Sign in to follow this  

I have been a long-time user of McAfee, without incident. Then, for no reason that I can understand, it just stopped working. After many chat sessions with the McAfee tecchies, my system was finally trashed. Fortunately I had a full backup. Then the same thing happened again! So this time I just uninstalled McAfee and am now here visiting Kaspersky.

Thinking back over those incidents, the only explanation that I can conceive is that perhaps my usage of CCleaner may have been at fault. I have NEVER used the registry-fixer side of CCleaner, only the "benign" side. Except that I am now wondering whether it is completely benign.

Has anyone experienced any problems with CCleaner damaging an anti-virus package, (including specifically KAV), if the registry-fixer remains untouched? And, if so, are there options/preferences that can be set in CCleaner to prevent it from damaging KAV?

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Hello,

I have been using CCleaner aside KIS/KAV for years now. I have never experienced any problems. Beside KIS/KAV self-defense protects it from any damage caused by other applications or malwares.

The cleaner mode or even the registry cleaner mode can't damage KIS/KAV.

Regards.

No, neither CCleaner nor TuneUp Utilities 2013 damage anything in regard to KAV/KIS. They're working perfectly together.

Greeting

Uwe

CC won't clean Kaspersky AV database and other things. I clean my PC with CC all the time including registry and never had any issue.

I agree. CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities 2013 harmonize absolutely perfectly together as well as with KAV/KIS. It's like God saying in his eleventh commandment: "You have to use CCleaner and TuneUp Utilities 2013 together with KAV/KIS! It's an absolute must on any system! Obey!" ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.