harlan4096

KPM .170 + FireFox 18 final

Just installed FF18 and KPM .170 addon is not compatible ... I hope there will be a new KPM soon :)

Regards.

Anyway I'm getting some kind of instability in FF18 after those changes ... many crashes in FF18, so I reverted the changes ...

Regards.

with this workaround ...firefox uses a lot of ram.. 7GB after 5 minutes..and than crash.

I hope that kaspersky is working for an update

Great! KPM team sux, too slow to keep up to dated, now i can't access to anything.

Edited by wt2a

Seems Kaspersky needs a full time tech just to keep current with FireFox updates. I blame FireFox. BUT, can we get an update, please?!

Be patient :) You still can access the info manually copy/paste in KPM ...

Regards.

Edited by harlan4096

Be patient :) You still can access the info manually copy/paste in KPM ...

Regards.

bad answer :)

I can use notepad to simply cut and paste info...that is free.

I bought a software.I want that it works.

bad answer :)

I can use notepad to simply cut and paste info...that is free.

I bought a software.I want that it works.

NotePad does not protect Your passwords under a strong master password ... and I ment You still can use some of the features of KPM but manually until the new build is realeased, or use key combination (see KPM Settings), to fill the password:

post-5997-1357980618_thumb.png

Regards.

bah ,i think that everyone use this software for the auto filling feature, than that for the "protection"-

to protect my password a password a txt in a protected .rar file with a strong password is enough.

but...we'll wait..

is there any info regarding a release date for the next patch?

-------

any release date? ok..mozilla is releasing too many update...but please...make a patch

edit: merged two posts.

Edited by richbuff

130 days left for my kaspersky licence - and then OVER AND NEVER AGAIN :/

i see no reason why i have to do all the work about kaspersky-pw-manager after every ff update.

kaspersky sleeps again...

Kaspersky protects You in traffic level, You don't need "cosmetic addons" in every browser, that's a trend since last years in every security suite ...

About KPM, as I said, be patient, these days are holidays in Russia until 14th ...

Regards.

Thank you for this info harlan4096.

I am thinking about buying KPM but it's not available in my country. I had contacted the sa-support (Sales support, i guess) but no reply. Now i know to wait till after 14 Jan.

Regards.

Edited by richbuff
Several posts are toast. There are plenty of flood posts already in this topic. No more are needed.

:angry: Kaspersky, we are already facing FireFox 18.0.1 and you still have not updated the Password Autofill Engine?!?!

We all should know that the KPM code was built on the "Sticky Passwords" technology. I am now testing their product, and if they provide a faster update policy I will change to Sticky Password then.

Thanks for the recommended Sticky Password, just installed it, as soon as i verify it isnt Kaspersky product im going to buy it

It is for sure not developed by Kaspersky. "Sticky Password" is licensing their encryption engine and are selling branded versions to Kasperksy and ChicaLogic and probably others.

Just to manage your expectations: if you go on Facebook, there appear to be issues with FF 18 for StickyPassword as well. I just installed FF18.0.1, and it kept crashing SP all the way, so I had to revert back to FF 17.0.1.

Since both KPM and Sticky Password seem to have an issue with FF18.x, I trust that Kaspersky is just waiting to see it fixed for sure, until when they release a new version. Not having an update for FF18, which is buggy anyway, seems to be the lesser pain.

However, with Sticky Password, the developer team is providing at least information about the known bugs via Facebook and their forum. This makes them look more actively on top of the issue.

Now, since this is a Kaspersky forum, I hope some of their guys are reading this thread as well: I would expect Kaspersky to do the same - keep communicating about issues with your SW, and provide an outlook for the fix.

I am staying tuned and looking fwd to a fix here...

A number of posts ......some of them understandably annoyed albeit with less than desirable language plus a couple just not ok...........removed or rather they are now invisible for Kaspersky to peruse if they so choose.

The topic at hand is "KPM .170 + FireFox 18 final", it's not a thread to state you're going with this or that product instead, rants or anything else for that matter, it's titled "KPM .170 + FireFox 18 final".

It is for sure not developed by Kaspersky. "Sticky Password" is licensing their encryption engine and are selling branded versions to Kasperksy and ChicaLogic and probably others.

Just to manage your expectations: if you go on Facebook, there appear to be issues with FF 18 for StickyPassword as well. I just installed FF18.0.1, and it kept crashing SP all the way, so I had to revert back to FF 17.0.1.

Since both KPM and Sticky Password seem to have an issue with FF18.x, I trust that Kaspersky is just waiting to see it fixed for sure, until when they release a new version. Not having an update for FF18, which is buggy anyway, seems to be the lesser pain.

However, with Sticky Password, the developer team is providing at least information about the known bugs via Facebook and their forum. This makes them look more actively on top of the issue.

Now, since this is a Kaspersky forum, I hope some of their guys are reading this thread as well: I would expect Kaspersky to do the same - keep communicating about issues with your SW, and provide an outlook for the fix.

I am staying tuned and looking fwd to a fix here...

I agree with the.nerd completely.

I love KPM when it is working but each time that FF upgrades KPM lags way to far behind to catch up and when they do it's just a blip on this Forum that here is the fix and they give the link.

It seems to be always a secret, maybe they wait until SF's creat's a fix and then they massage it abit for their purpose.

A little communication along the way would be a tremendous help!!!

Their Tech Support is typically oblivious to the problem and if called they will waltz you around around trying to "fix" the issue, if you understad the Pakistan language that is>

Is there a fix available for the FIRE FOX 18 and KAS PASSWORD MANAGER incompatibility (Win XP) that I am not aware of it?

It's been a long time that has passed that I am without the use of KPM.

Someone with knowledge of this situation please respond.

Thanks

Edited by jonnn

tomorrow sticky password will release an official fix for FF 18.01..

so Kaspersky will copy that fix and release KPM patch soon

It's possible to use the password manager autofill engine extension for Firefox without waiting for an update from Kaspersky.

1. Locate the "kpmautofill.xpi" file in your installation directory.

2. Use an archive manager to open up the "kpmautofill.xpi" file.

3. Edit file "install.rdf" to your needs.

Example: We edit line <em:maxVersion>17.*</em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>18.*</em:maxVersion>

<!-- Firefox -->

<em:targetApplication>

<Description>

<em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>

<em:minVersion>0.0</em:minVersion>

<em:maxVersion>18.*</em:maxVersion>

</Description>

</em:targetApplication>

It worked... thanks