Sign in to follow this  
lsvet1

Limitations under Windows 8. Disabled Firewall.

I was gutted when I realised my OS wasn't compatible with the safe run features... but wowsers you windows 8 guys are missing a lot of features that you probably think you're paying for :blink:

List of all the stuff you miss out on:

http://support.kaspersky.com/9248

I have the impression that .733 is becoming less and less stable under W8 after each new MS update. I get the "Previous Application Launch Failed" and "corrupted database" after every reboot now on two different computers (one 32 bit, one 64 bit). I am uninstalling completely and hoping for an improved 3.0 (it's not as if 2.0 was offering much on top of the standard firewall/defender anyway). I can't believe with 18 months lead time it wasn't possible to have anticipated the W8 release and changed the standard release cycle - increasingly sorry I "upgraded" from KIS to Pure.

Actually, I am having that issue with windows xp way too often. Windows 7 is fine. Just my XP machine, even did the uninstall and reinstalled. Same thing, which leads me to think its not a config issue on my end. I just know if it doesnt load up.. or error load up.. I cant do any right click context menus in explorer.

As for windows 8. Yea, its kinda bothering me now that I upgraded and most of my Pure 2.0 stuff is disabled that made me feel secure. Whole reason I have been using Kaspersky for years now. Now I understand 3.0 we will get for free in the upgrade, cool. Only thing for me is wondering... would Kaspersky be willing to credit our license a month or 2 extra time till they fix the issue and we have a fully working product that we paid for. (Not that they fix it and you only have 2-3 months left on your license before you could finally use everything again, or least the majority of the functions)

hi, I noticed that some protection components are inaccessible. Mainly the firewall that I can not turn. I tried with the windows firewall but even in this case fails to boot. My system is windows 8 64-bit version of Pure is 2.0.

Thanks, Paolo

post-473763-1371750559_thumb.jpg

Welcome. Merged. Please install PURE 3.0.

Migration instructions are located in the second Important topic.

Hello and thanks for your reply. You can send me the link to update my version of Pure Italian? My license that expires in 212 days is still valid with the new program?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.