I'm having the same problem and the solution waiting almost two weeks.

I had to disable the KIS

I'm having the same problem and the solution waiting almost two weeks.

I had to disable the KIS

No, if you read the thread it means you can disable systemwatcher, you do not have to disable the entire program. If you do then you'rs is a completely different issue.

For what it is worth, I have 2 oldish PCs, one runs on Vista ( 5yrs) and the older runs on XP (6.5 yrs) I bought 3 PC version of KIS 2013 and loaded it to my Vista PC by firstly using KAVREMOVE TOOL to remove 2012 version, then install. I have had no problems whatsoever. Then I read on these Forums that Kavremover should not be necessary and did a conventional uninstall of 2012 version on the XP computer before loading 2013. It is in a dreadful state and has been taking nearly 10 minutes to boot up!!! I have done part 2 of advice further below ( uncheck "Enable System Watcher") It has made quite a difference but still takes nearly 5 mins to boot up.

Several members are mentioning a patch being prepared. Will it come as auto download or do I have to go looking for it??

Final option is for someone to tell me how to remove the glass from a fixed window so I don't make a mess when I lob the whole bloody thing out into the garden!!!

Don't do that, lest mercury be spewed all over the Calatheas.

Instead, please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Patches are via automatic databases updater.

I had the same problem and disabling System Watcher hepls, but I noticed a memory leak probably? I disabled System Watcher and I wanted to restart just Kaspersky, without rebooting system. So I closed Kaspersky, but it didn't disappear from processes, it just started to eat my memory, from about 140MB to 1,4GB and it would probably go up. I attached screenshot.

post-447391-1357389950_thumb.jpg

I don't think there's a positive benefit to disabling system watcher, honestly. I can wait the five minutes if it means I have full protection. I've no problems with shutdowns, by the way, just after booting up and the "protection enabled" message pops up.

In my case disabling System Watcher unfreezes all processes immediately (all applications opens at once). Tried reinstalling KIS just to be sure but after few days it's all back to the same state. I have a SSD drive and seeing my browser loading for 3 minutes (if only!) is kinda depressing. I'm still waiting for some actions from Kaspersky. After week or so I'm contacting their support just to go through all formalities and after that I want my money back. #RiseYourPitchforks

I contacted Kaspersky tech support about this issue on December 23rd and I'm waiting for their response.

One of the tech guys asked me to schedule a "disk check and auto-fix of bad sectors" on startup but my computer never started after I did that.It turns out that SSDs do not like when you do this to them.Only after that, the next tech support guy wanted me to send them my GetSysInfo data again because apparently they missed the fact that I had SSD instead of HDD.I'm lucky I managed to save my data and OS lol

Anyways...I'll keep you guys updated in case my problem gets solved !

P.S.

Quick review of what my problem was:

1) It takes 4 times longer to shut down

2) It takes 2 minutes(or 5 minutes on computer with HDD) to start the KIS protection after startup.

The 1st problem can be fixed by disabling the System Watcher but that doesn't help the 2nd problem.

It's back again, KIS2013 slow as molasses at bootup. A closer look at what's going on shows low CPU usage during bootup apart from odd spikes much as expected, then the KIS tray icon shows and CPU usage is still low and I can run programs or open folders at this point but then just I would normally be getting a more or less fully responsive desktop say 10 secs or so later, the CPU goes up to almost 100% and stays there for about 4-5 minutes more, the desktop becoming almost unusable but then it suddenly stops and everything is full speed. During this period of high CPU, I can't actually see any named processes actually using it though apart from the total usage in the graph being 100% or thereabouts. I might look at this again, there has to be something using it but I couldn't find it and avp.exe shows 0%. If I run Process Explorer during the pre-icon show stage (i.e. while I can!) and store all file and process activity there seem to be a lot of instances of svchost .exe trying and failing to create files in a non-existent path which surely belongs to my old uninstalled KIS2012? i.e. C:\Program Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP12 which certainly doesn't exist on my PC. Relevant? No idea but it seems strange.

Yes, mine keeps coming back too. Seems no rhyme or reason to how long it will take to boot. I have tried all the suggestions, but this is hopeless. It will be good when the KIS gurus get back from their hols. We are now well into January and this problem has gone on too long already.

For issue caused by System Watcher: The fix is in the works_

The fix will be sometime in the future, for version 2013, via automatic databases updater.

What is happening now: This topic thread is being de-cluttered, so the productive posts can be more easily discoverable, and this topic thread is on flood control. Productive posts are welcome, but please do not post unproductive "me-too" flood, nor unproductive "this is so horrible" flood. :)

edit: add happy face.

