MikeL

How to prevent Initial Configuration prompt after install?

I'm deploying KES 10 through KSC 10 over the network. How can I prevent the Initial Configuration window from prompting the user? I tried adding a CFG file to the install, but it still prompts.

Thanks

I'm deploying KES 10 through KSC 10 over the network. How can I prevent the Initial Configuration window from prompting the user? I tried adding a CFG file to the install, but it still prompts.

Thanks

I'm very interested in this as well, though we only have around 50 workstations this would have saved a lot of headache and walking remote users through it.

I'm very interested in this as well, though we only have around 50 workstations this would have saved a lot of headache and walking remote users through it.

Me too.

Did you integrate the config file into the properties of the installation package?

You can do this under "settings".

Having this 'problem' as well. Just to be sure:

Do we need to grab a config file from a client who already ran the initial wizard and add it to the install package? (http://support.kaspersky.com/7275)

Can't remember that you had to do this in version 8.

Did you integrate the config file into the properties of the installation package?

you mean "Configuration file:" under properties in the instalation package ?

Yes, I did this. I created a config file from one of the clients I installed, then saved the config file and added it to the properties of the install package. Still no luck.

So, anyone found a solution yet? It's the one thing holding us back deploying KES10 company-wide.

I have a case open with K support. As soon as something useful comes up, i'll report back.

So, anyone found a solution yet? It's the one thing holding us back deploying KES10 company-wide.

I have a case open with K support. As soon as something useful comes up, i'll report back.

Yeah I have a case open as well, yet no reply still.

Please tell me your case numbers.

I've been using KSC and doing group deployments. Not sure if the setup-ini is used in the same way for those. I never had to alter any of these settings previously, so I am unsure as to why I need to now. I spent a long time on with support about this and they never referenced this article to me. They said it was an issue there wasn't a fix for yet that many people were experiencing.

Our case number: INC000001303583

I'm not seeing a parameter in the setup.ini which modifies the initial wizard behavior. Or does the presence of the file suppress the wizard?

This is not happening on the KES 8 workstations. It is happening on the KES 10 workstations.

Have you checked the box on the install package, "Do not protect the installation"?

No. I did not have that box selected. Does it need to be in order to do the silent installation?

I found that if that wasn't checked I would get the prompts, but haven't since checking.

Hello. Please try to update you KES8 Workstations to applies patches B and C and only after this install KES 10

We are having this issue as well, upgrading from 8 to 10. What are patches B and C and where are they? Thanks.