Kaspe_jp

Action Center does Not detect Kaspersky 2013 on Windows 8 Pro x64

I installed the latest version, 13.0.1.4190 b, but My system does not detect kaspersky's states correctly.

"Both Windows Defender and Kaspersky internet security are disabled."

"Both Windows firewall and kaspersky internet security are disabled."

I have already tried to enable Kaspersky internet security manually through windows action center.

but the setting cannot be changed and I cannot turn on the setting...

Reboot, clean install with the removal tool, windows 8 clean install and reinstall Kaspersky, but I have not sloved the problem.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

post-436364-1352081420_thumb.png

post-436364-1352081466_thumb.png

Same problem as me mate. KIS 2013 was turning itself off and I was getting the same message.

A clean uninstall and and reinstall didn't fix the problem. I've lodged support tickets with tech support.

Cheers,

Stuart.

My win 7 system stopped recognizing 2013 anti virus and i can't figure it out. The action center just says "not being monitored" and go online to get an anti virus but the Kaspersky 2013 outside of action center seems to be working. I somehow lost some features to it though, particularly the little (K) logo that tells you if a link is safe. are

I ran all types of scans with on demand scanners and no malware was detected and i also ran the Kaspersky rootkit scanner in both modes and still nothing.

I am a novice with this stuff, so if you can, be easy on me.

Much appreciated

edit: merged.

Edited by richbuff

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...ef21b5a30f66299

I did the GSI report but i don't really get the computer lingo so i hope i do this right. My problem is my anti virus 2013 is not being recognized in action center. Action center is just saying currently not monitored and before i turned the notification off it said search for anti virus online.

The other issue is it shows one vulnerability but won tell me what it is.

Thanks for the help

edit: del big codebox.

Edited by richbuff

You're welcome. Change Action Center settings: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/chan...,pageNum-5.html

I already did the Dummies thing, i just wanted to know why it was telling me it was monitored up till a few days ago and now it does not. I lost the anti viruses url checks feature and i would like to get Kasperskys full benefits back, not merely shut off the warning messages.

Do i have to uninstall and reinstall to get them back?

Thanks again

You're welcome. Is the Security Center issue all good now? I don't know how the settings got changed.

Check to see that the Kaspersky add-ons are enabled in your browser settings. Also check to see that Check URLs is enabled in Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus settings.

You're welcome. Is the Security Center issue all good now? I don't know how the settings got changed.

Check to see that the Kaspersky add-ons are enabled in your browser settings. Also check to see that Check URLs is enabled in Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus settings.

Yeah i checked everything and i still can't get it to recognize Kaspersky 2013 anti virus. Action center says currently not monitored.

"Action center says currently not monitored."

That is normally due to the user user changing the setting.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/chan...,pageNum-5.html -> please see the fourth screenshot in that link. After that, please open ypur Action Center and then go to the Change Settings window, and post the screenshot, so I can see if you have Virus Protection unchecked.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

There has got to be some misunderstanding here. I have been through the Action center check box thing countless times already, i checked it numerous times and it's always checked , it doesn't matter the anti virus is still not being recognized.

Every single time i have gone into action center the anti virus box has been checked and the anti virus still says i need to find anti virus online because there is none on the system. We all know it is on the system though and it's updated and running, what else could it be, the check box is checked for the anti virus

edit: del broken quote.

Edited by richbuff

I have a similar problem with KIS 2013. Win 8 Pro - Action Centre is telling me that the Firewall, AV & anti-spyware software is all turned off. I go into AC and select the button to select the software and although it obviously sees KIS as being installed selecting the option to turn it on has no effect. All the checkboxes are checked in the AC setting.

I also have the WHS (2011) connector telling me these are turned off.

KIS is telling me all the main components are enabled (Safe money is turned off).

This only started in the past week.

Thanks, Simon

I have exactly the same two Action Center messages after a clean un-install / re-install of KIS 2013 on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I did the un/re-install per request of Kaspersky technician in an attempt to resolve another problem. Both issues are slowly... being... investigated... on... a... ticket....

