In the 3 weeks that I've been using KIS 2013, it has only caught 2 pieces of Spam. Numerous other pieces of obvious Spam have gotten through. I need to highlight all of this junk in Outlook, and click the Spam button, to get the garbage out of my inbox. When I was using KIS2011 (I never upgraded to KIS2012 because of the Spam issue), it caught 95% of this Spam.

The settings in KIS2013 ask me to train for Spam. I have done this numerous times. Any help would be appreciated.

post-53917-1355251871_thumb.jpg

The settings in KIS2013 ask me to train for Spam. I have done this numerous times. Any help would be appreciated.

post-53917-1355251871_thumb.jpg

You're not alone; I have the same problem(s).

You're not alone; I have the same problem(s).

I'm also having the same problems. I'm seriously considering uninstalling Kaspersky and going back to Norton 360 and/or a third-party spam filter.

Firstly, I've just upgraded to Internet Security 2013 and ran the update. Yet, even after the databases and application are updated (say 10 minutes ago) I continuously get a message and pop-up alerts saying that the databases are obsolete - "please run update". And then it takes about half an hour to download about 20MB of data, after which the databases are still obsolete!

As for the spam filter(s), I've gone around in circles. Either the filter catches most of my emails and nearly everything gets sent to the spam folder, or it catches nearly nothing. I have to go through all my emails and my spam folder to filter things out manually. But even when I click on "Mark as Spam" or "Mark as Not Spam", the email addresses don't seem to get added to the respective white and black lists.

I went in to manually edit the white and black lists. It's not obvious how it works, but it's best to export the list and edit it in excel or something. It must be in the format "#;filterstring". # is "1" if the filter is to applied (and corresponds to the check box). "filterstring" is either the entire email address or a search string where "*" represents any number of characters and "?" represent any single character.

So I went through all my emails and created proper white and black lists "friend@gmail.com" and "*@mywork.com", "*.cn", etc.

Nevertheless, some/many/all? emails that are already on my white list end up in my spam folder. I can't seem to figure out which ones get ignored and which ones are marked as spam. In the 2012 version, if I marked an email as "not spam" then the address would be added to the white list in capital letters. Nothing happens if I mark the email in the 2013 version.

I've also changed the Expert Method settings, usually around 80 for definite spam and 30-60 for probably spam (I've tried different values). I haven't had a single email caught as "probable spam".

Finally, I tried to train the software. The 2013 version now has a training link in the Anti-Spam tab. However, even though my outlook system is listed, I can't view/select any subfolders and when I click on "train", 0 messages are scanned.

So what's going on? Is there anyone on tech support who can help with this problem? I tried to send a support ticket, but all I got was FAQs that weren't relevant, or a link to this forum.

Edited by orish

Finally, I tried to train the software. The 2013 version now has a training link in the Anti-Spam tab. However, even though my outlook system is listed, I can't view/select any subfolders and when I click on "train", 0 messages are scanned.

I have exactly the same problem "Anti-Spam requires training", but in my case it is not MS Outlook, but MS Windows Mail. Here it may also not show/expand subfolders. When click on the "Next" and "Finish" buttons the result is the same – 0 messages are scanned…

I’m using: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 + KIS 2013 13.0.1.4190 (e) + Windows Live Mail (Live Essential mail client - not Web mail)

Except from this, everything is great :supercool:

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards

post-23011-1360332660_thumb.png

post-23011-1360332682_thumb.png

post-23011-1360332692_thumb.png

post-23011-1360332712_thumb.png

I have found the anti spam totally useless. It slows down my mail delivery to about 1/10 of its normal speed. It often marks as spam things that are not. When it does that, it should make some reference to needing "training". I simply turned it off. I was fine for a decade and more without it. :b_lol1:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.