sflint@commercehub.com

Not scanned for a long time status [Solved] [MR1] [pf96]

Try Right Clicking on Managed computers in SC then click properties then click computer status and uncheck not scanned for a long time in both sections.

Try Right Clicking on Managed computers in SC then click properties then click computer status and uncheck not scanned for a long time in both sections.

Thats not a fix though is it?

I've been using the trick of starting a "Full Scan" from within the Properties->Tasks to get around this as machine flag up the "not scanned for a long time" error.

Today I have a machine that has flagged this up and KES10 is running on the machine, however when I go to Properties->Tasks for the machine I normally can see Green arrows on tasks that are operational however, this machine has no green arrows on any task. If I select the Full Scan task and try and run it, the system immediately comes back with "cannot start the task".

I have tried restarting the physical PC but it made no difference. The Network Agent seems to be running fine and KSC is reporting staus from the machine. The only fix was to uninstall KES and reinstall!

Any ideas?

I've been using the trick of starting a "Full Scan" from within the Properties->Tasks to get around this as machine flag up the "not scanned for a long time" error.

Today I have a machine that has flagged this up and KES10 is running on the machine, however when I go to Properties->Tasks for the machine I normally can see Green arrows on tasks that are operational however, this machine has no green arrows on any task. If I select the Full Scan task and try and run it, the system immediately comes back with "cannot start the task".

I have tried restarting the physical PC but it made no difference. The Network Agent seems to be running fine and KSC is reporting staus from the machine. The only fix was to uninstall KES and reinstall!

Any ideas?

I had this happen yesterday on my test group of KES 10 machines. I was able to get the tasks back by unchecking them all in the Policy, letting that apply, and then checking them back.

Still waiting for a fix for the Not scanned message though...

I had this happen yesterday on my test group of KES 10 machines. I was able to get the tasks back by unchecking them all in the Policy, letting that apply, and then checking them back.

Still waiting for a fix for the Not scanned message though...

I might be being dumb here but where in the policy are the tasks listed that you unchecked and then re-checked?

I might be being dumb here but where in the policy are the tasks listed that you unchecked and then re-checked?

I unchecked the protections themselves in the Endpoint Protection policy. So File Anti-Virus, Mail-Anti-Virus, etc. Those correlate directly to the tasks of the same name.

I unchecked the protections themselves in the Endpoint Protection policy. So File Anti-Virus, Mail-Anti-Virus, etc. Those correlate directly to the tasks of the same name.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks, I'll try that.

Sadly, that did not fix this issue. Oh well, reinstall time again :-(

Sadly, that did not fix this issue. Oh well, reinstall time again :-(

subscribing, as this issue is affecting our organization as well.

subscribing, as this issue is affecting our organization as well.

Also subscribing as we have the same issue.

Have tried everything in this thread and others already:

- Add "computer" to the scan

- Change %Systemroot% to C:\Windows

Currently in process of manually running Full Scan om 1 machine to see if it clears the critical status.

Have logged a support call 3 days ago, no response

One thing I noticed is that while the scans have run (seen on the events on the computer), no events are visible on the SC and Last on-demand scan status is unknown

So the machine knows it has performed the scan, only this information is never communicated to the SC

Also subscribing as we have the same issue.

Have tried everything in this thread and others already:

- Add "computer" to the scan

- Change %Systemroot% to C:\Windows

Currently in process of manually running Full Scan om 1 machine to see if it clears the critical status.

Have logged a support call 3 days ago, no response

One thing I noticed is that while the scans have run (seen on the events on the computer), no events are visible on the SC and Last on-demand scan status is unknown

So the machine knows it has performed the scan, only this information is never communicated to the SC

Just to update, the full scan did clear the critical status

Just to update, the full scan did clear the critical status

Don`t You think that Full Scan is a bit... i don`t know, stupid solution for this issue?

It would be like, doing full defrag of 1TB disk, on 5400 rpm.

Imagine domain with more than 150 stations, all on Kaspersky.

Now imagine, half of those computers are used for accounting stuff.

You know, working with numbers, navision, excel sheets, calculations etc.

