Sign in to follow this  
Arrow5

Browser Problem - IE7 All of Sudden can't open Most Web Pages & Kaspersky

Hello all you great people. I'm in need of your fantastic help. Using a laptop at the moment, since cannot get access to desktop browser or Kaspersky.

Desktop computer browser is having issues that I've never seen, thought it might be hijacked, but not sure & not too computer saavy.

Desktop computer running Win XP Home Service Pack 3, with IE7, KIS 12.0.0.374 (l).

All MS Windows update, Java just insalled new version Java 7 - update 13 on Feb 1

Flash Version 11.5.502.146.

Today I noticed some odd issues with browser as I was looking at one of my online auctions I was posting. As I finished creating/posting the auction, I went back to check & noticed the auction page at the bottom of it was blank, but I could navigate the website fine.

I cleared internet cache, temp folders, history, closed browser.

Reopened browser, but now it wouldn't load to home page... just clocked trying to load with no page loading at all, no navigating, tried Kaspersky website - same thing, just trying to open, but nothing, I can't get to the website, it tries, but nothing comes up on the screen as it tries to load, just blank.

Odd thing is I can navigate to Miscrosoft help community pages, cannot navigate to other websites. I can navigate to hotmail's website to sign in, the auction website to sign in, but that's it. I am nervous to enter evn sign in, but those are the only websites I can go to.

I go back to the auction website - not signed in, just tol ook at my auctions, I see the top part of my auction that the auction site shows, but not the bottom description page with my pictures I've included.

I closed the browser, rebooted, opened browser without add-ones & same problem occured with no navigation to any websites - tries to navigate their but never loads.

Closed internet, turned off router, I then did a full scan.

Upon full scan - it may have been a coincindence, but malware found in a program file \Kodak\Kodaksoftware.Updater file.....

Name of it was Trojan.win32.Vilsel.bpjd.repbead.exe, and after full scan completed KIS scan alerted me to the fact that it deleted it. All Green on console.

Still can't get browser back to usuable state, I'm getting ready to clear desktop computer temp files after I log off of this Laptop & close internet down to work on it.

I don't have any other browsers on that computer (I saw Safari on it, but husband had it on there for ipod, & I keep it updated, but never use it - don't even know if it would work on desktop, but I do update it when apple's software updates come up).

Question:

1) Is browser in need of reset? never have done that before, so I'll need to look that up on how.

2) Is this a KIS problem with the new (l) version that just recently got updated on my KIS?

I'm totally at a loss, and not sure how to get my browser functional on my desktop.

Thanks!

After I deleted Temp files in Disk Cleanup, rebooted computer again after this, updated databases in KIS, all is now well with my browser.

Not sure if this is related to other probs people had with KIS12 today, but all seems to be fine. Not sure if it was that, or the trojan, but seems fine at the moment.

Thanks in advance...

After I deleted Temp files in Disk Cleanup, rebooted computer again after this, updated databases in KIS, all is now well with my browser.

Not sure if this is related to other probs people had with KIS12 today, but all seems to be fine. Not sure if it was that, or the trojan, but seems fine at the moment.

Thanks in advance...

Any particular reason as to why your still on IE7 as opposed to IE8?

Browser reset can be found in "Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced".

Edited by nick0323

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.