Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
borkduck

Cannot enter new activation code KIS 2013

11 posts in this topic

I recently upgraded my KIS 2012 to KIS 2013. I uninstalled the old ver, installed the new one. All good so far. But my subscription still shows as five days left (the old subscription amount) and I cannot get to any screen that will allow me to enter the new code.

Any ideas?

bd

You have updated it and rebooted after install? After that enter the new code via licensing in the main window.

You have updated it and rebooted after install? After that enter the new code via licensing in the main window.

Yes, and while the main screen shows the new app (KIS 2013), it does not show the 'Enter activation code' button on the bottom right of the home screen. Only the 'Manage subscription' button.

I'm guessing (something that I hate doing) that I need to go to my account and enter the new activation code for 2013. Lotta hassle just to get the subscription updated.

bd

Edited by bduck

Yes, and while the main screen shows the new app (KIS 2013), it does not show the 'Enter activation code' button on the bottom right of the home screen. Only the 'Manage subscription' button.

I'm guessing (something that I hate doing) that I need to go to my account and enter the new activation code for 2013. Lotta hassle just to get the subscription updated.

bd

App....? Would this be on Windows 8?

App....? Would this be on Windows 8?

Nope. Vista Home Premium.

Also, when I click on the 'Manage Subscription' button in the bottom right of the home screen (where the 'enter activation code' should be) it shows the old activation code and 5 days remaining. When I click on the 'Update subscription status' button, it says my 'Active subscription key (the old 2012 one) is up to date, with 5 days remaining.

Still guess that I ought to go to my account, and enter the new activation code there. But I hate guessing.

Thanks for you help, Don Pelotas.

bd

Nope. Vista Home Premium.

Also, when I click on the 'Manage Subscription' button in the bottom right of the home screen (where the 'enter activation code' should be) it shows the old activation code and 5 days remaining. When I click on the 'Update subscription status' button, it says my 'Active subscription key (the old 2012 one) is up to date, with 5 days remaining.

Still guess that I ought to go to my account, and enter the new activation code there. But I hate guessing.

Thanks for you help, Don Pelotas.

bd

I think..............without knowing for a fact.....that we're not quite on the same page. Look at the pic, at the bottom is "Licensing". :)

post-63-1358620737_thumb.png

I think..............without knowing for a fact.....that we're not quite on the same page. Look at the pic, at the bottom is "Licensing". :)

That's a screenshot from K AntiVirus. I have K Internet Security 2013. And in the bottom right corner there it says 'Manage Subscription'. Which performs as I described above.

bd

post-448573-1358621211_thumb.jpg

Edited by bduck

Thanks, Rich.

bd

Alright. The definitive answer to this (for morons like myself) is this:

Open Kasperksy

Click on 'Manage Subscription' in lower right hand corner.

When you see the screen that includes the current key, click on the red 'X' next to it.

You'll be prompted that you are invalidating that key, and that your computer will not be protected.

Click on it anyway.

A new window opens, asking you to enter a valid key. Type in the new activation code.

Done.

They could have made this a bit clearer, in my estimation. Incidentally, the solution I'd thought of--entering the activation code in the 'Manage activation codes' window in My Account--wouldn't have worked. That only stores the activation key in case you lose it. Doesn't affect the actual application at all.

Also, if anyone at Kaspersky is monitoring this--you really need to do some work on the transparency of your app. Norton, McAfee, etc all do the subscription updating automatically and transparently to the user during install of the new version of the program. Something for you guys to consider, so a user doesn't waste a day and a half of his--and your--time.

bd

Edited by bduck