matt@securenetit.com.au

Error while installing: System error 0x534 [In progress]

Dear All!

3, I have tested it. How to upload my log file (10MB zip)?

Thank you for your answers!

Gabor

On any file sharing website. Or i can provide you ftp link on our servers.

On any file sharing website. Or i can provide you ftp link on our servers.

You can give me ftp link in your server?

As a temporary solution, prior to installing SC to a domain controller I recommend you to temporarily make that controller a PDC Emulator (you can reset its role back after the installation of SC).

As a temporary solution, prior to installing SC to a domain controller I recommend you to temporarily make that controller a PDC Emulator (you can reset its role back after the installation of SC).

Alexander,

Can you give me ftp link to your server?

Thank you!

Alexander,

Can you give me ftp link to your server?

Thank you!

The problem is typically reproduced while installing SC10 on the domain controller that does not have PDC Emulator role

We dont need more logs for this moment. Please try this:

As a temporary solution we recommend to do a transfer PDC emulator role to this DC and start installation of SC server on it once again. MS link

when installation will be finished PDC emulator role is not required anymore and may be transferred back. This issue will be resolved in the nearest release (SC 10 CF1)

The problem is typically reproduced while installing SC10 on the domain controller that does not have PDC Emulator role

As a temporary solution we recommend to do a transfer PDC emulator role to this DC and start installation of SC server on it once again. MS link

when installation will be finished PDC emulator role is not required anymore and may be transferred back. This issue will be resolved in the nearest release (SC 10 CF1)

We have this same issue when installing slave servers on our remorte offices that have a 2003 DC, we do not have any other option so I tried the transfer of the PDC emulator and this has not worked, can you advise on the method for 2003 server?

We are experiencing the same issue with installing on DCs.

With KSC 9 it was not an issue, so now when we are upgrading to KSC 10 we are using the same servers, which you say are not to be used.

We are running AD forest/domain with a functional level of 2008 R2.

We have 8 domain controllers in our forest.

While it is not best practice to install anything other then domain related services on a DC, some of our remote offices that have a DC only have limited hardware and running KSC on the DC seemed like a simple fit.

I got KSC to install on 3 of the 4 remote office DCs with only the one error, then a reinstall after the first install failed went through without an additional modifications. This is not working on the one DC, no matter what I try, including a complete regeistry clean to remove any Kaspersky defined entries as well as a full removal of MSSQL continues to generate said error.

"Error while installing: System error 0x534 (No Mapping between Account names and security IDs was done."

Switching the DC to PDC role then installing KSC 10 solves the issue.

Thanks Alexander Ilin.

Edited by Ken Giese

Thank you Alexander, this solution worked.

Gábor

This solution worked on a couple of 2003 servers I tried to install KSC10 on in a small environment that had previously failed.

Its not however a remotely viable solution for some of our clients with global wan and individual servers\DC's in remote locations. Is there an ETA on the CF1 release?

Hello, I'm waiting for the CF1 before proceeding with a SC10 install. Do you have a duedate for the release?

I´m having the same issue trying to install CS10 on a DC with windows 2003 server(standard edition SP2)

I tried to transfer the PDC emulator role, but didn´t solve the issue.

Anyone has any other method to solve this?

I´m having the same issue trying to install CS10 on a DC with windows 2003 server(standard edition SP2)

I tried to transfer the PDC emulator role, but didn´t solve the issue.

Anyone has any other method to solve this?

Hello,

Some users reports that following workaround can help:

You have to install KSC9, then launch C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\klsrvswch.exe, switch from Local System to Domain and Choose your Domain Administrator Account. Finish Wizard and launch KSC10 Setup.

Refer to post#21 for more details.

Inform about result

Hello,

Some users reports that following workaround can help:

You have to install KSC9, then launch C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\klsrvswch.exe, switch from Local System to Domain and Choose your Domain Administrator Account. Finish Wizard and launch KSC10 Setup.

Refer to post#21 for more details.

Inform about result

Thanks great information, but could you please provide a link to the KSC9 download? Searching the website turns up downloads for Secutiry Center 10, the bugged one, and for Admin Kit 8. Can't find the one in between!

What's the ETA for 10 CF1?

Thanks great information, but could you please provide a link to the KSC9 download? Searching the website turns up downloads for Secutiry Center 10, the bugged one, and for Admin Kit 8. Can't find the one in between!

