chrisoffice

How to disable the pop-up "secure keyboard input has been enabled"?

29 posts in this topic

The pop-up "secure keyboard input has been enabled" is really annoying! And it is getting in the way because it covers the data entry field.

If I go to the settings, and disable the secure keyboard input, then the pop-up will be gone, but that defeat the entire purpose of this function.

Is there any other way to disable this "proud" announcement from Kaspersky?

Thanks!

The pop-up "secure keyboard input has been enabled" is really annoying! And it is getting in the way because it covers the data entry field.

If I go to the settings, and disable the secure keyboard input, then the pop-up will be gone, but that defeat the entire purpose of this function.

Is there any other way to disable this "proud" announcement from Kaspersky?

Thanks!

http://support.kaspersky.com/8501

Hello,

2,5 years later:)

In this way "Secure Keyboard Input" feature will be disabled. What Chriss wants is Secure Keyboard Input still to be enabled but the annoying banner to be gone.

So actually there is no way to do this.

Sorry Chriss

Would like to see this, too.

Hello,

2,5 years later:)

In this way "Secure Keyboard Input" feature will be disabled. What Chriss wants is Secure Keyboard Input still to be enabled but the annoying banner to be gone.

So actually there is no way to do this.

Sorry Chriss

ditto. I've just disabled the feature rather than deal with the annoying bubble. Would rather leave it on, but silly that the notification part alone cannot be turned off.

Would rather leave it on, but silly that the notification part alone cannot be turned off.

That's really bad as it interferes with some password managers (LastPass in my case) and even delays (a bit, but still) manual entering of credentials...

It is now September 2016. Has anything changed since January 2013?

I'd really really like to see this too. I find people, including myself, turn secure data input off rather than fuss trying to hide the needlessly big and obtrusive pop-up.

It is now September 2016. Has anything changed since January 2013?

I'd really really like to see this too. I find people, including myself, turn secure data input off rather than fuss trying to hide the needlessly big and obtrusive pop-up.

Actually, you can ignore my previous post for now. It seems for now the pop-up is disappearing on its own now much faster than it did before, and that is good enough.

Posted (edited)

I have a quick question, the secure data input thing used to only show up when I was typing something in a password field / box, but now it also shows up when im simply searching something on facebook and on youtube. Any ways to make this go away without totally disabling it? I chekced the settings for it but not sure which to turn on / off. The only one that isnt ticked is the one called Internet communication media, the other 3 are ticked.

Edited by Sall

I guess the Developers of the app..Get it displayed on those

Social media outlets. In case users decide Type something

Kaspersky doesn't offer any Web-Info about this option

"Internet communication media" So verify if makes

any difference by ticking that setting: Good luck

Posted (edited)

Im gonna wait and see if someone else knows about this, I never changed anything in the settings for this and it didnt use to behave this way except for when I was typing passwords.

Another thing when I see that little display from kaspersky saying secure keyboard input is enabled, if I then type something is that being secured or do I need to press the little keyboard icon to launch the virtual keyboard and then type from there ?

Edited by Sall

Posted (edited)

Now it showed up on google, I know its just cosmetic but is there anyway to have this message not showing up? Are you guys also getting this on some of these sites, google, facebook, youtube, and others? It's almost like it shows up for every text field where I type something now.

I attached a screenshot of this message in case anyone is wondering what im talking about.

post-7302-1483714295_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sall

Thx I was looking there earlier but cant find anyway to remove it unless I turn it off completely, do you get the same message when you click in text fields on some of these sites ? Would like to know if other users are getting this.

Thx I was looking there earlier but cant find anyway to remove it unless I turn it off completely, do you get the same message when you click in text fields on some of these sites ? Would like to know if other users are getting this.

Sorry...I have Secure Keyboard Input selected OFF.

Sorry...I have Secure Keyboard Input selected OFF.

Okay I might do this also unless I figure out how to get it back as it was before.

Posted (edited)

Actually, you can ignore my previous post for now. It seems for now the pop-up is disappearing on its own now much faster than it did before, and that is good enough.

Thank god im not the only one who wants to have this notification banner removed, also by default I was only notified when I was entering a passwords and things like that, but now I get it almsot every time I want to enter something in a text field / search box, on google, youtube, facebook, and almost anywhere where I type something in a text field. It usually only shows up the first time I type in the field but still annoying.

If only I could have it like it was before where it only showed up when I was typing a password, not sure why this has changed.

Edited by Sall

Seems other people have been asking for an option to turn the notification banner off.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=254065

Hello,

I looks like it is only happening on KIS 17. I have KIS 16.0.1.445(f) version installed, no secure keyboard input on google, and also on beta version 18.0.0.302 :)

Maybe I will repeat something, but what happens when you disable it and enable it again?

By the way show me your all settings for KIS Secure Data Input -> Kaspersky Main Window - Options - Additional - Secure Data Input

Best.

Hello,

I looks like it is only happening on KIS 17. I have KIS 16.0.1.445(f) version installed, no secure keyboard input on google, and also on beta version 18.0.0.302 :)

Maybe I will repeat something, but what happens when you disable it and enable it again?

By the way show me your all settings for KIS Secure Data Input -> Kaspersky Main Window - Options - Additional - Secure Data Input

Best.

I tried that disable and then re-enable, but didnt help. When I disable it goes away and when I enable it comes back.

These are my settings (see attached pics)

post-7302-1483828900_thumb.jpg

post-7302-1483828908_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Which website do you need to do that?

Regards.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Which website do you need to do that?

Regards.

Hi, almost every site that has a text field box, like search boxes ect. - first time I go to google to do a search it shows up, same for youtube, facebook ect. - but only the first time I enter the page and click in the search box / text field. But then if I close the page or tab and opens the page again on a new tab it comes back.

Edited by Sall

Hi, almost every site that has a text field box, like search boxes ect. - first time I go to google to do a search it shows up, same for youtube, facebook ect. - but only the first time I enter the page and click in the search box / text field. But then if I close the page or tab and opens the page again on a new tab it comes back.

Hello,

Have you tried to make an exclusion for the web sites for secure input settings?

Best

Hello,

Have you tried to make an exclusion for the web sites for secure input settings?

Best

That would work but dont want to do that for every site I visit. Do you get the same thing or do you not have secure input enabled ?

That would work but dont want to do that for every site I visit. Do you get the same thing or do you not have secure input enabled ?

Hello,

I am getting only on sites where are the login forms,not on every site.Yes secure input is enabled,settings are nearly same.

Have you tried to disable/enable kaspersky browser plugin.

Which KIS version you have?

Best regards.