• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
Anil2211

Unable to install Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus 2013 on windows 8

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I tried Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus 2013 on my brand new PC which runs on windows 8, however the instalation fails with the below error

Failed...................Current operating system is not supported" though it's pack says 'ready for windows 8'.

Before starting the installation I removed an trail version of Mcafee installed on the system,

you can say I lobby for Kaspersky when I am asked which is best anti virus to use, but i feel let down with the recent turn of events.

I purchased this single PC package by paying almost 800 RS.

Hope you can help me with the above mentioned query at the earliest

Hi Lucian , Thanks for your reply, I will try this, however curiosity is killing me, can you just give me an background as to why the single PC package which I purchased will not install on windows 8.

Hi Lucian , Thanks for your reply, I will try this, however curiosity is killing me, can you just give me an background as to why the single PC package which I purchased will not install on windows 8.

Some 2013 discs were produced before the build Lucian instructs you to download. The license key can be used with the newer download version so in that sense the product you purchased can still be used with Windows 8. When you run the installer on the original disc, does it prompt you to download the newer version at all?

Thks for your reply, the installation from the disk does not prompt me to download anything , it comes comes up with an error stating failed to instal, OS not supported, something on thoes lines