I suppose this has been asked many times before, but as I'm using an older desktop P C running XP and I'm on KIS 2011, I've just noticed that there will be no more updates after August 2013 so I will have to upgrade. The question I have is that in the past I've always upgraded when the new version comes out but then along comes all the problems which me and many others appear to have until all the glitches are sorted out months later, so is it wise to use the advice on here from some users about staying 1 year behind until all the glitches are ironed out or going straight to 2013? What's the general consensus on here regarding their own updates ie. wait or update straight away?

I must add that I've been impressed with KIS 2011 and had no problems whatsoever on 2 PC's.

I'm on XP sp-3 myself. I was hesitant to move from 2010 to 2012 a while back. I waited a while after it came out, thinking 2012 would make my system crawl due to the age/memory of the PC. When I made the move to 2012 I was pleasantly surprised, not only at no problems but the ease of it as well as noticeably pleased with the user-friendly online user manual on Kaspersky website now.

Also, in addition to what Arrow5 indicates in the post above,

Quote: "I suppose this has been asked many times before..."

Yes. And by someone you may know: post-47457-1361318156_thumb.png

The first thought that come to mind: Go For It!

Clean install version 2013 and see for yourself.

Please clean install version 2013. Clean install instructions, links and tips are located in the first and third Important topics. After you clean install version 2013, do a databases update > reboot.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Edited by richbuff

Also, in addition to what Arrow5 indicates in the post above,

Quote: "I suppose this has been asked many times before..."

Yes. And by someone you may know: post-47457-1361318156_thumb.png

The first thought that come to mind: Go For It!

Clean install version 2013 and see for yourself.

Please clean install version 2013. Clean install instructions, links and tips are located in the first and third Important topics. After you clean install version 2013, do a databases update > reboot.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Yes you're quite right I've asked several times before. The reason is that i tend to use the reasoning "If it aint broke, don't fix it!" but with a version I'm happy with it seems they pull the plug on the updates after a certain date and to upgrade to the latest version reminds me of the many troubles I had soon after upgrading previously. Really I was hoping for some feedback whereas users would recommend upgrading to 2013 and everything would be fine and I wouldn't have any issues, but alas, after reading many of the posts on here about 2013 it seems I can expect some problems until they're ironed out. With 2011 I've had no troubles whatsoever and it runs quietly in the background. So hey it seems I'm forced to upgrade and Ill be keeping my fingers crossed for the next few months!

P.S. If I'm not here asking for help in the next few months, I'll probably be asking the same question in a year or two.

but alas, after reading many of the posts on here about 2013 it seems I can expect some problems
That is true when you are in a forum that is in place for users to come to when they have issues. However, the amount of issues posted in the forum against the millions of instances of installed Kaspersky 2013 doesn't really reflect the big picture as to the quality of the product.

99.9999% of users that have no issues and have a warm and fuzzy feeling in regards to Kaspersky products won't post here. :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.