MikeL

How to prevent Initial Configuration prompt after install?

The patches are only for KES 8, not version 10 that you just upgraded to.

But can't I apply them to my 8 workstations or is it too late?

Just what does kes8.1.0.831 patch b/c do for the in-place upgrade to kes10? Apparently one thing is fix this "kes8 to kes10 post configuration issue", but can you give a little more insight? Also is it no longer necessary to run the kav6/kes8 uninstall task & chain the kes10 install task on afterwards?

Hello. Please try to update you KES8 Workstations to applies patches B and C and only after this install KES 10

Thanks for the response Alexander.

If this is the only solution, I rather just warn the people that they will receive a pop-up on the next reboot and have to finish the setup.

With all the trouble patch B and C seem to cause, I rather do it this way without upgrading our KES8 clients.

Is this the only information on this issue? I am holding off installing to 3000+ stations because I can't get the prompt to stop. I really don't want to have to leave the installer unprotected. However, does anyone have any evidence that this actually works? I will try with a couple of machines but until now I have had no luck.

The install over top of 6.0.4.1424 doesn't initiate a reboot at all.

The reboot, once finished provides the dialog box which needs user intervention.

Even a clean install from the console ends with the same dialog box.

Any help?

Is this the only information on this issue? I am holding off installing to 3000+ stations because I can't get the prompt to stop. I really don't want to have to leave the installer unprotected. However, does anyone have any evidence that this actually works? I will try with a couple of machines but until now I have had no luck.

The install over top of 6.0.4.1424 doesn't initiate a reboot at all.

The reboot, once finished provides the dialog box which needs user intervention.

Even a clean install from the console ends with the same dialog box.

Any help?

are your users seeing the same post-installation pop up as this? http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1979494

still no word from Kaspersky regarding this

I have the same problem.

KES 10 For Windows installed on Windows 7 desktops results in a popup asking to confirm activation and comes back on every reboot or every log out and log back in.

Same problem if install is an automated task or stand alone installer.

I've been able to reproduce the problem on several desktops.

The post-installation pop-up posted a few post back is not the one I'm seeing. This thread is about a 'Initial Configuration Wizard' which is shown at first reboot after installation of KES10. So i guess it must be two different issues.

FYI my ticket was closed with the following work-around: uninstall KES8 before running KES10 installation.

The post-installation pop-up posted a few post back is not the one I'm seeing. This thread is about a 'Initial Configuration Wizard' which is shown at first reboot after installation of KES10. So i guess it must be two different issues.

FYI my ticket was closed with the following work-around: uninstall KES8 before running KES10 installation.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...t&p=1988360

"will fix after february", according to kaspersky admin. great..... we're seeing the same issue.

Any movement on this? I've finally got all my other upgrade issues resolved except for the Initial Config Wizard.

At now, the only workaround is to (group task if kcs is present) uninstall kes8 - restart - install kes10 (group task if ksc is present). Kes 8 cf2, which should correct the issue is expected in Q2, but this does not help in uninstall/reinstall situations, at least when you want to go from kes8 cf1 to kes 10 directly. After kes8 cf2 released, the schema would be uninstall kes8 cf1 (to experience less compatibility/reinstall problems as always) - restart - install kes8 cf2 or whatever else (kes10, kav 6.0 R2) which supports your license.

At now, the only workaround is to (group task if kcs is present) uninstall kes8 - restart - install kes10 (group task if ksc is present). Kes 8 cf2, which should correct the issue is expected in Q2, but this does not help in uninstall/reinstall situations, at least when you want to go from kes8 cf1 to kes 10 directly. After kes8 cf2 released, the schema would be uninstall kes8 cf1 (to experience less compatibility/reinstall problems as always) - restart - install kes8 cf2 or whatever else (kes10, kav 6.0 R2) which supports your license.

so the patch to resolve this issue is best applied as uninstall -> reboot -> reinstall? that is ridiculous... it's no different than the current workaround. i thought the patches were supposed to solve the issue? the most important thing here is that the users' productivity is impacted by multiple reboots.