Was this issue ever resolved?

I have exactly the same issue with Action Center not recognizing that KIS is active after a clean un-install / re-install of KIS 2013 on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.

I disabled Windows Defender in the Services window and have Windows Firewall running as a service but disabled through GUI.

Was this ever resolved? Whom do I believe, Action Center or KIS?

Merged to mitigate cross-posting.

You can try this: Un and re install Kaspersky, but after the reboot after uninstall, wait a few minutes for the Action Center icon to appear in the notification area before re-installing Kaspersky.

Has anyone ever gotten a definitive answer to the elementary question for Win 8 Pro 64-bit: before re-installing, should Windows Defender Service and Windows Firewall service be enabled or disabled? If services are enabled, should they be disabled from their respective control panel GUIs before re-install? Do we let KIS manage some or all of it during the install?

So totally basic, yet I don't see an answer and it is not even mentioned in the support instructions for re-install. This question just keeps bouncing around other threads with contradictory answers, blind leading the blind (excuse the expression). Or does Kaspersky want customers to waste time trying all possible cases until something works and report back??

Edited by markf2748

Do Not Disable The Services.

Just simply install Kaspersky > reboot > update databases > reboot. You can then see in Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items, that Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are automatically disabled.

You can try this: Un and re install Kaspersky, but after the reboot after uninstall, wait a few minutes for the Action Center icon to appear in the notification area before re-installing Kaspersky.

Do Not Disable The Services.

Just simply install Kaspersky > reboot > update databases > reboot. You can then see in Windows Control Panel\All Control Panel Items, that Windows Firewall and Windows Defender are automatically disabled.

Following this procedure did not change matters - I get the same three Red Security warnings in Action Center reporting that Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and KIS are all turned off. When I click on the adjacent Action Center button options to turn on KIS components and agree to trust KIS as publisher, the warnings remain even though KIS is running.

Windows Defender service was automatically disabled, Windows Firewall service remains enabled, and the Control Panel Windows Firewall GUI says the network settings are being managed by vendor application Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.

Edited by markf2748

If the main Kaspersky window shows that all is good, then all is good. You can inform Tech Support of this issue.

I have already informed tech support as part of my other open issue with them, but I will add a reference to this thread.

After some searching, I see the same issue is reported for NIS at NIS 2013 Firewall cannot be monitored by windows 8 with no truly satisfactory solution. So I believe this problem has a strong Win 8 component to it, which probably needs to be pursued by Kaspersky with Microsoft.

Edited by markf2748

Response I received from Kaspersky Lab Support:

I'm sorry but the issue that you're facing is on Microsoft's side, not ours, probably a bug with Windows 8. As long as Kaspersky is green and displaying PC is protected, the anti-malware is running properly.

So Kaspersky (or at least this technician) tosses the problem over the wall.

Response I received from Kaspersky Lab Support:

Actually, the more specific response was:

Windows Defender and Firewall are automatically disabled by Kaspersky during the installation. If one of them is enabled after that, please disable it from the control panel.

If KIS2013 is green, then the components are enabled and you are protected. I do not know why Windows Action Center is giving you those warnings, please contact Microsoft for further assistance.

Services shows that Windows Firewall was in fact disabled, and that Windows Defender was not running (Triggered Start) after the install. So Action Center problem remains unresolved.

Edited by markf2748

I only see this "old bug of Windows" in the latest Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with KIS 2013. I never saw it in Windows 7 and I do not see it in Windows 8 Pro 32-bit.

Since this bug is very annoying and misleading for Kaspersky's customers, Kaspersky should pressure Microsoft to resolve it and work with them until it is solved. It makes Kaspersky's product look bad and customers end up wasting a lot of time in these forums and with KIS support. Individual customers have no power in this regard to influence Microsoft.

Edited by markf2748

User should press Microsoft like you do that here...action centar should be removed from windows because its useless and people dont even know what it does so they write topics like this.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.