Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adslimq2

Disable/remove Safe Run for Websites? KIS 2012

5 posts in this topic

So, I thought this Safe Run for Websites sounded like a good idea, and started it running for my banking sites.

Bad move!

When I downloaded data from my bank I saved the files to my Desktop. However those files were not there when I tried to retrieve them into my accounting programme.

I put in a support request about 2 weeks ago - nothing!

Now I have to bypass the Kaspersky prompt every time I visit my banking sites.

Can anyone tell me how to disable or uninstall the Safe Run for Websites, please?

So, I thought this Safe Run for Websites sounded like a good idea, and started it running for my banking sites.

Bad move!

When I downloaded data from my bank I saved the files to my Desktop. However those files were not there when I tried to retrieve them into my accounting programme.

I put in a support request about 2 weeks ago - nothing!

Now I have to bypass the Kaspersky prompt every time I visit my banking sites.

Can anyone tell me how to disable or uninstall the Safe Run for Websites, please?

Hello.....You can't save to your desktop from safe run for websites but you can save to a saferun shared folder.

For the files saved or modified in safe mode to be available when working in standard mode, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 provides the possibility of using the Safe Run Shared Folder. All files saved in this folder when working in safe mode, will be available in standard mode. The shared folder is a folder on a hard disk created at the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 installation.

http://support.kaspersky.com/6661

Hello.....You can't save to your desktop from safe run for websites but you can save to a saferun shared folder.

For the files saved or modified in safe mode to be available when working in standard mode, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 provides the possibility of using the Safe Run Shared Folder. All files saved in this folder when working in safe mode, will be available in standard mode. The shared folder is a folder on a hard disk created at the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 installation.

http://support.kaspersky.com/6661

Thank you for the reply. I followed that link, and looked in my Saferun Folder - there are no files there. So I tried again, saving to the Saferun Shared Folder, and they were saved. Thanks.

However, I find this annoying and inconvenient, so is there a way to stop Kaspersky from trying to make me use Saferun?

Cheers

Thank you for the reply. I followed that link, and looked in my Saferun Folder - there are no files there. So I tried again, saving to the Saferun Shared Folder, and they were saved. Thanks.

However, I find this annoying and inconvenient, so is there a way to stop Kaspersky from trying to make me use Saferun?

Cheers

Hi again.....Yes there is....In the link you can see how to enable safe run so just uncheck the relevant boxes to disable

You must remember your in a protected browser in safe run and its disabled by default so just do the opposite to when you enabled it.

http://support.kaspersky.com/6317

Hi again.....Yes there is....In the link you can see how to enable safe run so just uncheck the relevant boxes to disable

You must remember your in a protected browser in safe run and its disabled by default so just do the opposite to when you enabled it.

http://support.kaspersky.com/6317

Ahhhh - that's great. It was too well hidden.

Many thanks!