Now, add FULL SCAN to that picture.

Those computers are not Quads with 8GB of ram + SSD.

Full scan would be a suicide.

Edited by bRte

Don`t You think that Full Scan is a bit... i don`t know, stupid solution for this issue?

It would be like, doing full defrag of 1TB disk, on 5400 rpm.

Imagine domain with more than 150 stations, all on Kaspersky.

Now imagine, half of those computers are used for accounting stuff.

You know, working with numbers, navision, excel sheets, calculations etc.

Now, add FULL SCAN to that picture.

Those computers are not Quads with 8GB of ram + SSD.

Full scan would be a suicide.

pdjongh as a user just provided a workaround with scan status issue in KSC, which might help those that have the same issue. He/she helped community. If you have a bug and want to resolve it, then please take your case to Kaspersky technical support directly:

https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/

The forum is only for user-to-user help, this is NOT technical support per se

Edited by boyle

Hello

I had this issue in the past. I have a task running weekly on friday at 12md. The image shows the objects selected to scan. I hope can help you.

post-409564-1362150481_thumb.png

Regards

Hello

I had this issue in the past. I have a task running weekly on friday at 12md. The image shows the objects selected to scan. I hope can help you.

Regards

I scheduled a scan with only those objects last night on some test machines and they are now all green.

So my console is happy, but I'm not : if Kaspersky considers that my computers are protected with only those objects being regularily scanned, I don't agree... :(

Thanks a lot to Orlandofr for sharing the information though. ;-)

Hello

Regards

Thanks for the information. I've been trying to sort this too since upgrading to v10. I translated the screen shot as "system memory", "startup objects", "Disk Boot Sectors" and "c:\windows" (including subdirectories) and tried but still the scan is not detected. Hope I got that right.

I've also tried copying what "Full Scan" lists as running this scan manually does clear the alert. Not something I can do for every pc on the network though, even if the performance hit was acceptable. We normally schedule a wake up and scan for workstations early Sunday, then windows updates etc before a scheduled shutdown.

I remember having this issue with v8 and had to add %mycomputer% to the scope but that hasn't worked this time.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I have also contacted Kaspersky Support and they have confirmed that this is a software issue, there's no point in putting forth the effort for a workaround - we just have to wait until they fix it.

Until we get anything from Kaspersky, we could "solve" the issue with the following workarround. As well stated before, if you run a Full Scan on the computer's task, the flag get cleared. But the full scan takes too much (time, resource). So we can edit the Full Scan properties and change the scope to the recomended one, as posted before:

- System Memory

- Startup Objects

- Disk boot sectors

- %systemroot%/ (no subdirs)

- %systemroot%/system/ (no subdirs)

- %systemroot%/system32/ (no subdirs)

- %systemroot%/system32/drivers/ (no subdirs)

- %systemroot%/syswow64/ (no subdirs)

- %systemroot%/syswow64/drivers/ (no subdirs)

Then, we change also the schedule of the task (it could be, for example, everyday, at noon, as it is really quick).

The problem is that this must be done on every computer, as I could not find a way to get this task by group (all tries resulted in no sucess at all). Other problem: I could not rename the task to something as 'Critical areas daily scan', so nobody reading the logs would think a real full backup was made. The task got renamed to 'Full scan' again.

So, not a perfect solution, but we can get rid of red computers, so administration can be done again. And wait for the correct solution.

I got this response from support,

It will be resolved in CF1 for SC10 when released (no date exactly for this and our HQ has recognised this as a known Issue)

To overcome the error you can disable the status in the propeties of the managed group, computer status tab, untick the status

While I'm pleased that the response was so fast I am not at all happy that the fix is simply to disable warnings. Not much we can do though I suppose.

pdjongh as a user just provided a workaround with scan status issue in KSC, which might help those that have the same issue. He/she helped community. If you have a bug and want to resolve it, then please take your case to Kaspersky technical support directly:

https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/

The forum is only for user-to-user help, this is NOT technical support per se

It's just a shame that we get more timely, and helpful, responses here than from the 'official' channels.

almost 1.5 month has passed and not even a testing patch to fix the issue... :dash2:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.