Sign in to follow this  
SAJFLAD

Manually remove a trojan...

Hi

this morning on booting up the pc, kaspersky 2013 notified me that a reboot was required to remove the trojan identified in screenshot 1.

post-442040-1357230373_thumb.jpg

however, although it is marked as deleted after reboot, clicking on the blue link shows that the object is still in the windows folder, as in screenshot 2.

post-442040-1357230600_thumb.jpg

Therefore, does anyone think it has really gone, or should I delete this item myself and would that make any difference anyway?

All subsequent scans report nothing detected.

Thanks

ok thanks richbuff

I logged into my kaspersky account but then realised I wasn't sure what to send them. Presumably, sending them the name of the suspected trojan or its path is of little help so I tried to copy the object to then send it to them but couldn't. In both admin and std accounts, I couldn't copy the object or move it etc because each time I tried it was denied saying the file was in use by another program, try again, but I never could. I then went to the objects location in safe mode but to no avail as it wasn't there but of course in admin and std accounts it returned again.

so, what details would you like me to send them and do you have any idea how to capture it to send them a copy?

As you say, it could just be a false positive but worth letting the lab have a look I guess.

Thanks.

Edited by totallybaffled

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.