fix.

Guys, you should change these patches so, that they output some info so one can see if its ready or not.

Here here!

A little tray icon would be nice, some kinda progress indicator with a completion notice. Having to monitor the process is a pain when the system is running so slow.

Edited by 0intel

For me remote eventviewer or KSC is fine.

Keep the cosmetic for later and fix the problem.

Please

For me remote eventviewer or KSC is fine.

Keep the cosmetic for later and fix the problem.

Please

It is more than a cosmetic issue and adding a popup is dead simple.

My systems are in a state where they are unusable using a normal boot so I have to touch each system in person. Having a visual confirmation that the patch is installed would greatly speed up the process of getting this patch deployed when dealing with the number of systems I have that are currently unusable.

Is it necessary to make an OS reboot after installing this patch ?

After installing on the 1st computer for testing (install process ended in 59 second succesfull) there's no changes in the installed updates in KSC report.

Hello,

I just installed it, took 8 minutes to run, no message at all but an entry in the windows events stating that the patch was installed successfully..

While it installes my system was 80% full, lots of processes showed up and at the end a greyed out K was in the taskbar, with yellow exclamation mark on it, stating that the process was loaded out of memory.

After a restert of the computer it ran normal, but without Endpoint 8, no avp.exe, not K in the taskbar.

I started it manually, and it runs now. But, it shows version 8.1.0.831 (a.a_de.b.pf80.pf82). No patch c there. Patch c is not installed after a manual update too, 2 othe rcomputers here do receive patch c, mine not.

After seeing the activity of the patch and the harddisk load, I wonder what the hell you did with patch b. Seems to be a hard thing to fix.

does the patch pf82 solve your problem please tell me what is going on with you till now pf80 solve my problem ,and i stopped update models in update task

It is more than a cosmetic issue and adding a popup is dead simple.

My systems are in a state where they are unusable using a normal boot so I have to touch each system in person. Having a visual confirmation that the patch is installed would greatly speed up the process of getting this patch deployed when dealing with the number of systems I have that are currently unusable.

I understand, but you're able to see entry in the event viewer of a remote pc. Those entries are in kaspersky event log, and Kes as source (you see when it start, finish successfully or in error). And it is not so slow as trying too use user session.

If you deploy it with KSC, you see helpful information too.

For myself, I create a group with "start at launch disable" for kaspersky endpoint and a task to deploy the patch. When a PC is "infected", I put it in the group, ask the user to reboot (hard reset) and watch result in ksc and event log of the remote pc. It's painful (for user and support team) but we are limiting the damages this way.

Sorry for my bad english. Not my native languague.

Edited by fr.lantz

Is it necessary to make an OS reboot after installing this patch ?

After installing on the 1st computer for testing (install process ended in 59 second succesfull) there's no changes in the installed updates in KSC report.

I haven't needed to reboot in my testing as long as I use the "/when now" switch to install pf_80 or pf_82 AND the K is showing up down by the clock.

I have found that I need to do a "Force Synchronization" for the updated computers or wait ~20 minutes (I have the network agents set to report in every 15 mins) for the patch to show up in the versions report.

Aaron Z

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.