Sign in to follow this  
wearearewe

kavmm uses 100% of cpu while idle

It's a battle between two of the three kavmm.exe process and csrss.exe to see which one can burn my server up first. Between the three processes they leave my two processor file server with no cpu cycles left for anything else. There is no scan currently running and the only tasks running are Real Time File Protection & Real Time Script Protection, neither of which can be stopped.

HELP!! :(

TIA

I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy here in a mission critical situation.

The only way out was to reboot the server.

I thought virus protection was supposed to help, not hinder. :angry:

Any forensics or tips on what to do next time would be greatly appreciated.

I have a similar problem.

I hope this can help you because I am still looking other solution to solve this kind of problem.

In normal case,

I find the KAVMM.exe should have two process. I guass one for real time protection another On-demand scan task.(if you have many kavmm.exe. It seems have many on-demand scan task running at same time.)

This is my experience. Hope it can help you.

When the KAV service begin work will start "Automatic scan on Kaspersky anti-virus startup", it will create one KAVMM to do it.

Unfortunately, the startup scan task will incluad entire HardDisk, which usually cause the CPU 100% or slow down process, so I will turn this task stop and don't set schedule to start it.

Also, I will set other on-demand scan task to exclude archives object(I only need it be scan by real-time file protection when the file be open) to decrease scan time and performace.

If it isn't enough, I will also set restrictions to decrease more speed ( it will incresase some risk, but I hope the real-time file protection can detect the object when I accidenly use it).

If you have install Kaspersky administration kit(Server), I will suggest to set the fileserver policy to apply all computers which I install kaspersky File server.

In other case,

The CPU 100% usage will happen other anti-virus software doesn't uninstall clear.

This also will happen this problem.

I hope someons can share their experience to manager Kaspersky Anti-virus for File Server to avoid this problem.

best reguards,

Chandler

Ona machines with more than one physical or logical CPUs, go to registry and change all names except p0, see attached picture.

After that, from cmd line, use kavshell to stop AV processes and start to start KAV only on one logical CPU.

Cpu utilization should not be so high after that.

post-10390-1163679289.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.