This would not be a patch, it would be critical fix, which means new downloadable installation file - of which a new installation packet can be created in management - and therefore avoid multiple reboots as it is now with a,b,c,d patches to KES8. Yes, it is not improvement to the situation, if a silent upgrade is needed. Note, that i am just another user of Kaspersky products, trying to explain things. If you want real help or want to dig to the bottom of things, then please create a support request at: https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/

Hello! I'm having the same issue. Deployed upgrade last Friday, then Monday morning all users are calling about this pop up about activation. I have been deploying it like this since version 6 and never run into this. Has there been a fix for this published somewhere yet?

Hi,

got the same problem on my testmachines, on some of them the "initial configuration" returns on every start of KES 10 or system-reboot,

that means the users are actualy asked if they want to turn Kaspersky on (or off by unticking the box) after login!

:dash1:

regards Bjoern

On my test that was blocked by policy, but its a total block to upgrading the AV agents because by policy we dont want to harass end users with pointless popups that will also generate helpdesk calls.

Ill role out new PCs with KES10, but I wont upgrade until Kaspersky sort out this problem, which kinda sucks.

The workaround to uninstall KES8 first, assumes you don't have the problem yet. Is there a solution in case KES10 is already installed? I now have endusers that cancel the wizard and thus have no protection.. :blink: I don't really understand what the use of a pop-up is that gives an enduser the option to disable his protection. There's probably a very good reason to make that. :unsure: Anyway.. Now I'm stuck with a problem, and the only given solution so far is: You should have uninstalled the previous version first. Thanks, but too late...

I am also still searching desperately for a solution to this problem - really disappointing of the Kaspersky support.

I am also still searching desperately for a solution to this problem - really disappointing of the Kaspersky support.

i faced the same issue so what i did, i deployed KSC10 agent 10, uninstalled the previously installed KAV/KES using the remote uninstallation task and then deployed KES 10. in this way the initial configuration windows does not appear and KES10 gets installed successfully.

I'm having the same issue - upgrading from version 6 to 10. Even completely removing the old version doesn't help.

I tried "Do not protect the install" as they recommended with no luck.

I have a ticket open with support now and will post any solution they come up with here. (Also poking around the registry / file settings now to see if it's a simple reg fix)

I've confirmed if they cancel the wizard they do not indeed have ANY virus protection running on the machine. EICAR test file won't get flagged, and you can't right click and say scan exe.

If you push KES10 on the top of version 6 (or I'm assuming version 8 like the others in the thread have reported), you'll get the configuration wizard pretty much every time. You'll also get an annoying "You need to reboot" type of message no matter how you push KES 10 to the machine (I tried doing it through the Admin Kit, and various batch file / msi / setup installations).

So my solution for my workstations (assuming KES 10 doesn't blow up as spectacularly as KES 8 did for us), is to remove KAV 6 as the users log out, and then force a restart. At next login, my users will get KES 10 installed (and no forced reboot as it doesn't seem to need it).

But that may not work for all environments.

Kaspersky support told me to use the "do not protect installation" checkmark, and that didn't help. Still waiting for another response from their support on this. Definitely less than impressed with their support for the installation routine on this.

(and after you remove kav 6, you need a reboot - you can't then try the install of kes 10, it'll just fail)..

:dash1:

In our environment, we moved from AV 6.0 to KES 10.1. The way I got around the initial configuration prompt was to create an uninstallation task on the Admin server for KAV 6.0, force restart, and then deploy KES10. This installed KES10 without requiring the user to click through the initial configuration windows.

Edited by Mikejt

In our environment, we moved from AV 6.0 to KES 10.1. The way I got around the initial configuration prompt was to create an uninstallation task on the Admin server for KAV 6.0, force restart, and then deploy KES10. This installed KES10 without requiring the user to click through the initial configuration windows.

Hi,

By following the way in the provided article you should be able to save application settings.

Hello!

Here you can see new, corrected article about the issue:

https://support.kaspersky.com/9488

Thank You!

This doesn't really help. It says it's supported for the version I'm trying to upgrade from, but then says I'll get the window I'm getting, and that issue will be fixed in 'critical fix 1'.

When is that coming out?

It also links to another known problem if you try and install it from KES - the interactive window thing. This also has no actual fix, other than "don't use this method".

??

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.