sflint@commercehub.com

Not scanned for a long time status [Solved] [MR1] [pf96]

Hello!

As were mentioned earlier by coldfire3000 this status is related to Local scan task only. So if you configure group scant task you can just disable this status.

As you already Scanned your machine's, you can ignore the message "Not scanned from a long time" by moving computer/ s with such status to any other group OR if you delete the computer from “Managed Computers” group and from “Unassigned Computers”, rediscover them and move in the same sub-group or any other group it changes its status.

But don't know for how long it works/................

I've opened as well a case at Kaspersky Support and I've got the following answer:

"You are correct, this behavior is already a known issue and reported to our developers. This issue will be fixed within the next fix ( CF1) planned to be released in Q3 ( probably end of June)"

I've already had such a case on the MS Exchange platform where Kaspersky had an issue with a SP. And now I see again that it might takes month to fix that problem. Even when I'm a fan of the AV quality from Kaspesky, I don't like at all the duration for fixing such problem. It doesn't help to implement a Management Console which shows me the wrong values ! :dash1:

I've opened as well a case at Kaspersky Support and I've got the following answer:

"You are correct, this behavior is already a known issue and reported to our developers. This issue will be fixed within the next fix ( CF1) planned to be released in Q3 ( probably end of June)"

I've already had such a case on the MS Exchange platform where Kaspersky had an issue with a SP. And now I see again that it might takes month to fix that problem. Even when I'm a fan of the AV quality from Kaspesky, I don't like at all the duration for fixing such problem. It doesn't help to implement a Management Console which shows me the wrong values ! :dash1:

I totally agree. And hiding or ignoring the reporting data (last scanned) is a p*ss-poor fix/workaround. Pathetic that they can't/won't fix this sooner.

Just thought i'd get a ticket for this and see what info i could pull from kaspersky, the reply i received;

"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately this is a known Issue In the New Kaspersky Security Center 10.

Clients which have the scan task applied to it, are being scanned succesfully and completing, however because of an Issue with the KES10 Plug In the status of the client does not change.

The only workaround for the time being is to disable the status "not scanned for a long time" in the Properties of the Group - however I can appreciate not ideal for reporting purposes.

Our HQ are aware of the Issue and will be fixing this with the CF1 release of KSC 10 which we are hoping to have released in Early July.

Many thanks"

I quickly checked when this thread first started (5th feb) and by the time we get a fix it will be around 5 months to solve this, assuming a fix is released in the beginning of July. :dash1:

Update;

After calling them lazy they confirmed the reason for not having a patch; instead they are rebuilding SC, which is something. have a read below.

They replied with;

"Development are not releasing a patch which can be done relatively quickly, they are releasing a new build which will take time. When I say there Is no reason for taking 5 months to release a new build, I do not mean laziness, I mean quite the opposite.

The new build will not just solve "not scanned for a long time" status, It will include other fixes for reported Issues. This list will be released along with the new Release of Kaspersky Security Center.

June is when this build is expected, and this could be delayed depending on the timeline our development have to follow, not just Kaspersky but software vendors In general.

I can appreciate your comments with risk that clients are not being scanned. Rest assured they are, just the reporting of this which is not succesful.

Many thanks"

Releasing a product and then having to rebuild it becuase its not good enough from release :S

Will be fixed in CF1

...and when will this be released, if at all? Did you read the post immediately before yours?

Hello.. I have recently installed KES10 on 150 PCs and like you i have the same issue...

I agree with all of you that its totally unacceptable that this bug still exist.. Not a professional approach for a corporate product like this.

Though i may have found a workaround... While trying to find a solution, on one of my managed groups i enabled-checked the "Allow local tasks to be displayed and managed (except custom scan)".. Its on the Protection Policy settings into the Advanced Settings\Application Settings. Then the local tasks appear at the PC inside the group. On the "Critical Scan Areas" i did schedule to run.. Next day the PCs into this group were "Green" instead of "Red" with this error message!!

I will test again but i wanted to tell you people, just in case somebody else wants to try....

