Sign in to follow this  
Mojo2

Windows Email Blocked When KIS Activated

Hello - This is my first time to this forum. My issue is that when KIS in activated (turned on) my Windows email will not work. When I turn off KIS my email works again.

I have checked MS system checker to see if I am missing files etc....keep coming up with everything okay.

I tried to uninstall KIS but keep getting a pop-up saying "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

I also did system restore to previous date but, that too did nothing.

I noticed a file showing Patch_Stolen OEAS.dll Another forum suggested that KIS owns oeas.dll and therefore it is a bug on their end?

Please help!

Thank you.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Seriously? You guys talk jibberish. I am a 50 year old woman who does not know computers very well and I am really starting to hate your service, and your product.

Where the heck is GetSystemInfo report link and where is fifth important topic?

At least supply the link so I just have to click it and voila be directed there....wow such a novel idea! Bettery yet, how about a phone number where I can actually speak to someone in English and get my problem solved.

Okay I found the Get System Report Information. Below is the Link...I hope I have done this properly. In conjunction to my Windows Mail (Vista) not working while KIS is activated I also can not delete KIS as I keep getting a pop-up stating "This action in only valid for products that are currently installed."

Get System Report

Please let me know next step.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Seriously? You guys talk jibberish. I am a 50 year old woman who does not know computers very well and I am really starting to hate your service, and your product.

Where the heck is GetSystemInfo report link and where is fifth important topic?

At least supply the link so I just have to click it and voila be directed there....wow such a novel idea! Bettery yet, how about a phone number where I can actually speak to someone in English and get my problem solved.

Hi Mojo2 -- Just a heads up... this is a user forum. No Kaspersky staff are here. It's a great place for help from knowledeable users of Kaspersky products. I've found everyone here incredibly helpful whenever I've needed anything.

The information Richbuff directed you to was at the very top of this discussion board. Important topics at the very top - he mentioned the 5th one specifically for you to check out & read. When you provide the GetSystemInfo data - it gives them a peek into what might be happening in your situation with your computer.

Please know that many of these users here on this board try very hard & do it on their own time to help people in situations like what you're experiencing. They are not employees, but forum users of Kaspersky products.

Otherwise, Richbuff pointed you to the Kaspersky Tech support link. I think you may find this forum a bit faster on the answers and more readily available to help you.

Just wanted to give you a friendly heads up though... :unsure:

Also,

It looks like you have PURE installed. Game plan: remove PURE 12.0.1.288, then install the most current version of PURE, which is Critical Fix 2 (build 12.0.2.733).

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.

When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Download PURE Critical Fix 2 (build 12.0.2.733) > install Critical Fix 2 (build 12.0.2.733) > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 (build 12.0.2.733) are located in the Important topics.

Also,

It looks like you have PURE installed. Game plan: remove PURE 12.0.1.288, then install the most current version of PURE, which is Critical Fix 2 (build 12.0.2.733).

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.

When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Download PURE Critical Fix 2 (build 12.0.2.733) > install Critical Fix 2 (build 12.0.2.733) > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 (build 12.0.2.733) are located in the Important topics.

Hello Rich - Thank you so much for letting me know. I had no idea....

I find this site very difficult and still don't understand how to send the report to them. It said to put the link in my original post which was this forum.

I will try the steps below and see if it works. This all started after a update.

Thanks again .

Hello Rich - Thank you so much for letting me know. I had no idea....

I find this site very difficult and still don't understand how to send the report to them. It said to put the link in my original post which was this forum.

I will try the steps below and see if it works. This all started after a update.

Thanks again .

Rich - Please if you could help me again? Step #5 Run the removal tool in safe mode? What is the Removal Tool? I do not see anything in safe mode. Also the http://support .kaspersky link you show.....where is that? I tried to type it in but there is no internet in safe mode. I am stuck at numer 5!

Also, at the bottom you show download links for Pure 2.0 (build 12.0.2.733) do I install this after the critical fix download? Just asking becasue it isn't labelled #7.

Rich, Thank you for your time.

Rich - Please if you could help me again? Step #5 Run the removal tool in safe mode? What is the Removal Tool? I do not see anything in safe mode. Also the http://support .kaspersky link you show.....where is that? I tried to type it in but there is no internet in safe mode. I am stuck at numer 5!

Also, at the bottom you show download links for Pure 2.0 (build 12.0.2.733) do I install this after the critical fix download? Just asking becasue it isn't labelled #7.

Rich, Thank you for your time.

I figured it out!!! I went back and selected "safe mode with networking" and took it from there.....

Thanks again. I really do find Kaspersky customer support lacking and not sure I will renew once my subscription is up.

But thanks to you I got things sorted and my email is working again...so happy :-)

Mojo2, if it's any consolation, I have been running KIS since 2006 on this 2004 HP and have never had to re-image (re-run Windows set up) She's a little slower in her old age but the point being, Kaspersky has kept this machine safe and sound for many years. Kaspersky takes some learning but is well worth it when compared to identity theft and bank accounts breached. I would never trust any of the others. Last I checked the comparisons I think Kaspersky was at about 96% effective. I think Norton and McCaffee were somewhere in the low to mid 80% range. All AVs have their issues because no two computer OSs are the same and there will be conflicts with some systems. Hope you stick with Kaspersky. BTW, I had the same issue as you with my Outlook Express app and I upgraded to the latest version and all is fine now.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.