Smooth Operator

KES10 deployment, after install setup

We have tried to deploy KES10 to couple of testing computers, but it seems that after restart, users have to click next->next to agree with licence, key, and scan of running programs. Is there workaround?

I was doing upgrade from KES8.

Edited by Smoot Operator

We have installed remotely on 2 computers so far and have not seen this issue either. Did you do a local install or push through KSC?

I have a thread on here about the same issue. I haven't gotten a response yet for how to correct the remote deployment issue. They did give me a link for altering the setup.ini file for inidividual deployments, but that isn't what I want to do.

It's the same for our environment. Upgrading from KES8 to KES10 asks the users to accept the agreement after the reboot.

Clean installs do NOT ask for this.

It's the same for our environment. Upgrading from KES8 to KES10 asks the users to accept the agreement after the reboot.

Clean installs do NOT ask for this.

In my case, when I upgrade from KES8, it ask to accept the agreement at each reboot until a full uninstall and reinstall is done.

In my case, when I upgrade from KES8, it ask to accept the agreement at each reboot until a full uninstall and reinstall is done.

yes it's true. unfortunately this is one way to install correctly for this moment

yes it's true. unfortunately this is one way to install correctly for this moment

Any idea on when this will get fixed? I don't have the manpower to perform complete uninstalls on every machine.

Any idea on when this will get fixed? I don't have the manpower to perform complete uninstalls on every machine.

You can do it via remote uninstallation task in KSC.

Will fix after February.

You can do it via remote uninstallation task in KSC.

Will fix after February.

Give it a date?

How Come the fix with KSC Update or another way?

Just about to start upgrading 300+ from KES 8 to KES 10, using Security Centre 10. Today!

Having to uninstall 8 (using Security Centre Task) - then install netagent 10 and KES 10. This requires 2 reboots.

Would be a lot simpler to upgrade without the Config wizard requiring user interaction.

Any idea on a update on this?

Just about to start upgrading 300+ from KES 8 to KES 10, using Security Centre 10. Today!

Having to uninstall 8 (using Security Centre Task) - then install netagent 10 and KES 10. This requires 2 reboots.

Would be a lot simpler to upgrade without the Config wizard requiring user interaction.

Any idea on a update on this?

The only restart is required after kes8 uninstall, agent and kes10 install do not require restart

Same issue with us! Update patch due? :rolleyes:

Yes, update is due (probably early Q2). For now the workaround is to uninstall kes8 before deploying kes10

The only restart is required after kes8 uninstall, agent and kes10 install do not require restart

Yes, update is due (probably early Q2). For now the workaround is to uninstall kes8 before deploying kes10

Uninstalling KES 8 then rebooting, then deploy KES 10 still activates the ICW.

So your "Work Around" is bogus and invalid.

When is the patch going to be released?

Thanks,

Uninstalling KES 8 then rebooting, then deploy KES 10 still activates the ICW.

So your "Work Around" is bogus and invalid.

When is the patch going to be released?

Thanks,

As of now, Q4 of 2013.

Same issue here. Is there already a solution for this?

Hello!

Will be fixed in CF which will be released in the Q4 of 2013.

The only workaround is to first run uninstall task for KES 8 and after that run KES10 installation task.

Thank You!