Arrow5

Technical Update Available for KIS, Pop-Up Today

Hello, using - -- KIS 2012 - 12.0.374 (l) with about 4 months left on current license.

Never saw this before, today a green pop up at right bottom corner came up from KIS saying a Technical Update for KIS is Available. Mentions my current version that I have listed, and new version of 13.0.1.4190 was available.

Says, "Do you want to download the technical update?

Yes (Recommended) -- and says designation where it will be downloaded to, if yes.

No, ask me again later."

as well as a bottom block to check to not ask me again about update.

I had never seen this before on the previous versions. I chose not to update at this time, ask me later.

Something new?

Thanks just curious

I also have KIS 2012 and had this pop-up and I mistakenly clicked on "Yes". All of sudden, KIS 2013 started to install, which I don't want. Right at the welcome screen(the first page of when installing KIS 2013). I "X"ed out of it, did a complete uninstall of KIS 2012 and reinstalled it using the backup disc that Kaspersky sent me about a year ago.

Now, I am a bit worried about a couple of things. One, that this pop-up will appear again and two, when I ran a database update, the size of the update seem small for a first time run. I included a screenshot.

thank you all for your help.

post-408592-1361315961_thumb.jpg

The pop-up does have an option when it comes up -- at the bottom of the whole thing -- showing a box to click - to not ask for the update/upgrade again. Next time it pops up I'll be clicking on that.

But
dh27564
has mentioned, (thank you as always by the way, for your fast, replies), that you can go into your KIS settings, it sounds like, so that it doesn't happen again that way as well.

When the alert pops up again, I'm just doing the not ask me again option.

It threw me off as well, when it popped up, since I wasn't expecting that. But knowing that it was green pop-up was a relief, (no red alert or anything like that)... green is always good with KIS!

Have KIS 2013 now, but is there a way to uninstall or roll back to 2012 version. There are still 100+ days left on current licence? Need help. Thanks.

Edited by Story Goes

Got the Technical upgrade popup and upgraded to KIS2013. Accident because I have 100+ days left of the KIS 2012 license. Can I uninstall KIS13 than reintall KIS 2012? Thanks.

The pop-up does have an option when it comes up -- at the bottom of the whole thing -- showing a box to click - to not ask for the update/upgrade again. Next time it pops up I'll be clicking on that.

But
dh27564
has mentioned, (thank you as always by the way, for your fast, replies), that you can go into your KIS settings, it sounds like, so that it doesn't happen again that way as well.

When the alert pops up again, I'm just doing the not ask me again option.

It threw me off as well, when it popped up, since I wasn't expecting that. But knowing that it was green pop-up was a relief, (no red alert or anything like that)... green is always good with KIS!

But already have KIS2013, and now that I have it, do I have to keep it or can I uninstall it and go back to the 2012 version.

Hi Story Goes, my message in this thread was about the pop-up, & it got cut from that thread & now starts this one for some reason by Mods.

As far as I know you can still use your code back again for 2012. Someone else should be able to step in here for that for you, sorry I can't.

Hi Story Goes, my message in this thread was about the pop-up, & it got cut from that thread & now starts this one for some reason by Mods.

As far as I know you can still use your code back again for 2012. Someone else should be able to step in here for that for you, sorry I can't.

It's ok. Didn't have to use the activation code for the upgrade, so hope things are ok. I does have me as solid green with days left on the current license.

Yes you can use the code to install 2012 again after removing 2013 if you want to

Sounds like a good idea, but don't want to disrupt the protection. Running KIS 2013 with the 2012 license still active. Still have everything i.e. activation code.

One last question, once the 2012 license agreement ends, won't I have to buy KIS 2013 product to continue protection?, which I don't mind doing. :)

Actually, no. You are purchasing an activation code which can be used with either 2012 or 2013. Since you already have 2013 installed, you'll simply enter that code to extend your license for another year.

Thanks. Kinda get it. Have a code for KIS2012, haven't purchased one for KIS2013 yet, but running the 13 version.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.