A new build will fix it. A critical fix will fix it. Does anyone at Kaspersky REALLY know whats happening here or are we just being fobbed off with lies, a bit like the current product which lies about what it can do. I agree with KBRESULT - saying you are rebuilding a product because the original release wasnt good enough surely is an admission that the original product that we all paid for was not fit for purpose. I bet theres even less chance of being compensated for it though than there is of getting a working product.

I was told be our reseller last week that they are releasing a fix in June that will resolve this status thing. How true that is I don't know...

...and when will this be released, if at all? Did you read the post immediately before yours?

I just off the phone with Kaspersky support. Release will be in June, it's not a whole new version just a different build number. Equivalent to a MS Service Pack.

I just off the phone with Kaspersky support. Release will be in June, it's not a whole new version just a different build number. Equivalent to a MS Service Pack.

Are these types of new builds "Service Packs" deployed automatically through the KSC Update process? Or will it require an fresh install?

Thanks

Are these types of new builds "Service Packs" deployed automatically through the KSC Update process? Or will it require an fresh install?

Thanks

To my understanding it is an update that will be deployed automatically through KSC. An email will be sent to all Business Enterprise users (IT personnel) once the new build has been released.

To my understanding it is an update that will be deployed automatically through KSC. An email will be sent to all Business Enterprise users (IT personnel) once the new build has been released.

I'm not sure if that is correct approach. Is anyone testing this update? I still sorting out leftovers from patch B and I don't want to end up in the same situation.

Sorry but you probably misunderstood. Alexander Ilin, one of the admins of this forum, mentioned previously that it "will be fixed in CF1".

Critical Fix (CF) – an extraordinary release of a new application version/patch that fixes some critical error. CF does not add any new functionality.
See KB7369 for more information about release stages.

It will be just like going from KES 8.1.0.646 to KES 8.1.0.831 when CF1 was released. So, it's not going to be like an application module update that comes with the regular database updates but rather a new installation package.

Would just like to add that we are also having the same issue.

As someone that has used Kaspersky for over 10 years at home and in business, I do feel like many others here that waiting over 5 months for a new release is to be polite "a little poor" from and end user perspective. I hope that this will not become the norm for dealing with issues otherwise I will be forced into considering other vendors next time our licensing is due for renewal.

Hey guys,

has anyone got any updates to share, as to when this CF1 will be released? or any other useful information?

thanks.

Hey guys,

has anyone got any updates to share, as to when this CF1 will be released? or any other useful information?

thanks.

Hi,

CF1 for KES10 is expected to be released in Q4 2013

Hi,

CF1 for KES10 is expected to be released in Q4 2013

Seriously? We are stuck with all these bugs until Q4?!? :dash1:

Seriously? We are stuck with all these bugs until Q4?!? :dash1:

As someone who spends *FAR TOO MUCH TIME* on this support board I have seen "CF1 will be released...."

June

Late summer

Q3

& now Q4?

wow.... :icon20:

As someone who spends *FAR TOO MUCH TIME* on this support board I have seen "CF1 will be released...."

June

Late summer

Q3

& now Q4?

wow.... :icon20:

There was suppose to be a patch fix for this problem at the beginning of April. I'm hoping Q4 is russian for end of June.

Hi, I think there has been some confusion around the simultaneous development of Endpoint 8 CF2 and Endpoint 10 CF1.

Endpoint 8 and SC9 are due updates at the end June - https://support.kaspersky.com/9912

Endpoint 10 and SC10 are scheduled for Q4 (no official FAQ or date yet)

The FAQ for "not scanned for a long time" https://support.kaspersky.com/9993 mentions pf96.

This is currently only available on an individual case by case basis so that we can make sure if doesn't have any other adverse affects.

To create your case and, please log a ticket with your local support center requesting pf96

https://support.kaspersky.com/support/busin...upport_contacts

Thanks

Chris

Hello!

Yes, I can confirm. PF96 solves this issue!

Best regards,

Alexander Demidov | Director Engineering

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.