Edited by richbuff

What I've been doing is turn off system watcher before I log off then next morning when I boot up, let KAV go through it's deal and then turn system watcher on. Seems to work ok.

-------------------------------

Edit: Thank you for posting your observations.

Three clutter posts were removed. "When...?" "I second that..." "This problem now has a month..."

The issue is known, the workaround is known, the fix is currently being tested for future release via automatic updater. Please do not post unproductive content. If you want, you can read dozens of pages of the same repeated flood for this topic. Fire up google translate, look in the non-English sections of this forum for the extremely lengthy topic threads that contain the same old repeated content.

This topic thread is currently opened, but only post if you have productive content for the community to read.

Edited by richbuff

I received a final letter from the official Kaspersky Tech Team regarding the issue.

They said a bug will be submitted regarding this problem but they don't have an estimated time of fix.

I received a final letter from the official Kaspersky Tech Team regarding the issue.

They said a bug will be submitted regarding this problem but they don't have an estimated time of fix.

oh well, i think i will look for a more competent AV company as this ones incapable of rolling back a faulty update

Had an email from technical support today,patch E to be released 29th January, so just hang in there and hopefully this will solve our problems. :rolleyes:

'A new system watcher update is due to be released on the 29th Jan. This should solve the slow start up. One thing that may help - is to check - open Kaspersky go to Settings->advanced settings (icon of cardboard box) Compatibility mode - the concede resources to other applications should be unticked, the concede resources at startup is ticked (after application of patch E) If you dont see this run an update and reboot to make sure patch E is listed (Right click on K icon under Show Hidden Icons and go to About)'

I am one who will also be awaiting the automatic update which addresses this problem. For me, disabling system watcher fixed the problem of email and browser delayed start.

I'm glad Kaspersky read our feedback and was alerted to this problem.

Edited by Caslon

Had an email from technical support today,patch E to be released 29th January, so just hang in there and hopefully this will solve our problems. :rolleyes:

'A new system watcher update is due to be released on the 29th Jan. This should solve the slow start up. One thing that may help - is to check - open Kaspersky go to Settings->advanced settings (icon of cardboard box) Compatibility mode - the concede resources to other applications should be unticked, the concede resources at startup is ticked (after application of patch E) If you dont see this run an update and reboot to make sure patch E is listed (Right click on K icon under Show Hidden Icons and go to About)'

Patch E? It's already out. You mean something else?

So that's why I have a slow start up with Kaspersky? But no way I will disable system watcher what about exploit protection or it will still work without it?

Also "Compatibility mode - the concede resources to other applications should be unticked, the concede resources at startup is ticked" Erm... The concede resources at startup is ticked? It say: "Automatic application start up will be postponed which will cause reduce security level" Can someone explain this one?

As the quoted text from support says there will be an update for system watcher to fix the startup problems. However, it is not a patch. There will be a patch later to fix the shutdown delays.

I don't think exploit protection works if system watcher is disabled.

Since patch E concede resources at startup is ticked by default. It should make your system start faster, but it may take longer until the full protection is available.

As the quoted text from support says there will be an update for system watcher to fix the startup problems. However, it is not a patch. There will be a patch later to fix the shutdown delays.

I don't think exploit protection works if system watcher is disabled.

Since patch E concede resources at startup is ticked by default. It should make your system start faster, but it may take longer until the full protection is available.

I see. Oh that's what it is... In that case I will disable it. Thanks.

I don't want to sound unproductive, but I feel the need to say something. I saw the program update arrive this morning, but several re-boots later, my start-up seems just as slow as ever, and KIS 2013 is still driving my CPU meter up to 100% for several minutes on boot-up. I don't see anybody else complaining, so I am wondering if something has gone awry with my machine.

I don't want to sound unproductive, but I feel the need to say something. I saw the program update arrive this morning, but several re-boots later, my start-up seems just as slow as ever, and KIS 2013 is still driving my CPU meter up to 100% for several minutes on boot-up. I don't see anybody else complaining, so I am wondering if something has gone awry with my machine.

You prob have some conflict with other program... Do you have any other AV? Also did you tweak settings in KIS?

Edited by Seany007

The update has not been released yet, maybe it will be released later today. Please check again then.

The update has been officially released :bs:.

been hold off on this before i install 2013 on my other computers. I ran the update but it still shows E and has been E for a while now. Can any body confirm if this has been applied and resolved?

The update to fix the startup problems has been released a few hours ago. It is a regular update and not a patch, at the moment patch E is still the latest patch for version 2013 (13.0.1.4190).

It seems like there will be a patch later to fix shutdown delays.

Edited by JanRei