What's the ETA for 10 CF1?

I was looking for the same and stumbled across this page where you can still download Security Center v9 - http://support.kaspersky.com/ksc9?level=2#downloads. Poor that no-one from Kaspersky has gotten around to providing you with this link.

I had the same problem with KSC10 on Server 2008 R2 DC. So I went ahead and donwloaded KSC 9 and... I get the same error message.

Are there any other options except temporarily moving the PDC Emulator to this server?

You know, this workaround works, but IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT. :angry:

Come on, Kaspersky Devs! Test your product better before release! Having to use a workaround that requires mucking around with such an important aspect/role/function of a Domain Controller shouldn't have to be employed in order to get your shabbily designed application to work!

We had issues with KAK8, then KSC9, and now this with KSC10. C'mon...enough with the inane, ridiculous issues, Kaspersky Devs! Do the job properly the first time round so that we Sys Admins can just deploy it and have it working out of the box.

Edited by ITTWP

You know, this workaround works, but IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT. :angry:

Come on, Kaspersky Devs! Test your product better before release! Having to use a workaround that requires mucking around with such an important aspect/role/function of a Domain Controller shouldn't have to be employed in order to get your shabbily designed application to work!

We had issues with KAK8, then KSC9, and now this with KSC10. C'mon...enough with the inane, ridiculous issues, Kaspersky Devs! Do the job properly the first time round so that we Sys Admins can just deploy it and have it working out of the box.

Yup, just coming back to underscore how shitty this product is. Installed it on a Win Server 2008 Std x64 this afternoon, pushed KES10 out onto itself, and found that I couldn't RDP to this machine anymore (eventhough Kaspersky Firewall is OFF). Had no such issues with KSC9-KES8. And this Server is in a remote location (but within our WAN). Stumbled across this post: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=258857. Fortunately we could still gain access via some other remote access tool. Otherwise I would've had to drive out to our remote site. Imagine if this happened to some poor Sys Admin whose machine was interstate, or worse, out of the country!

OMG. Ultimate FAIL, Kaspersky!

P/S: Don't bother to get me to post logs etc. Other Users would've supplied enough information for you Kaspersky Devs to determine where the issue is, and it should've been quickly patched/updated a long time ago.

Edited by ITTWP

I'm trying to install the SC on secondary domain controller.

I've transfered the PDC role, but I receive the same error.

Can you help me please?

Edited by Cristi Costache

I'm trying to install the SC on secondary domain controller.

I've transfered the PDC role, but I receive the same error.

Can you help me please?

Hi,

I am wondering did you try this solution as well:

1. Run Administration Server Account Switch Utility and changed the user from DOMAIN\Administrator to .\System

2. Run Administration Server Account Switch Utility and changed the user from \System to DOMAIN\Administrator

3. Restart the server

4. Install again and worked fine

?

Hi,

I am wondering did you try this solution as well:

1. Run Administration Server Account Switch Utility and changed the user from DOMAIN\Administrator to .\System

2. Run Administration Server Account Switch Utility and changed the user from \System to DOMAIN\Administrator

3. Restart the server

4. Install again and worked fine

?

Hi,

I'm supposing that this solution is applying for upgrade implementation.

I'm trying to install the sever on newly hardware.

The administration server service is set to KL-*****.

Edited by Cristi Costache

3 months later, issue still exists :-/ ! I just can't believe this from Kaspersky.

I cannot transfer the PDC role (SBS 2011 - but I want to install it on a 2008 R2). Fresh installation... any ideas ?

hi,

6 months later, issue still exists :-/ ! I just can't believe this from Kaspersky.

I have same problem.

let alone to install the antivirus, I'm going to change the roles of the servers!

This solution is stupid and inappropriate.

however, I also have several clients with SBS and I can not move roles.

Among other things, some customers decided not to pay the bills ... What we do we turn kaspersky?

Come on, 6 months to resolve such a problem?!?!?

not to mention that the license key for version 10 is not compatible on verisone 8.1.0.641 is therefore are also obliged to update and licenses increased by 20%

WAKE UP!!

Hello!

Unfortunately it was impossible to release the fix in patch or private fix.

this issue will be fixed in MR1 which will be released soon. http://support.kaspersky.com/10002

For the moment the only way to solve the issue is to use workaround or instal KSC on separate server.

Thank You!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.